Lane Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ketzrix

05-14-2012

Was just having fun and decided one Normals game, "Fiddle Mid!" Hadn't played the champ hardly at all, and never outside the jungle, and I was up against Kennen.

Smashed him easy. Everytime he wanted to dash my creeps, Just feared and drained him. If he stayed back, I passive farmed and Dark Winded him to keep him on his heels. Won lane in CS and levels.

Another game, Mid Fiddle vs. Vlad. Even Bigger closeout than the last game. We both learned that Fiddle's Drain still works when Vlad is in puddle.

Next game, I get sent top land, Fiddle vs Akali. Once you lock on drain, she can't stealth out of it. Also can't run from it in bushes either.

Olaf, Lee Sin, Tryndamere, Jax (He was a bit tougher), Fizz, Fiora, Malphite, even Cassiopeia was a surprise close out for me.

I've been testing it over and over, and Fiddlesticks is a rediculously strong lane against many of the current popular champions. And you don't even have to be good with him (I wasn't). So long as they don't have super long range and some strong hard CC, it just seems hard to stop a Fiddle.

If they build tanky, It's tough to out-damage Fiddle's constant drain. If they build Glass Cannon, it's hard for them to survive Fiddle's CC.

There are down-sides to a lane Fiddle as well.
1) He has poor escapes. He's slow and can only fear one opponent. Need to have wards or you'll die.
2) He has difficulty farming. Dark Wind is his only good farm spell, but it's weak, has long CD and is random. His Auto attack is just slow and weak. I miss so many last hits, and I MAIN AD carry usually. The Malphite I was beating to the ground just gave up fighting me and free farmed side lanes mid game and managed to pass me in level.

Still, final point; Against the right opponent Fiddle is just amazing in lane.

Eleven13

05-14-2012

Your #2 point is probably the most concerning, a player that knows what they are doing probably won't engage a fiddle playing mid and instead just focusing on out farming him. Then, they ask for a gank, going back to your #1 down side, kill that fiddle, and then things go downhill from there.

Fiddle just as a whole works way better with the element of surprise on his side.

quasistellar

05-14-2012

Fiddle can lane against just about anyone who can't interrupt his drain.

Eaglewolf

05-14-2012

Ya hes slow as hell though, and if your drain is off cooldown your done for.

Holy Malevolence

05-14-2012

You're just now finding that you shouldn't **** with Fids unless you have CC?

Swampert

05-14-2012

I played against Fiddlesticks once in mid and I'd rather not do it again, ever. E doesn't get out of drain, you can't heal reduce him during drain because of fear, you can't use mobility because of silence, it's just really annoying.

Vladdypoo

05-14-2012

Fiddle is way too hit or miss to be reliable/viable in lane... in teamfights all they have to do is have one tiny stun, knockup, silence, pushback, and your damage output is severely crippled...

I'm not saying it CAN'T work... its like katarina... if you are the last pick and you need a mid and they have no CC on their team, katarina is probably the best champion you can pick... but that's a lot of IF's... fiddle is similar

Tails66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Pros of Fiddle: One of the most destructive ults in the game, his drain is just so powerful and awesome (Also makes great sustain), can deal tons of damage, especially in a team fight thanks to his ult.

Cons: Squishy, Slow, not that good at last hitting, Focused most of the time.

TacoBellAssassin

05-14-2012

fiddle mid isnt innovative (hard counters vlad, we know he can drain during his pool)

he works in any lane where you cant disrupt his drain
/thread

Ketzrix

05-14-2012

Having played him a bunch lately, I need to point out that I think his mana sustain is unballanced. All I need is my Doran's Ring, and I feel like I have a Blue Buff. I'm not even being conservative about my spells and I'm never OOM.