Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shen runes, just some questions :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mamox

08-17-2010

So Shen is one of my mains. I am good with him too which is why I feel so silly asking this but I need to know.

How do you rune him? Currently this is my set up....

Red- Arm pen
Yellow- Energy regain/level
blue- MR
Quints- HP.

So I can't decide how much I like the energy regain runes. They are noticeable but would the 9% dodge from yellow dodge runes help more combined with nimbleness? What are high ELO Shen players opinions on energy runes, I just hope I didn't waste a lot of IP on them bc I had a bunch stored and bought them when they came out from excitement "OH energy runes!! SWEET" lol

Also for red runes...how do you rune him? Right now my viable options are tier 3 magic pen/armor pen. I need to save some IP and maybe get flat HP red runes but I'm not sure they would be worth it. Armor pen helps with last hitting/early laning damage and Magic pen helps his Q hit pretty **** hard early, which could net a kill or so. So right now I'm not sure which would be the best of the two...and if I were to save some IP and buy a new set of Marks for just Shen should I grab some flat HP reds, or maybe armor? Or is sticking with what I have good enough?

Thanks.

NooDL3

08-17-2010

Needs more Flat CDR Runes and Vespene Gas

ChibiTushi

08-17-2010

When I ran my Shen page I had

Magic Pen Marks
HP/Level Seals
CD/Level Glyphs (Not the best, your MR is probably better, I just have none)
and Flat HP x3 Quints

The Magic Pen works better I think because it's a far less common stat for most characters to get, and if you don't really have an extremely AP team people shouldn't be stacking MR, which means your pen works that much better. It's mostly for the Ki Strike.
Also MR generally doesn't scale per level on most champs.

I doubt those are optimal runes for Shen but that's what I used.
I definitely think shen prefers the HP/Level to dodge or energy runes (I think the general consensus is that energy runes are total trash)

Vivacious

08-17-2010

You do not want Dodge with Shen because his passive gains increased cool down based on how many times Shen is hit similar to Amumu's Tantrum.

I would spec these:

Red: Magic Pen or HP/Level
Yellow: Energy Regen/Level or MR/Level
Blue: Flat CDR or MR/Level

Quints: Movement Speed or Flat HP

The first set is for a more offensive Shen that's meant to Q-spam. The movement speed quints really help out for such an unorthodox slow ninja. The second set is a usual tank set-up. The emphasis is on MR because a majority of the items that a tank Shen typically gets are Armor based. With MR Runes, you can get away with grabbing Mercs, Aegis, and a GA and you'll have a fair amount of MR throughout the game.

Vivacious

08-17-2010

You do not want Dodge with Shen because his passive gains increased cool down based on how many times Shen is hit similar to Amumu's Tantrum.

I would spec these:

Red: Magic Pen or HP/Level
Yellow: Energy Regen/Level or MR/Level
Blue: Flat CDR or MR/Level

Quints: Movement Speed or Flat HP

The first set is for a more offensive Shen that's meant to Q-spam. The movement speed quints really help out for such an unorthodox slow ninja. The second set is a usual tank set-up. The emphasis is on MR because a majority of the items that a tank Shen typically gets are Armor based. With MR Runes, you can get away with grabbing Mercs, Aegis, and a GA and you'll have a fair amount of MR throughout the game.

DayInTheSun

08-17-2010

I like to run:

Armor pen marks
Dodge seals
MR per level glyphs
MS quints