Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Anivia, remember those wings you left in the freezer...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mortenya

10-28-2009

does anyone ever start with doran's ring on anivia? say, if you want the extra health at start.

then go:
doran's ring
tear
catalyst
so on...

Foreshadowed

10-28-2009

Quote:
Mortenya:
does anyone ever start with doran's ring on anivia? say, if you want the extra health at start.

then go:
doran's ring
tear
catalyst
so on...

No need for health at the start of the game, its unlikely you'll die if you have your egg up

Mortenya

10-29-2009

Quote:
Foreshadowed:
its unlikely you'll die if you have your egg up

This is true, I just feel better with the more health and mana regen. I'll go with sapphire crystal at start next time I play.

does anyone know what the cooldown on rebirth is? ~5 min like GA?

AFKray

10-29-2009

I actually was going to add in a tear section to this. I had just played some games exclusively going with that early and had some good success. So I will be adding in that as well. Keep the suggestions coming as they are all helping!

Love the point about Ghosting through walls, good to know. Which leads me to guess, you can Ghost through your own walls correct? If so, I just found a new point in my strategy section!

AFKray

10-29-2009

Quote:
Obsession:
Man, you gotta cover the Tear>Archangels build, and the Catalyst>Rod builds. Having 2,5k health and 3,5k mana when is the way forward, as you said, support not carry, so soul stealer is pointless, you're stealing kills from your carry. Being tanky, and creating chaos is the bird's forte.

I usually go mana regen/2 health pots into lane, 980>bp back>tear, 920>bp back>sorc boots, by then laning is usually over, time to gank, catalyst>rod, catalyst>rod. Rod Of Ages is fantastic, alot of health, mana and AP, and every minute just adds more.

Being able to stay alive is key, flash frost is amazing for team fights, can usually hit 2/3 heros with the first instance of dmg and the second+stun. Wall behind them, throw the ult up and your team will finish up. Spamming bite into the mess will accelerate the job.

What I was really getting to was that due to your natural bursting abilities, you have a tendency to be last hitting. This is why I stress the soul stealer. I simply love the item and have had great success. However, I do plan on adding the Rod of Ages build simply because it is too beastly an item to not. Not done completely with the guide yet but thanks for the suggestion.

Mortenya

10-29-2009

i'm still on newbie island, but i've had good luck with this build:

Doran's Ring + health or mana pot
Tear of the Goddess
Sorcerer Shoes
Catalyst (if i've had a slow early game make this into Rod of Ages right away)
Guardian Angel or 2nd Rod of Ages
Archangel Staff

I rarely have made it to the 2nd rod of ages or Archangel Staff but I normally can stay in the lane long enough to get a kill or 3 before i port back to buy tear/shoes. but the next time I play her i'm going to skip the Ring and go for sapphire crystal + mana pot at the beginning to let me get more flash frost + frostbites off.

Evernight

10-29-2009

To note that the Tear effect doesn't stop when you get AA Staff and continues with the same count and max.

Good build - its the same I use... I do rush Tear first though due to its long build up.

AFKray

10-29-2009

bump for enthusiasts of the Frozen Dinner!

Crazy Demon

10-30-2009

Hey, just giving you a headsup- flash frost and frost bite do NOT have a 1:1 ap ratio. Anivia would even more rigged than Sion if they did.

AFKray

11-01-2009

Quote:
Crazy Demon:
Hey, just giving you a headsup- flash frost and frost bite do NOT have a 1:1 ap ratio. Anivia would even more rigged than Sion if they did.

yeah I know, but that was merely a copy/paste from the LoL info site. It's not a 1.0 ratio, buts it's pretty hefty regardless!