Mia Calls?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AU Freo

05-16-2012

Personally I don't like to call MIA's. It takes time and is a little unnecessary. I prefer if people jsut look at the map and pay more attention. And half the time it's just someone who recalled and is coming back to their lane afterwards, so it can be more of a distraction rather than helpful. I mean, it's not hard ot glance at the map. I probably spend more time looking at that rather than the actual screen. I just hate when people are like "Duuuurrr its all your fault why you not call MIA blablabla" Look at the map instead.

Pizza on a Bun

05-16-2012

I play solo/duo queue to prevent this problem... Most people are very "chillax" on the situation.

Blaine Tog

05-16-2012

A team that calls MIAs is going to be way better than a team that doesn't call MIAs.

I mean, you should be careful about pushing anyway since their jungler is perma-MIA, but you also can't be expected to watch the other two lanes as carefully as the other players do.

If people aren't calling MIAs and you die, don't get angry, just say something like, "Would you please try to remember to call MIAs?" Raging at them doesn't help, and it's possible they just forgot that MIA calls were a thing they're supposed to do.

anding

05-16-2012

people should b warding as many bushes at top, top river, mid, bot river, and bot as possible. that's not an option. its something u have to do. a large part of having map awareness is having wards.
also, if u see the enemy (for no reason) run into the jungle, PING. if u cant spare the time to type, ping to warn cuz everyone can b aware of now many champs are in a lane but cannot b always aware of where the missing champ went.
what im trying to get at is that calling mia isnt a necessary requirement if ur lane is pushed hard or ur pushing hard, but warding and pinging is definitely required cuz that's what really saves ur teammates

RuisuStyle

05-16-2012

Call MIA's "WARD" and Ping. "Wards are not only for the support" 75g is not much everyone should ward it will improve their game.

Queen Sejuani

05-16-2012

No.

Learn to have map awareness. Play smartly. If your team is fighting at dragon and you are top seeing the enemy Top opponent down there, then push your lane, punish him for going down there. (If, for some reason, you aren't fighting with your team at dragon.)

And it doesn't really matter anyways. Unless you push like a moron, you shouldn't die to random ganks anyways.

Besides, buy some wards, it'll make your laning easier. Everybody on your team should do so. Saying something like HURR SUPPORT Y U NO WARD is retarded

SummonYerMaw

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Robster View Post
You would think if they can look at the chat they would be able to look at the map.

Actual conversation in game:

Teammate: You should be calling mia.
Me: You should be checking the map.
Teammate: I can't when I'm fighting the other team.
Me: So you're able to read the chat but you can't glance at the map?
Teammate: Yes.

This made me facepalm.
This is exactly what I do. If there are wards in place and clear vision, I don't call mia. People should learn to look at minimap every couple of seconds, especially when pushing.

If you think about it, you're doing them a dis-service by calling mia when looking at the minimap would give them the same information. They will learn faster by their mistakes.