Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Anivia, remember those wings you left in the freezer...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

Recruiter

11-01-2009

i saw reginaid today start with tear. if that helps. he used a farming strat. he got rod of ages after though.

AFKray

11-01-2009

Quote:
Bait:
i saw reginaid today start with tear. if that helps. he used a farming strat. he got rod of ages after though.

Yeah the tear/catalyst are pretty much interchangeable really. If you don't have much pressure coming your way, an early tear can be really helpful to get a hefty mana pool early on. However, I like rushing a catalyst to a Rod of Ages early, to maximize the amount of time to boost its stats. Getting the max charges of the Tear's mana bonus is quite easy as you can constantly charge it when you are waiting to heal. The rod on the other hand, is soley based on time. Personally, I also enjoy the extra HP. I'm just too fragile going tear first.

Reep

11-01-2009

Remember, one can spam their skills while sitting in the well to utilize tear. Casting your ult procs it of course, and de-activating the ult three seconds after you cast it (due to Tear's CD) will actually proc tear again.

Scadi

11-01-2009

I usually get a lot of mana regen items for Anivia, but looking at your guide I think that is not really necessary. (I tried your item build and get like 3500 mana capacity)

I'm trying to compile some good guides and put them together at completelol.com. Hope you don't mind me using your Anivia guide.

http://completelol.com/wiki/Anivia_Guide_2

If you want to change anything / update the guide on the website please feel free to do so.

AFKray

11-03-2009

Quote:
Scadi:
I usually get a lot of mana regen items for Anivia, but looking at your guide I think that is not really necessary. (I tried your item build and get like 3500 mana capacity)

I'm trying to compile some good guides and put them together at completelol.com. Hope you don't mind me using your Anivia guide.

http://completelol.com/wiki/Anivia_Guide_2

If you want to change anything / update the guide on the website please feel free to do so.

heh thanks. Yeah mana is a huge issue, but it's something you kind of just have to deal with until later on, or if your team will allow it, you control the blue runes. Mana regen items for the most part don't provide the AP+ overall mana needed by Anivia. Just because you can regen fast, if you can't support a full out team fight where you will have to cast Flash Frost + all your other skills multiple times on top of allowing say a more than 4 second Glacial then you aren't doing your job. Thanks, and I'll be sure to update it on that site as well.

Burninator

Recruiter

11-05-2009

Quote:
Crazy Demon:
Hey, just giving you a headsup- flash frost and frost bite do NOT have a 1:1 ap ratio. Anivia would even more rigged than Sion if they did.

Oh yes they do!

IIRC, they have a .5 AP ratio (Q and E) but both of them have means to double proc (double hits with Q and cold proc with E), giving them effectively a 1:1 AP ratio if used properly.

IgnisPhase1

11-05-2009

Curse you! I really want to post my guide too! But I want to pass my classes more...

EVENTUALLY!

Nice work btw!

AFKray

11-06-2009

bump for pro-catalyst powaaaaa!

FuzzeWuzze

Recruiter

11-09-2009

So i started playing Anivia with this guide and i find her to be damn fun..dropping a ice wall across an exit point someones using to flee is amazingly fun.

My question comes down to being able to hit someone with frostbite after throwing a flash frost. Because flash frost has such a huge range, and people usually stand on the outside of the casting area i find it difficult to hit someone with it and then get in and get my flash frost off before they are out of range.

Particularly against people like Ashe...you throw in the bolt, run in hit q to stun her and try to cast flash frost but usually they get away and i get stung by a volley or something...

AFKray

11-10-2009

Quote:
FuzzeWuzze:
So i started playing Anivia with this guide and i find her to be damn fun..dropping a ice wall across an exit point someones using to flee is amazingly fun.

My question comes down to being able to hit someone with frostbite after throwing a flash frost. Because flash frost has such a huge range, and people usually stand on the outside of the casting area i find it difficult to hit someone with it and then get in and get my flash frost off before they are out of range.

Particularly against people like Ashe...you throw in the bolt, run in hit q to stun her and try to cast flash frost but usually they get away and i get stung by a volley or something...

This problem is the thing i see most often with the "newer" Anivia players. The key here is to run towards your enemy as your flash frost is flying. You essentially are running with it, and timing the stun as you move. If you are stunning, THEN moving, you won't catch anyone. Next, after level 6 you shouldn't be engaging with a flash frost first. Especially not against ranged characters, it's too easy to dodge. Creep up to the line behind your creeps, bait the volley, then glacial --> wall--> Frost bite THEN as they are RUNNING (if they stay and fight, it's usually a kill) throw a flash frost while pursuing. Anivia requires a lot of commands in rapid sucession. You should ideally be doing 2-3 commands at a time. This would come in the form of a Q + moveclick + Q again. I usually am able to get my frost bite to hit right after the .75 second stun wears off. Remember, you get 3 seconds of "chill" time after tagging them with a glacial.