grinding xp to get 30... are bots an efficient method?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOCUSMYHEAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

first off, spare me all the "you need 400 hours gameplay to learn before ranked". ive been getting accused of being a smurf since level 5, and facing level 30s in normal draft mode since 12. there's just not that much to master in this game, and in any case im not interested in hearing it

i want to get to 30 fast, and am curious if anyone else did this using bots. i played one 20 minute game vs a bot (1v1) and got 80 XP for it. seems to me this is just as fast as playing a 5v5 draft pick and getting 130 xp for a 50 minute game, and it was a lot easier - basically playing with one hand

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-15-2012

If you're not interested in hearing what I have to say, then why should I bother responding? It's quite arrogant to assume you know everything there is to know, and your only issue is that you're not level 30.

So you can beat other low levels, that doesn't make you pro, nor does it mean you have mastered everything there is to master. While there are fewer archaic mechanics to master (i.e. denying in DotA), that by no means makes the game itself easier to master.

So you find yourself playing against level 30s. These are the weaker level 30s that are playing against lower levels because they lose most of the games against other 30s.

Bots are there to dip your feet in the water and familiarize yourself with the mechanics of a new champion. They're extremely lackluster when it comes to the more strategy related elements of this game. If you play bots to 30, you will be exactly where you are now, while those 'noobs' you're playing against continue to progress and pass you by. You will hit 30 and find yourself having intentionally stagnated your own progression, leaving you well behind even the 'average' new ranked player.

FOCUSMYHEAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

i didnt say i wasnt interested in what people have to say, i said i wasnt interested in the "dont rush 30" response when i am specifically asking how to rush 30

i have googled this and on all the responses you get the same answer, "dont rush 30" completely useless

there is nothing i can learn facing low 30s in normal that i couldnt learn facing low 30s in ranked. i want to play ranked. i have no problem with being thrown into ranked play unprepared. that is how virtually every other video game works. what i would like to avoid is a long, tiresome grind to 30 featuring 40 minute games with feeder allies who vote no on surrender

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-15-2012

You'll be playing with the same type of people in ranked once you get there until you improve yourself. If you can't carry in your current games, that means your skill is roughly equal to theirs. (Yes you might be a tiny bit better, but not drastically so.)

ZeroAquaduct

05-15-2012

The main problem that you'll face trying to level with bots is the cap at level 15. Once you reach level 15, you only get 3 hours per day on bots. After that, you get no XP.

If you want to get to level 30 as fast as possible, then PVP is really the only option since you can play 10 hours straight and still get XP. Unfortunately, with bots, you can't.

Asklepiós

05-15-2012

This is the kind of guy, that thinks they are beast. rush level 30, go into ranked, with no runes, no experience in countering champs, or what their skills are. and ruin ranked games at lower elo.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asklepiós View Post
This is the kind of guy, that thinks they are beast. rush level 30, go into ranked, with no runes, no experience in countering champs, or what their skills are. and ruin ranked games at lower elo.
If he wants to rush into ranked unprepared that's his prerogative, he'll sink down in Elo fast enough and realize how much he has left to learn while wishing he had spent this time 'grinding' doing more than simply leveling. The issue is more that the way things look, he'll get to ranked and then feel that his teammates are holding him down, because it obviously wasn't his fault.

TwistWrist

05-15-2012

Fastest way would be buying a bunch of XP boosts. So go buy those. Heaps if you can.

Gnompwren

05-15-2012

So general rule of thumb here is to level on bots till level 10 or so, then hop into pvp normals?

Dera Mochimazzi

05-15-2012

Hes so good, he goes 1/11/1 veigar in a Normal game.