Revive a bit too much in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

05-15-2012

Revive is to Dominion what Flash is to rift. Sure you could use something else but why would you?

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhhh **** View Post
I prefer to use spells that dont require me dieing to be functional. See I tend to try and avoid dieing and feeding the other team, and frankly it works. Why waste a spell that requires me to feed the other team to be useful?
Dude, it is Dominion, you are going to die. The only time you have perfect scores is when your team is rolling, every other time you will have several deaths.

Cauldrath

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
Dude, it is Dominion, you are going to die. The only time you have perfect scores is when your team is rolling, every other time you will have several deaths.
I've totally had lost games with teammates who ended the game with zero deaths. I usually report them for unskilled player afterwards because they were useless cowards.

Just Get Better

05-15-2012

I only usually take revive on someone with a long range ult OR when I'm bot lane.

Ahhhh Crap

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
I die 3~5 times a match if I'm not doing poorly. Lately I've been trying to play a bit more carefully and I've been doing good with 0~3 deaths as an AD sion, bout the same as an AD yi.

Towards late game my deaths go down as I get more fed, so if I use revive I'm going to get maybe one or two pops with it.

That's not worth it when I could instead use a spell thats going to get me more food, and be used more frequently.

The windmill fight or bot is the two uses for revive- I dont play bot that often, and when I do i play it conservatively and again, dont die that much. For windmill fight...its not a big deal if you lose windmill fight. It's only a big deal if you lose fight by dieing like spazz's instead of falling back and going after their bot cap. Split their team up, they'll be cocky and wander jungle, you pick them off, then you get your windmill back. You're base loses maybe 50~100 hp in the meantime which again, no big deal, youve got plenty of hp and now your team is more fed, more xp, and holding windmill cap while their team is probably frustrated and now going to play even worse.

Basic strategy is so much more useful than a spell that requires you to die to use it. Not sure why I got 4 downticks for pointing out that the spell requires you to fail first, but the guy with the sheep picture probably summed it up.

Ahhhh Crap

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
I've totally had lost games with teammates who ended the game with zero deaths. I usually report them for unskilled player afterwards because they were useless cowards.
so if I go 15/0/13 with most caps and neuts on the team, I'm useless? Or am I useless because you ran into an outnumbered fight but thought that dieing bravely was going to bring you rewards?
I see this happen too often-if I get a good number of kills going on, my team somehow thinks they've also gotten just as fed, and tend to fight like it. This is the typical carry issue- if you carry the rest of the team doesnt get as much fun from the game (everyone wants to be the carry and get the kils.) Its just not the way the game works though. If you play taric (or even another not quite as devoted tank) and I play yi- one of us is SUPPOSED to do the damage, and as I get even more fed, I'm going to be doing even more of it. If I also happen to be a slightly good player and know how to set up ambushes and ganks and make kills happen, again, I'm going to keep doing better as the game goes on. Yes, it makes it really hard for the rest of the team to get kills in, but as long as they havent been dieing foolishly, the other team is no greater fed then they are and they should be able to make it happen.

Instead what I see all too often is everyone gets more eager for kills and starts playing dumb. So while the carry is doing his/her job, the rest of the team is being over-aggressive and dieing, thus feeding the other team. Theyre actually stacking the deck even harder against themselves, but then they'll blame the carry for it being his fault.

Scapegoating is so much easier than accepting poor playing and consciously trying to fix it, but that doesnt make it the right choice.

Slivyrr

05-15-2012

I think it's overrated as well tbh.
Ghost has a lot more overall utility, and essentially serves the same purpose as the game progresses. I've NEVER played a game of Dominion where the windmill, opposing side's mid, and bottom have been locked for the entire game without a single re-possession. If both teams are at least fairly decent, the points will change quickly throughout the entire game, and for a very long period of time, those with revive are at a loss of one spell.

Honestly, if one team has all windmill players with revive, and another has all windmill players using heal, the side with four heals will sustain the windmill longer and will probably cap it first. Knowing when to go to base is also critical in halting revive's resourcefulness.

Revive is definitely a strong ability on Dominion, but I don't think it's overbearing. People who use their spells better often simply do better just because of the fact that they are, well, better.

Glorious Bird

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerShadowX View Post
I think it's overrated as well tbh.
Ghost has a lot more overall utility, and essentially serves the same purpose as the game progresses.
Ghost doesn't bring you back to life. This is worthwhile beyond the WM fight. Ghost is pretty awful TBH.

The team with the most revives will typically always win unless they are awful.

Ahhhh Crap

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Ghost doesn't bring you back to life. This is worthwhile beyond the WM fight. Ghost is pretty awful TBH.

The team with the most revives will typically always win unless they are awful.
lmao- the key to winning in dom is to be the team that dies the most. Right.

SHOE788

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhhh **** View Post
lmao- the key to winning in dom is to be the team that dies the most. Right.
No, it's the one that can control the map the longest, which revive does a hell of a job of. It's been said before, just look at the beginning wind mill fight. Your team manages to scrape a win, and not 10 seconds later you've got the entire other team streaming in again at full health while you have maybe 2 or 3 people at half health or below. They then kill and cap, or just cap and you have to assault a fully guarded map.

It will take probably 50-100 points just to get 3 points again, so yes revive is extremely powerful.