Mia Calls?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atacand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

You know what would be cool? a ping to indicate MIAs because... you know... some people are just to darned lazy to type it.

With this you'd have no more excuses not to call your MIAs

Neoman321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Well people still pull that BS about only the jungle/support warding too. "I'm an AD carry, I can't spare 150g for 2 wards because that's the support's job". Get over yourselves. If you want to win your games, everyone can spare gold for wards to keep your lanes and jungle safe.
I was the AD carry one game i decided to buy a ward for baron cause no one else was. With that ward we caught them at Baron stole it, aced them, and pushed for the win. And we were behind. Felt like a boss.

MCMCMAN2

05-14-2012

Call mias
Type whose going missing
Call where the jungler is probobly.
If someone goes out of view of a ward, ping the direction they are going.
Always say which lanes are in danger.

DNeon

05-14-2012

Chat makes a sound, a person moving on the minimap doesn't. Plus If I'm trying to increase my FoV by decreasing the size of my HUD it can make it difficult to constantly identify missing people.

Pings and MIAs make a noise. It's as simple as that.

Sky Captain

05-14-2012

MOAR WARDS!!!!! EVERYONE BUYS WARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Seriously, go and watch almost any high elo stream, you will see everyone buy at least one ward. It's the safe bet when you know you don't want to give any advantage to the enemy.

Dirtydogkbc

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Calling mias is a courtesy, but someone not calling mia is not an excuse for you to die in mid because you were pushing like Nunu bot. If you don't look at the lower right for the minimap, what makes you think you'll look at the lower left for the chat?

- Mageinta Warrior
Respect to that, Sir!

The problem I get a lot when im mid faced with a bunch of minions is despite my mia call, there mid successfully ganked. Soon as they realise I DID call mia and they just didn't react they either:

- Claim it was to late
- Tell you its your fault for not following the gank up with your own.

I do agree with you though, Mageinta Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySanctum View Post
MOAR WARDS!!!!! EVERYONE BUYS WARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Seriously, go and watch almost any high elo stream, you will see everyone buy at least one ward. It's the safe bet when you know you don't want to give any advantage to the enemy.
Iv also seen plenty of people not react to there own wards until its to late. When a mans gotta shoot ****, a mans gonna end up blind.. Or something.. Not really a philosopher but still.. :P

Dirtydogkbc.

GoodJibbCutter

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Robster View Post
You would think if they can look at the chat they would be able to look at the map.

Actual conversation in game:

Teammate: You should be calling mia.
Me: You should be checking the map.
Teammate: I can't when I'm fighting the other team.
Me: So you're able to read the chat but you can't glance at the map?
Teammate: Yes.

This made me facepalm.
This ^

Nostálgia

05-15-2012

I definitely think that calling mia's are important but I don't think that you should be so dependent on them, I mean if your paying attention to chat, you should also be paying attention to the minimap.

WildFireqwer

05-15-2012

Mia calling was originally an amazing idea and perfect for teams outside of a voice chat. (Soloque) But, more often than not it's just used as a blame game for whichever lane didn't call it. Honestly, if your top is pushed to their tower with no wards and gets ganked by mid. He obviously wasn't watching the mini-map. So, what make you think he would see the chat?

I do agree that lanes should call their mia but try accompanying it with a ping. Because more often than not, lanes don't notice your calls and honestly many people just call it so they wont be yelled at.

In conclusion. Do call your mia to help your allied lanes but if you get killed because another lane didn't call mia. It's your fault also for not having map awareness.

Beldin Sorcerer

05-16-2012

Guys... Counterpart recalls low on health.He's likely going home to heal. Counterpart books down the river, not so much.

Unless you're staring at the minimap, one looks like the other once the opponent is out of sight
MIA's make it clear he might be coming. Silence implies a health boost and the guy is likely coming back