Baron now spawns in mid, 2 dragons -

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DownsideUp

05-16-2012

How does this change the way the game is played?

-Edit-
I am not suggesting that this happen, likely a horrible idea. I'm curious from a design/strategy standpoint what this would do to the game.

Queen Sejuani

05-16-2012

It would break the game at the fifteenth minute mark because minions would start battling Baron and wouldn't ever push. That and Baron would eventually kill both you and your opponent in mid.

DownsideUp

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideeFalco View Post
It would break the game at the fifteenth minute mark because minions would start battling Baron and wouldn't ever push. That and Baron would eventually kill both you and your opponent in mid.
Why would minions battle Baron? Seems like something fairly easy to program against. As for Baron killing people, he doesn't just wantonly attack, your team has to be hitting him for that to happen.

It would certainly have an effect on AOE champs that are common in mid, though. Splitting the path to prevent AOE damage aggroing him would be problematic too. I guess there isn't a simple way to make the map perfectly symmetrical without causing problems.

It would make dragon less significant overall. It'd also discourage early team fights and possibly give a winning team too much of a chance to snowball by killing both dragons.

Queen Sejuani

05-16-2012

It was a joke post.

I was implying Baron would be in the middle of the lane in mid, where minions would normally battle each other, at the 15th minute mark