No free champs in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vacrum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

In my opinion you should not be allowed to play a free champ during a ranked game. Some may argue well what if someone doesnt have a lot of champions. If you dont have enough champions that you rely on free week then you shouldnt be playing ranked yet because i guarantee you arent ready for it.

I dont know how many times ive played ranked games and some idiot picks the free champ of the week and has never played him fails and causes us to lose our game. Its stuff like that, that keeps me in Elo Hell. There is NO purpose for free champions in ranked remove them riot.

Linkguy333

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacrum View Post
In my opinion you should not be allowed to play a free champ during a ranked game. Some may argue well what if someone doesnt have a lot of champions. If you dont have enough champions that you rely on free week then you shouldnt be playing ranked yet because i guarantee you arent ready for it.

I dont know how many times ive played ranked games and some idiot picks the free champ of the week and has never played him fails and causes us to lose our game. Its stuff like that, that keeps me in Elo Hell. There is NO purpose for free champions in ranked remove them riot.
I agree with this, it is annoying in ranked+draft when someone gets to play the champion I own through the stupid free champs.

MCMCMAN2

05-14-2012

well, i agree that it should be taken out of ranked. but in draft, it shouldnt really be removed.

Dexteryus

05-14-2012

The number of champions a player has should not matter to decide if he/she is ready for ranked games. And besides, if you remove the free week champs from ranked you will have 10 less champs every week plus the bans, that would be a total of 13 removed champs for each team, that could be a problem.

Foxichu

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexteryus View Post
The number of champions a player has should not matter to decide if he/she is ready for ranked games. And besides, if you remove the free week champs from ranked you will have 10 less champs every week plus the bans, that would be a total of 13 removed champs for each team, that could be a problem.
It does show your skill, it should show how many roles you can play. If you don't have 2-3 champs for each role to pick/counterpick with, you shouldn't be doing ranked.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

If you don't have enough champions in your arsenal to have 10 champions with pick from without the free week champs... you shouldn't be in ranked.

Until they realize how much this hampers the general public, do what I do: Ban this weeks most popular free champions. If you do not have control, plead! You might not get all picks, but keeping that first time Olaf off your team sounds good to me.

Elo hell just sucks, sorry bro.

Tete de tigre

05-15-2012

I totaly Agree. !!

Dexteryus

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxichu View Post
It does show your skill, it should show how many roles you can play. If you don't have 2-3 champs for each role to pick/counterpick with, you shouldn't be doing ranked.

I cannot agree with this. Any player with a credit card can purchase RP and buy a lot of champions and skins, that would not mean that he/she is good with all of them. That bring us back to the statement "you can't tell a player skill based on the champs he/she owns"

FrZnWaters

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacrum View Post

No.

Dexteryus

05-15-2012

I think a better solution to this is that the player should be more cautious or prudent when playing ranked. I mean, if the player wants to use a free champ, he should try it in normal for a couple of days (about 10 - 15 games) and then go into ranked. But we will always have to deal with players that dont follow rules.