Revive a bit too much in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkOrchid

05-14-2012

I feel that way as I am playing more.

Seem the teams witht he more Revives have a higher chance of winning. Especially with champs that dont really need a good secondary summoner. 1 revive can really tilt the game hard.

Madkuntt

05-14-2012

Hence why once you get to higher elo games it's almost second nature for everyone to have revive...

Foxichu

05-14-2012

Revive is the Flash of Dominion, it's almost necessary to win when the other team has it. Think of the first team fight at the top of the map for an example, a team full of Revives vs a team with no Revives is essentially a 4v8.

Proceeds

05-14-2012

Eh, IMO revive is over rated... i know revive usually used for the the first cap at top, the team that caps it is usually low on hp but if one stays to defend/die for the cap and the the others recall to heal they'll be back at top in time to stop the revives from recapping. The one that does stay at top to defend has 3 hp spots near by including pots is bought. Rounds in dom are usually 22mins+ and REVIVE has a 10min cd..

Bughferd

05-14-2012

9 minute

Argodis

05-14-2012

From my experience and based on the games that I've spectated, one common theme I noticed among the losing team was poor use of revive. In most situations when they revived, they were unable to do anything and would have been better off staying dead and/or taking a different summoner.

It is hard to beat a revive team that knows what they're doing but for the most part I think it's an overrated summoner. Unless you play champs that are capable of making clutch plays alone, I don't really see a point of it in solo queue.

Ahhhh Crap

05-14-2012

I prefer to use spells that dont require me dieing to be functional. See I tend to try and avoid dieing and feeding the other team, and frankly it works. Why waste a spell that requires me to feed the other team to be useful?

larkhill

05-14-2012

revive is op for the first fight. after that, its terrible. i think its more of a problem with dominion where its a bit too difficult to stop a team from snowballing that first victory at top into a win.

NavyGothic

05-14-2012

There's a reason why you'll see 8+ revives on the Dom tournament matches.

100% mandatory for bot lane, of course; it's a Get Out Of Jail Free card to save your point if something goes wrong.

For top, it's vital if you want to win the Windmill fight, but also remains useful throughout the rest of the game. You can usually use it two or three times in a Dom match; if timed well, that's two or three point captures or defenses. I don't think it's mandatory for top, but it's hardly terrible.

The important thing is not to waste it. It's a crazy long cooldown; don't pop Revive unless you know it's going to make a difference.

FDru

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygothic View Post
there's a reason why you'll see 8+ revives on the dom tournament matches.
Attachment 442039