Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

HELP ME!! I need to get out of elo hell!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pouring Reign

05-12-2012

Hey, I've been stuck in elo hell for quite some time now... and seeing as I don't have anyone to duo with, I seem to keep getting stuck with some extremely terrible trolls and the further down I go the worse it is.

I need someone to help me crawl my way out.

So, if anyone wants to duo with me, add me Ready set LEggO

hoodlom

05-12-2012

ELO hell is a mindset/excuse for people to stay low ELO. If you get better, your elo will raise... True story.

Pouring Reign

05-12-2012

You've obviously never been there then, because I can go 20-0 in a game, and still lose because of my teammates.

Interstellar

05-12-2012

Good things kills do not equal wins. This isn't team deathmatch.

vaius

05-12-2012

Quote:
Ready set LEggO:
You've obviously never been there then, because I can go 20-0 in a game, and still lose because of my teammates.

Hello! Please understand that it is infact true. Though, nobody is detracting from how difficult it is to win games in the 1300-1600 range. One of my accounts started out at 900~ ish elo and it's now just above 1300 and climbing.

This is my own recipe for success and I'm still struggling because it's hard to critique oneself and maintain positivity:

1. Good diet, whatever that may be for you.
2. Exercise.
3. Activities that are -not- league but might help improve your focus and thought processes. [Extracurricular school groups or activities, online courses, reading the right books, etc.]
4. Be HONEST. In the games you go 20-0, you're obviously making mistakes somewhere. Be that solo farming bot or pushing a lane on your own or not being a team cheerleader or WHATEVER.
5. Accept that sometimes there are just games you CANNOT win and move on.
[Moving on is one of the most important things I've recently discovered.]
lolpro.com has some really good guides under gameplay guides. Some great information too.

Expanding your game knowledge about creep waves, number of creeps per wave, types of creeps, respawn timers on everything in the jungle, how much the creeps increase defensively per wave, how much they're worth per wave, how fast they move, how long it takes for them from spawn point to reach first tier second tier third tier towers etc.

Best to you.

hoodlom

05-12-2012

Quote:
Ready set LEggO:

Actually, I know exactly what it's like. I frequently play on my friends' accounts(800-1400 rating) and probably have about a 75% winrate(3 wins per 1 loss) while smurfing. It's true that you cant win every game, but ELO hell is indeed a myth. You will get feeders, trolls, griefers, and DCers in all ELOs, trust me.

LordOfThePandas

Recruiter

05-12-2012

Quote:
You will get feeders, trolls, griefers, and DCers in all ELOs, trust me.

Well that's reasuring.