Which Top lane characters are best for the 1400-1500 elo range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forbesy

05-13-2012

The title. I am just wondering this because I want to start playing more solo top along with my main position of AD carry. I play a lot of riven, vlad and wukong top and am wondering if these would be good picks if I want to carry my team and win games. I rarely lose lane with these champions.

Eschatonic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Play riven, farm, then get a triple in the 1st team fight = win

Amatzikahni

05-13-2012

Riven and Wu are both tanky DPS champs that work very well 1v1 as well as bringing good CC in teamfights. Vlad is a beast in lane, but he requires good coordination in teamfights so that people maximize his ult, so you're going for a sustain and poke game if you play him.

Off topic time! Shen is a good pick since you can save teammates from across the map and turn fights around, and if you're gambling that your AD is competent, Yorick can't really lose his lane and turns fights into 6v5's.

I personally love Trynd when I can get him, but other than that, Shen, Swain, Kennen, and Warwick are my preferred solo tops in that order; I really can't lose my lane, and they all provide both 1v1 and teamfight utility.

Etherimp

05-13-2012

Garen.

Desert Sandstorm

05-14-2012

Strong tops at that elo are Olaf, Riven, Kennen, Lee Sin, and Warwick. Of course there are no doubt others, but those are a few which shine consistently. Counter picking is a huge factor though.

Forbesy: Wu is not a DPS champ...not even close. If you play him that way, expect to die...a lot. In lane: burst, escape, burst, ult ---> enjoy kill. In team fight: burst, ult (or flash ult), escape, burst and cleanup --> collect assists and a kill or two.

Orangez3

02-21-2014

I love pantheon, he can be both ranged with his Q and attack in combat. His W, E, Q combo is just deadly and deals TONS of damage. His shield that comes every 4 attacks allows you to hit enemy champions around the turret without taking damage. Love this champion.

a1sock

02-21-2014

.... You could always play morde and chuckle when they build armor against you... Also he poops on current fotm tops(if they do not know the matchup) like mundo, shyv, renekton, nasus, cho, darius, kha zix, shen, singed, etc. He can splitpush, 2 shot carries and make it 6vs4(plus underfarmed top), and he counterganks so well, make them fear the bush.

Sergeant Crayon

02-21-2014

Renekton.