Revive a bit too much in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Bird

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhhh **** View Post
lmao- the key to winning in dom is to be the team that dies the most. Right.
Uh. No the key to winning Dom is capping, holding, and defending points. Control. This is aided by being alive. The prospect of dying is inevitable - Revive minimizes time spent dead and gives a MS boost which is by far the most productive skill in maximizing your efficiency without many obstructing variables unlike every other summoner spell.

Ahhhh Crap

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Uh. No the key to winning Dom is capping, holding, and defending points. Control. This is aided by being alive. The prospect of dying is inevitable - Revive minimizes time spent dead and gives a MS boost which is by far the most productive skill in maximizing your efficiency without many obstructing variables unlike every other summoner spell.

Dieing is as inevitable as the strategy you use, saying its inevitable is flat wrong. If your strat is to go in guns blazing and not care about your HP bar, then youre going to need revive cause you'll get chopped up a lot. If you get lucky the other team gets overconfident and stops going back to base to heal, and sure, you can win that way.

Or you can be smart and not get killed and then win through dominance. Thats how I like to play dominion, not die and cap and die and cap

Glorious Bird

05-15-2012

Quote:
Dieing is as inevitable as the strategy you use, saying its inevitable is flat wrong. If your strat is to go in guns blazing and not care about your HP bar, then youre going to need revive cause you'll get chopped up a lot. If you get lucky the other team gets overconfident and stops going back to base to heal, and sure, you can win that way.

Or you can be smart and not get killed and then win through dominance. Thats how I like to play dominion, not die and cap and die and cap
Based on your game history you average pretty much 6 deaths a match. Two of these could be negated completely.

If you're too dense to grasp the benefit at this point then you're just really dumb.

Ahhhh Crap

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Based on your game history you average pretty much 6 deaths a match. Two of these could be negated completely.

If you're too dense to grasp the benefit at this point then you're just really dumb.
lol- yes, match history tells it all....like that game where I had 1 death and started spawn diving fleeing guys and racked up a few deaths (the game was way won already) or that other game where, yea, did the same thing. Or those games I didnt play as smart as I could of, or that game with the afk.

Now besides all that, please explain how revive is going to negate two deaths?

Glorious Bird

05-15-2012

Quote:
lol- yes, match history tells it all....like that game where I had 1 death and started spawn diving fleeing guys and racked up a few deaths (the game was way won already) or that other game where, yea, did the same thing. Or those games I didnt play as smart as I could of, or that game with the afk.

Now besides all that, please explain how revive is going to negate two deaths?
If excuses were candy we could feed the whole world.

2 Revives negates 2 Death counters. That's what the skill does. Not sure what you want me to explain to you about it. It's quite clear.

ZeroAquaduct

05-15-2012

Quote:
Revive isn't "die and cap and die and cap." The cooldown is really long, so you just get maybe 2 revives per game.

Obviously, everyone is aiming to not get killed and win through dominance. But everyone is thinking of that, so one side has to lose. I don't think even the top players can show a "no death" record.

NavyGothic

05-15-2012

Well, I learned something new today.

All you have to do to win a game of Dominion is be so awesome that you play perfectly and kill everyone and never die. Seems pretty simple to me, don't know why no one has thought of the "be awesome" strategy before. Can't argue with that logic; it does indeed make Revive worthless.

Satanixx

05-16-2012

I take Garrison/Revive every match I play in Dom. Granted, my elo is pretty ****ty due to the fact that I'm unable to play as much as I would like due to work.

But in my experiences I usually know when my team is gonna do well based on the number of people with Garrison and/or Revive.

On a side note, if I see alot of teammates with Flash, its gonna be a derp fest.

FDru

05-16-2012

Keep spamming revive.

Also, please keep blowing it after you die at windmill and the enemy team is in the process of capping it. Then either dance around outside the turret since you aren't diving at level 4, or wander around aimlessly since you just derped a pointless revive and your team is scattered and half dead.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that players who take revive just to win early windmill are the biggest idiots in the entire game.

Regory

05-16-2012

Revive doesn't actually nullify having died. Especially since the MS nerf, unless you're defending your home nodes (fairly useful as bot laner) you're still going to lose whatever you were contesting. It might get you back in time to contest or re-take the node, depending on where you were fighting and how weak the enemy team is after winning the fight, but it might not.

Compared to Ghost? You get 2.5 Ghosts to one Revive. That's 25 seconds of increased movespeed compared to 12 seconds of near twice the movespeed (125% diminishing to zero over 12s = average 60%ish considering movespeed soft caps), plus Revive removes one of your death timers (20ish seconds) and gives you extra health for a couple minutes after use. I'd say that Revive compares favorably, though Ghost is more useful in general circumstances; Revive can't be used as a movespeed buff in combat to chase/retreat nor can it be used to reinforce an area before a fight breaks out and people start dying.

Ghost can too but Exhaust / Ignite are the most likely summoners to directly win you a fight. Winning a fight is usually preferable to losing and Reviving afterward, plus they have much shorter cooldowns. Exhaust / Ignite can potentially save you 2-3x as many deaths as Revive nullifies, so I don't really understand Revive being such a "must-have."