Fizz some help please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZiadAhmed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-15-2012

Hi,

I bought Fizz earlier and he is really good with me he suits me well especially when the enemy are squishes but i have a problem on how to counter ad carriers,tanks and what items to buy late game so i don't die easily my build is

doran ring>doran ring>sorcerer's shoes>death cap>lich bane>deathfire grasp>(after i sell my two dorans) optional.

so what to buy to counter ad carriers,tanks and what to buy for late game so i dont die easily

thx alot in advance.

Truition

05-15-2012

That can be the problem with fizz, he doesnt match up very well against tanks. Luckily his playstyle allows you to dart in and out and continue to poke them with your dot. If you are having problems surviving I guess you could build rylais , zhonyas etc but generally speaking its just about timing your attacks right and not getting caught with no cooldowns up. You ask how to counter carries, you should be nuking them from full anyway, and ofc if they stack mag resist then void staff etc are the way to go.

ZiadAhmed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-15-2012

k thx what is better to start with (w) or (e) and do i start with doran ring or boots and 3 health potions

Cyberthief

05-15-2012

Which skill to get depends on who you expect to be laning against. Like, if I'm mid against a Kass or Leblanc, I typically get e first, in order to dodge the main part of their combo. Kass can't silence you if you jump over it, Leblanc can't activate the mark her Q puts on you if you jump over it, etc. Against people where that doesn't matter as much, you can go w first since it is your main damage source.

The same logic applies for items. If you expect to go against someone who is skill shot dependent, then boots + pots is your preferred choice. If not, a doran's or two will help mitigate what you can't jump over.

ChaoticHypnotic

05-15-2012

You need to max your CDR and get DFG before Rabadon and before Lichbane.

Get Ionian Boots instead of Sorc boots. If you feel short on MPen without Sorc boots, get a Haunting Guise instead of the second Doran.

Then, get DFG, Sheen, Rabadon, finish Lichbane.

Your best survivability option is leveraging E and your passive well. That said, items like Banshee/Abyssal are good when the enemy has more AP. Frozen Heart is good if the enemy has more AD. If you're ready to get Frozen Heart late game (and you already have Ionian boots and DFG), you can do a quick swap on your boots to get Sorc/Mercury and then get Frozen Heart.

You want to max W > E > Q > R in that order.

Enjoy!

Aikimiller

05-15-2012

I just picked him up too, and have been playing him a lot.

Against tanks- your job is to ignore them. Assassinate the carry- because the carry is the thing that can kill your team. let your AD carry kill their tank- it's what AD carries are built for. Your role is to stop the opposing team from killing your carry by killing their carries and assassins first.

I've found myself consistently rushing Deathcap and then lichbane. I really want to build more CDR early, but I find that I NEED the AP. As for ionian boots- I've tried them, and noticed a very large decrease in my damage output. Fizz is all about maximizing his damage in a single burst, and then getting away. MPen helps with this- CDR does not. I've had very few game where I have enough gold to get anything after deathcap/lichbane- most games I do well end about there, and if I'm not doing well and the game is going long I'm not going to have the gold to buy anything anyway.

MPen is so amazing because it works on a percentage basis- and so it scales directly with your damage, as long as the target isn't building magic resist (and most of your targets aren't).

Countering AD carries in a teamfight situation is easy- just kill them. If you're stuck laning against one, honestly your best bet is to ask for a lane switch if you find yourself not capable of forcing them back with damage. There are a couple youtube videos I found of pro-fizz laners against caitlyn, and that might help you out to have a look at those too.

ChaoticHypnotic

05-15-2012

I guess it's all in how you play.

I find max CDR far more important than MPen (sorc boots are flat penetration, not percentage, by the way). MPen helps deal a bit more damage, but you suffer in the survivability and recovery department.

Also, DFG is absolutely a must-have item for Fizz. Without it, he will never do the damage needed to drop tanks (which shouldn't be ignored, but rather prioritized later), and you will never be getting max damage out of W.

ZiadAhmed

Recruiter

05-15-2012

I was buying DFG after boots but found deathcap to be more important in my first items and ionian boots decrease my dmg but i choose them if i need anyway thx gonna train with him so i can play ranked if u have some tips i would like to hear them thx alot

Azellos

05-15-2012

You dont need CDR all THAT much. It's HELPFUL, but cdr boots is not worth it. Get sorc boots usually, merc treads if they have a **** ton of cc. I advice rusing deathcap before lichs/rylai/dfg, because it makes you do so-much-more-damage. It's an expensive item, but its amazing to have.

My build is typically boots+ 3pots (infinitely better than dorans ring for the regen+mobility), either 2 dorans then sheen or rush sheen (depends if i'm ahead- dorans helps you get ahead, sheen helps you keep your lead and is a good item to have), and then build towards hat.

Aikimiller

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
I guess it's all in how you play.

I find max CDR far more important than MPen (sorc boots are flat penetration, not percentage, by the way). MPen helps deal a bit more damage, but you suffer in the survivability and recovery department.

Also, DFG is absolutely a must-have item for Fizz. Without it, he will never do the damage needed to drop tanks (which shouldn't be ignored, but rather prioritized later), and you will never be getting max damage out of W.
So, how do you play? Once I've got a deathcap and sorc shoes, I don't normally need CDR- because people are dead in a single combo. I guess this is sort of an all-in damage style.

I want to get DFG on Fizz- however, do you think it's more important than Lichbane/Deathcap? Those two items are really his core for me, and by the time I get them the game is usually practicly over. As far as taking out tanks- that's more of the AD carry's department I think, although your W is pretty useful in helping finish them off. As long as I'm not trying to solo them, it's normally not a problem for me.