Varus runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mps11235

05-13-2012

I am looking to change things up from 9 pen reds, 3 pen quits, 9 flat armor yellows, 9 resist/level blues

I was wondering how viable AD runes (reds/quits) are compared to the pene. I would imagine pene helps with champion damage with the exponential (i suppose logistical...) nature of damage reduction from armor, however the AD would help with farming and scaling abilities.

also, I see many attack speed yellows, and was considering that as an option over armor, as i figure carries shouldnt really be taking too much damage, and if they do, they SHOULD be able to be healed or life steal it back.

Similar story with the resist/level blues. i figure i shouldnt be taking too much damage and therefore can afford to swap these with more aggressive runes

I am new to AD carries, but Veras seemed to be a good idea, and I feel I do well as him, and was looking for any further edge to be a knowledgeable player, rather than just a lucky kid who blind bought a champ that works for him.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

i run flat ad marks and quints with armor seals and mr per level glyphs. the glyphs im not really sure y. just what everyone recommends. i do flat ad to try and gain early advantage in lane. you hit the enemy in lane harder earlier and makes it easier to last hit but falls off late game. so you have to take advantage of your early game. also armor yellows for the simple fact u will normally b up against another ad carry and the bonus armor will help reduce te damage taken

Arollo

05-13-2012

I use flat AD quints and reds and I really like them on Varus. It makes his early game harass very good with a dorans blade and last hitting is incredibly easy. Even if you start boots and pots it makes it so you can evenly trade with the other carry who went dorans instead. Obviously the extra AD falls off mid-late game but by then you should be fairly build and if needed grab a LW.

Mps11235

05-13-2012

is there an argument that for killing it's easier to have pene due to the nature of damage per armor lost?

Another point is that unless someone builds brutalizer and commits to flat armor penetration early, flat AD is better, right?

any further insight on AD reds? would a mix be better, or is going straight AD or pene better? I only have 7 AD reds, and pen everything else.

anything on blues/yellows?

Madraac

05-14-2012

Blues.... stick with the MR... it is the best of what is available for an AD champ. Yellow is up to you and what you need, plus dependent on how many rune pages you actually run. I use armor or health pending on AD champ, and for Varus, I go with the health so I can take 1 extra hit or so during the early levels, when sometimes you get people trying to trade off with you. (This is more because I have 4 pages only, and 2 are for AD and the other are for AP.)

In terms of red, AD is great early, but the ArPen is better overall. I have also run AS reds on him when I forgot to switch out runes, and in some regards like this better. The reason is that in many blind pick games you see so many teams all run glass cannon builds, so armor is nearly non existent and that 10% + AS lets you shred that much faster. Throw on a Black Cleaver versus LW and you destroy them. (Black Cleaver is by far better when the team is not building any armor IMO, however LW is by far superior when they have players that actually game.)

Odhinn

05-17-2012

I would suggest AD marks, gold per 5 or AS seals, MR glyphs (as Madraac said their isnt really much else for an AD carry. You could take CDR I suppose but varus doesnt really need it) and either AD or move speed quints. Varus is uber slow so having move speed quints and the swiftness mastery makes up for his only big weakness. But AD quints are better cause your gonna end up getting a PD or two which will make you fast anyway. Also Varus seems like a good candidate for Trinity Force over PD IMO. This will make him less squishy early game and make him **** scary once the triforce is finished. Get a vamp scepter and your IE and its GG.

Skyliner

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
I would suggest AD marks, gold per 5 or AS seals, MR glyphs (as Madraac said their isnt really much else for an AD carry. You could take CDR I suppose but varus doesnt really need it) and either AD or move speed quints. Varus is uber slow so having move speed quints and the swiftness mastery makes up for his only big weakness. But AD quints are better cause your gonna end up getting a PD or two which will make you fast anyway. Also Varus seems like a good candidate for Trinity Force over PD IMO. This will make him less squishy early game and make him **** scary once the triforce is finished. Get a vamp scepter and your IE and its GG.
This is like the worst advice i've ever seen.

Mps11235

05-17-2012

yeah, he is a total moron. the build for him is brainless - first b back should be bf and maybe finish boots. look to build vamp, then get zeal, IE, PD

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

to respond ti the remark about back cleaner i believe i remember someone doing the math on it and bc is better if they have less than 120 armor. but i do like extra move speed although i don't feel like varus is slow. but i do rush pd ib hint cuz he does have any natural escape

1 800 Hit Dat B

05-19-2012

6 ARM pen runes
3 ad runes
Ad Quints
Armor seals
Flat Mr Glyphs