Need tips for playing with Fiora

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Albicelles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Hello Everyone,
I've been playing Fiora for last two weak. I found her as a great damage dealer but very squishy as a melee fighter. As a newbie with her I'm playing as a noob and my avg score is around 8K-9D-3A. Here I'm posting some cases where I failed and need some guide about that

# In early game without wriggles lantern I die in most of the time even though I didn't engage enemy champ and only focus on CS. What should I do here and which type of champ I should choose as a lane partner?

# In lane if a tank/off-tank and a range champ play against me the tank starts turret dive targeting me while the range champ continuously hit me, even though my lane partner try to save me and I juke them I die. What should I do here?

# Since Fiora can deal a huge damage and she is very squishy each and every time she is targeted by full enemy team. Should I use her to lure enemy team since they focus me?

# In team fight I enter there last and focus the most damage dealer or most squishy or a champ with low health from enemy team and cast my ult to kill them. But after finishing my ult I found my-self surrounded by enemy team.

# I tried to build her as a tanky dps buying thornmail and warmog but it was useless. My current build is wriggles lantern> boots> black cleaver> blood thirster> last whisper. Plz suggest me a build with sequence.

Finally I should say I suck as player to play with her but I like her ability and want to learn about playing her. I'm watching game plays in youtube and trying to improve my gameplay, Plz give me some suggestion/tips/tactics.

Thanks in advance and sorry for a noobish, boring and long post with bad English.
Happy gaming all

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

#1 If you are in the duo lane bottom pretty much at level 3-4 you can jump on a champion with cds and win a trade. It shouldn't matter who your lanemate is. If you don't get a kill on your cd's back off do not chase. You have either chased them back in lane or should be able to kill them if they com into your range again. Top lane is a little tougher generally start with a cloth armour and 5 hp pots. Depends entirely on match ups. Also try her in the jungle she can do well there also.

#2 Build durable in Masteries runes and starting items. Avoid harrass till level 3 or 4 then start jumping on the dps in the lane and backing off when your cds run out.

#3 Use your ult only to save your self do not use it early in the fight.

#4 same as above

#5 Get a Phage as a 2nd third

acosn

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albicelles View Post
Hello Everyone,
# In early game without wriggles lantern I die in most of the time even though I didn't engage enemy champ and only focus on CS. What should I do here and which type of champ I should choose as a lane partner?
Fiora's preferred lane is a solo lane for the exact reason you just listed- unless she's ignored by her jungle and is paired against someone with stronger sustain (Irelia, Udyr, and so on) she has fairly strong control of her lane.

If you had to pair her with someone, you'd want them to be oriented toward effective crowd control (IE: someone like Leona or Janna who have a high cast rate of CC rather than Sona who's got a comparatively low rate) without overly compromising DPS. The only major draw back to Fiora in-lane aside from a relatively anemic survivability profile is that she's.....slow. Even with her two soft flashes and an MS steroid she can have a hard time keeping pace.

Quote:
# In lane if a tank/off-tank and a range champ play against me the tank starts turret dive targeting me while the range champ continuously hit me, even though my lane partner try to save me and I juke them I die. What should I do here?
Don't pick fiora and / or don't put her in that lane. Like most other melee AD carries Fiora's strong suit is the antithesis of a lane-tank; she's a late game bloomer when played properly while most tanks and soaks taper off past mid game.

Quote:
# Since Fiora can deal a huge damage and she is very squishy each and every time she is targeted by full enemy team. Should I use her to lure enemy team since they focus me?
No. If you gear her straight DPS- which is to say as an assassin- you absolutely don't want to initiate.

Quote:
# In team fight I enter there last and focus the most damage dealer or most squishy or a champ with low health from enemy team and cast my ult to kill them. But after finishing my ult I found my-self surrounded by enemy team.
Theoretically you've done your job. If you're picking Fiora your team should be complementing her ability to kill things with characters that can easily single out targets like Ahri, Blitzcrank and Alistar.

Quote:
# I tried to build her as a tanky dps buying thornmail and warmog but it was useless. My current build is wriggles lantern> boots> black cleaver> blood thirster> last whisper. Plz suggest me a build with sequence.
Infinity Edge is the single strongest damage amplifier in the game for any auto-attacking AD carry.

Thornmail is an extremely niche item, and warmogg's is as well. It'd make more sense to build items that complement what you're trying to do EG: Frozen Mallet and a Atma's Impaler.

You really only want Black Cleaver or Last whisperer because of how they work. Theoretically if you build a BC and a Youmuu's (actually if you wanted to play the soak doubling down and buying a Heart of Gold and a Philo Stone wouldn't be a bad idea.) you'll end up breaking even against most non-dedicated tanks in terms of negating their mitigation when compared against simply buying a last whisperer.

Quote:
Finally I should say I suck as player to play with her but I like her ability and want to learn about playing her. I'm watching game plays in youtube and trying to improve my gameplay, Plz give me some suggestion/tips/tactics.

Thanks in advance and sorry for a noobish, boring and long post with bad English.
Happy gaming all
Honestly I wouldn't spend too much time on a melee carry like Fiora. People just don't let her do what she's supposed to when you get to higher ranks.

Reprisal

Recruiter

05-14-2012

Press r, win.

Albicelles

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elani View Post
press r, win.
lol

Birdy51

05-15-2012

Fiora's ultimate isn't really a tool for initiation. Burst of Speed into Lunge does that job better. Rather, think of it as a defensive spell.

When you know for an absolute fact the enemy team is going to focus you to death, pop it. A clutch ultimate by Fiora saves her life. If you fear that you are about to get CCed by Alistar, use that ultimate to target the enemy carry. If Brand starts using Pyroclasm to burst you down? Pop that ult.

Don't think of it merely as another outlet to do damage. It wins fights for you if you use it correctly. It's a move of last resort to win that crucial fight. Time it right, you live. Time it wrong, and you're in for a wild ride.

In addition, Fiora is a lot about capitilizing on the enemies mistake. For instance, if a Jax uses his Counterstrike to initiate on you, he can't use counter strike to hard counter Burst of Speed. Riposte can save you from one auto-attack that could have killed you.

Now, I haven't used her long. But at the very least, hopefully these tips will help you out a bit.

acosn

05-15-2012

Oh, and learn which abilities W works against, and which abilities interrupt R.

NamidaTekika

05-15-2012

I find a Mandred's Bloodrazor works phenominally for fiora also because of her attack speed with burst of speed. It lets her tear down even high HP champs FAST not to mention a touch of armor on it is always handy.

Maybe try trading Cleaver for Bloodrazor see if that gives you more OOMPH?

Or trade out the Wriggles for the Bloodrazor (on't go to Wriggles and just sit on Mandred's Razors then upgrade eventually)

acosn

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamidaTekika View Post
I find a Mandred's Bloodrazor works phenominally for fiora also because of her attack speed with burst of speed. It lets her tear down even high HP champs FAST not to mention a touch of armor on it is always handy.

Maybe try trading Cleaver for Bloodrazor see if that gives you more OOMPH?

Or trade out the Wriggles for the Bloodrazor (on't go to Wriggles and just sit on Mandred's Razors then upgrade eventually)
MBR is a sub-optimal item on almost everyone sadly. For one thing, its the second most expensive item in the game behind the far more frequently purchased, typically generally just superior Trinity Force. Beyond that there's just not that many characters who run the mag pen necessary to make it good (because people gear magic resist) who also happen to be auto-attack centric.

Generally speaking it just makes more sense to run a LW and call it good for armor pen. While a black cleaver is good in duels you're just not in a position in team fights to run it up, and your ult gets split.

TiggaPlzz

05-29-2012

Fiora is one of my fav tops and I've just recently started taking my preferred riven build and kinda encorporating it in.

I usually start with cloth armor and 5 pots if playing against an ad later gettin ninja tabi if I'm against ap I'll get boots and 3 pots working towards ninja tabi

With the new mastered straight ad works well and like I've said I'm encorporating my riven so first back I grab 2x dorans for sustain, damage and to make her a little less squishy

Next I grab phage and a zeal the bonus survivability from phage alone with damage usually helps me win over top.

I finish off the tri force I always use to be a ghost blade guy with her but sheen with her q and then your double your poke hearts them a lot while leaving you at full hp as if they attack their just hurting even more.

Next is all dependent on the enemy team

Maw if they got lots of ap gives you more survivability plus mr
Black cleaver or blood thirster, I usually prefer BC just because the attack speed and armor pen work really well on her specially with your tri force.
Ghost blade isn't a bad choice either

Hope this helps a little. Cheers