Please nerf Trynd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWolfSage

05-14-2012

Yes, I'm aware this has been complained about before multiple, multiple times, but I'm sick and tired of going into a game and having to deal with a Tryndamere who gets fed off of my teammates and then literally can't be stopped. I just got done with a game as Varus where I went 15/5/12 and we lost because their Tryndamere - complete with Berserker's Greaves, 2x Bloodthirster, 2x PD, and an Infinity Edge - kept waltzing into our base and backdooring us with 450+ AD and an AS that made him impossible to kill; the Lifesteal was bad enough, but adding in his Ult made the few times we got together as a team to pounce him impossible to kill. He'd just flash/spin away while killing 2-3 of us at a time because of his ludicrous Lifesteal/Damage making even a few seconds of combat unbearable.

Part of this, I recognize, was because my team had horrible composition... but it's not like it was just this last game that it happens. I don't care what gets changed, but his ult needs changed; period. Even halving the duration would make him not so almost completely unkillable early game, which then leads to him being outright OP lategame. Hell, in the last few seconds of the match I was literally pounding on him with 300 Damage, 1.9 Attack Speed, and hitting him with an ability every single time I got to 3 stacks of Blight, but he just used his ultimate and wailed on our Nexus until it was dead.

I understand it's important to CC him, yes, and I understand Exhaust/Ignite/Stuns are your friends especially EG, but there is no reason a champion should require so much concentrated counter picking all on his own. The only champion even close to this ludicrous level of survivability is Mundo, and at least there's an item that's mostly effective at dealing with him.

Please either reduce the duration to something like 2/3 seconds like Kayle's Ultimate, or at least make it to reduce only 90% of the damage or something. At least with a Champion like Shaco, Morgana, Rammus, etc... you can kill them, shut them down early game. If you don't shut down Tryndamere by level six, he's virtually impossible to kill, and I can't always be the team Captain to ban him. Otherwise you can be assured he'd be my first ban, every time.

BP Jester

05-14-2012

This problem is less to do with him being OP and more to do with the fact that he is easy to abuse against unskilled players. In fact, most of the champions that people cry OP on are just good at abusing unskilled players. Hate me all you want for saying it but you can't deny the evidence. Hell, if someone picks trynd in one of my games, I see it as an insta win and a lot of people straight up dodge if somebody picks him. He is not a very good champion at all.

Keirndmo

05-14-2012

He's not a very good champ.
Olaf, Teemo, and Jax all counter him hard.
You just got noob stomped my friend.
Downvote if mundo pleases.

TheWolfSage

05-14-2012

That's my point, he's NOT a very good champion. When he isn't using his ultimate to get 5 seconds (which with Crits can be enough damage to kill an entire team's carries before they can move away) of complete invulnerability, he's almost laughably worthless. It's his ult that makes him impossible to kill. At least five of those 15 kills I got were of him, specifically because whenever the squishies were running I would target him just to force him to use his ult or run away, often getting the kill, especially if he'd already used it.

But three of my five deaths were to him, maybe four, because I could pound away on him all I wanted. I would get 3 stacks, Q him, throw down an E to slow him, he spins through it, I ult, pound on him, and he uses his ult 2 hits before I would have killed him, chases me, slows me, cuts me down when I literally cannot do anything about it besides hope that one of my teammates happens to come along and stun him BEFORE he kills my 2.4k HP with his 1k Crits.

Making a champion dedicated to trolling and pissing off players that would've cut him down several times over just seems like a godawful idea.

BP Jester

05-14-2012

He is easily CC'd and suffers the same problems that every glass cannon melee suffers. Just like Xin and Yi, he gets shut down fast the second he gets into the fight. Give yourself a month of practice and you'll come to realize how silly this thread is. All it takes is a small amount of teamwork to make him useless.

TheWolfSage

05-14-2012

I've been playing for months; I doubt another one will add onto that. From my experience he DOESN'T get shut down, that's the problem, and by the time anyone on my team besides me started to target him he was attacking twice a second to heal 300 HP per hit.

I would hardly call that a "glass cannon".

But again, even THAT wouldn't be so hard to deal with - he was fed, and a lot of champs get fed and are killable. It's the fact that my team, on the rare occasions they did get him into a corner, COULDN'T SHUT HIM DOWN because he kept running away. He had an 8 kill streak at one point even though we had put him to 1 HP five times within that 8 killing spree. At least with Kayle the Champion might not be in a prime position to deal damage, or might be too scared to stick around, or might not have such ungodly life steal, but Trynd is always in the middle of combat, and gets in 10+ free hits, free kills, and semi-free lifesteal because nobody can do any damage to him.

If you have a team full of CC, yeah, it's great. Other than that he's almost impossible to deal with. Even Mundo can be taken down with enough DPS focused on him; Trynd absolutely cannot.

Axiom Prime

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfSage View Post
That's my point, he's NOT a very good champion. When he isn't using his ultimate to get 5 seconds (which with Crits can be enough damage to kill an entire team's carries before they can move away) of complete invulnerability, he's almost laughably worthless. It's his ult that makes him impossible to kill. At least five of those 15 kills I got were of him, specifically because whenever the squishies were running I would target him just to force him to use his ult or run away, often getting the kill, especially if he'd already used it.

But three of my five deaths were to him, maybe four, because I could pound away on him all I wanted. I would get 3 stacks, Q him, throw down an E to slow him, he spins through it, I ult, pound on him, and he uses his ult 2 hits before I would have killed him, chases me, slows me, cuts me down when I literally cannot do anything about it besides hope that one of my teammates happens to come along and stun him BEFORE he kills my 2.4k HP with his 1k Crits.

Making a champion dedicated to trolling and pissing off players that would've cut him down several times over just seems like a godawful idea.

Exhaust would like to speak with you...

Also, you really cant blame Tryn, you need to blame the people you are playing with. Exhaust him and boom there went his damage, if he runs someone should be igniting him about 2-3 seconds after his ult.

Mageinta Warrior

05-14-2012

Thronmail + Randuins + Frozen Heart + Exhaust

Y U mad Tryn?

ArisatoMinat0

05-14-2012

He does get shut down, you need to switch your lane partners so that he is put up against somebody that he can literally not farm against. pretty much any ranged AD carry or someone such as malzahar. When he is jungling though that is when it gets scary. But you can ward his red and kill him there before he reaches 6. I've dealt with crazy tryns before, but that is because your team comp isn't build to counter him. You are playing draft, as soon as you see him pick tryn make sure you don't pick champs like varus with no escape and no DoT, and also no stun (his ulti is just immobilize)

I know you want to play varus, but to play him then complain that the game didn't go well is probably for this reason. Play tryn, and note how squishy he is before 6.

ArisatoMinat0

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Thronmail + Randuins + Frozen Heart + Exhaust

Y U mad Tryn?
well that works for the tanks/tanky but as he said he explained, tryn goes for the carries then bails.