Why play leona when there is Blitzcrank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reamer

05-14-2012

these champ do the same job, just of cc and disrupting(after trying to kill a lot in lane) but blitz is clearly better at it.

Stats
Leona Vs Blitz
1996 vs 2268 hp BLITZ
955 vs 980 Mana BLITZ
73.8 vs 77.5 Armor BLITZ
51 vs 53 MR BLITZ
310 vs 300 movement LEONA

SKILLS
Shield of Daybreak VS Power Fist
7sec cdr vs 5 sec cdr
1.25 stun vs knock up(not effected by tenacity)

power fist is clearly better BLITZ

Zenith Blade vs Rocket Grab

moves you to them vs moves them to you
.5 sec immobilized vs 1 sec Stun
goes over minions vs weird aiming

rocket grab once more clearly better but harder to hit BLITZ

Eclipse vs Mana Barrier

70 armor/mr for 6sec every vs health shield for 10

this is debatable, and i wouldn't mind debating this with some one but i give it to blitzs cuz he can make his stronger leona cant BLITZ

Sunlight vs Overdrive

140 dmg vs great muti-tool

blitz get this oneBLITZ

Solar Flare vs Static Field

60 sec cd vs 30 sec cd
80% slow for 1.5 sec vs silences for .5 sec
100 range (less then a melee attack) stun vs random dmg ever 2.5 sec not on cd
200 rng vs 600 rng

this one is also debatable but i think ill give it to Leona as the slow can do alot even though blitz can though his away with the short CD. Leona kinda

Now pls tell me why you take her over blitz?

Reamer

05-14-2012

pls remove wrong spot sry

SexualHarasment

05-14-2012

Because they fulfill two completely different roles in teamfights...

Leona is built with her w to dive into the middle of a team, stun and ult the carry, not to mention add damage to the AD carry's attacks with her passive. She can initiate without worrying about where minions are.

Blitzcrank isn't really an initiate for the team, His rocket grab is almost the opposite of that because it is made to take down one person on the enemy team without having to fight the entire opposite team. This is good for sieging towers because blitz range keeps the enemy team's carry from fighting for fear of getting grabbed.

So really there is too much different about these two champions for me to definitively say one is better than the other. I play both champions with different AD carry or depending on what our team needs.

Hiatus Barren

05-14-2012

Why do people play different carries then, or the same champs over and over, according to your logic, there is always a better one. These champs have different roles though. Also, it comes down to what people prefer or who they are better with. This post is clearly ignorant of the games mechanics.

Serra ArkAngel

05-15-2012

Leona is an initiator. She dives into a cluster of fed carries stunning them and doing reasonable damage. Her zenith makes a great chasing tool as well. She has a naturally high MR so she can build Frozen Heart early and still lane easily vs AP.

Blitz is great as a carry. I play with my friend Hot Shot a lot and he will go Blitz and I'll go Leona. I really appreciate both champions and have seen them work brilliantly in sync.

But the difference is Leona helps you kill people while Blitz does the killing in my experience. Also seen him use Blitz with one of his high ELO buddies on tank Renekton and it was pretty epic.

Simplemalk

05-15-2012

Like people said Leona has a different role. That said like a lot of players believe some aspects of her kit need to be strengthened or tweaked. She's fun to play but she's fairly vulnerable early game and not much of a threat late game. Unless she can catch an enemy out of position, she will usually have one decent shut down per TF and then stand around getting ignored.

Not only that she is pretty bad in any other role besides support tank. Even as a support tank she only has the ability to protect her carry and add a bit of damage. If the carry isn't in sync with you then you'll blow your cool downs trying to initiate or save and get focused badly. Alistar, Soraka, Janna and Karma sustain better and protect just as well. Nunu and Amumu are far bigger threats late game and still have the ability to protect their carries. I'd say Leona is close to being tied with Kayle for support tier and Kayle can at least jungle and top lane if you really want.

So ya despite I don't think Blitz > Leona in every case. That doesn't change the fact she deserves to either get the buff to be a top tier support or open up her kit to allow her to fill other roles more easily.

Sephrinx

05-15-2012

Lets get a Trundle Vs Malzahar thread going.

Thessalonike

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
these champ do the same job, just of cc and disrupting(after trying to kill a lot in lane) but blitz is clearly better at it.

Stats
Leona Vs Blitz
1996 vs 2268 hp BLITZ
955 vs 980 Mana BLITZ
73.8 vs 77.5 Armor BLITZ
51 vs 53 MR BLITZ
310 vs 300 movement LEONA

SKILLS
Shield of Daybreak VS Power Fist
7sec cdr vs 5 sec cdr
1.25 stun vs knock up(not effected by tenacity)

power fist is clearly better BLITZ

Zenith Blade vs Rocket Grab

moves you to them vs moves them to you
.5 sec immobilized vs 1 sec Stun
goes over minions vs weird aiming

rocket grab once more clearly better but harder to hit BLITZ

Eclipse vs Mana Barrier

70 armor/mr for 6sec every vs health shield for 10

this is debatable, and i wouldn't mind debating this with some one but i give it to blitzs cuz he can make his stronger leona cant BLITZ

Sunlight vs Overdrive

140 dmg vs great muti-tool

blitz get this oneBLITZ

Solar Flare vs Static Field

60 sec cd vs 30 sec cd
80% slow for 1.5 sec vs silences for .5 sec
100 range (less then a melee attack) stun vs random dmg ever 2.5 sec not on cd
200 rng vs 600 rng

this one is also debatable but i think ill give it to Leona as the slow can do alot even though blitz can though his away with the short CD. Leona kinda

Now pls tell me why you take her over blitz?
Again? How many times you going to make the same thread?

Nesious

05-16-2012

I do not agree, as one who plays both a lot in the support role, they both fulfill different roles in lane and in teamfights. Lets start with laning phase. Blitzcrank lands a pull lvl 1, okay thats a kill. Leona waits in her brush lvl 1, random AD Carry comes, she Q's and her AD carry can pick up the kill. Who gets the adv. Lvl 1? Blitzcrank. Okay lets go to level 2. When their bot lane realizes that a blitzcrank is dangerous, they stay behind minions. Blitzcrank cannot land a hook and now is going to have to be content with blinding hooking the enemy brush for the support. They realize Leona is dangerous as well, but what can Leona do? E through the minions <---- This is HUGE for netting early kills. E Q lvl 2 combo is amazing if your AD Carry is someone like Graves/Ashe who can AA and use an ability the proc your passive twice. Easy kills. Leona gets it. Jump forward, level 6. Blitzcrank has his full combo, but AGAIN, he can't get a pull through minions, he has to resort to leeching exp or trying to walk up and take some hefty damage. Leona level 6, she is a tank, and has decent HP to her recently bought Heart of Gold. She combo's the enemy AD, and using her full kit along with her AD Carry net another kill or two. Leona wins. Lets go to ganks. Level 4 ganks or so. The allied ____ wants to gank for your lane, you are Blitzcrank, you flash Q and grab the enemy AD Carry, your jungler and AD carry follow up and grab a kill, results: burned flash, got kill. On Leona, without using summoners, u force an engage by bringing the fight to them, immediate W E Q combo buys enough time for your jungler to come in and get the kill. Fairly even, but Blitzcrank suffers from not having consistent opportunities for grabs. Okay then, now we go to teamfights. Both teams are grouping mid, you are Blitzcrank, as your team pushes the wave, you see an opportunity and take it, grabbing their AP Carry and netting a kill, this turns a 4v5 fight on, your team winning it eventually, on the side flip, you grab for a carry and instead grab their Jungle Amumu, he immediately ults and their teams mops the floor with you, suffering almost no losses. Leona teamfight, you are pushing their tower, but your Ryze gets caught badly, bringing him down to VERY low health, but you know he has spell vamp and AoE, so you go in anyway, you use W and E, hitting their entire team, while Q'ing the AD Carry, while they are still fighting you ult on top of their AD/AP Carries, stunning them and slowing their team. Your Ryze and team take advantage of your passive and the CC'd enemies and smack them over the head. On the flip side, you go in as Leona for no reason really. You give them a free kill, maybe, since you are a tank, you force a few summoners. Your team is forced to hold the enemy off your tower until you respawn and come back. Leona can win this.

Keep in mind different situations yield different results, and both of these characters are great in different situations. That being said, Blitzcrank is a versatile but limited champion, not being able to rely 100% on his abilities to hit the target he wants (Q cannot go through minions/players, passive on R is RANDOMIZED) But Leona is a CC tank jack of all trades in terms of versatility and adjusting to situations on the spot.

TL;DR: Both characters are good at certain things, but Leona's utility kit outmatches Blitzcrank's because of its less limited abilities.