Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi. I’m Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exman33

10-19-2012

riot stopped caring

Vishnu DOW

10-19-2012

well done
fun read that makes good points +1

Worst Sejuani

10-19-2012

Sejuani is really fun to play, but her kit is just lacking. If she could jungle faster/be more sustained it'd be fine, but at the moment unless you start cloth 5 you nearly die after your first clear (and if you don't you leave little in the way of ganking)

If her w procced her passive and her q got a range increase or some form of cc off the back landing into an enemy champion (short range knockback or a stun) she wouldn't fall behind as easily and would have stronger pre6 ganks

W proccing her passive would allow you to max e first for burst clearing wraiths/wolves allowing you to keep up with other junglers.

Alternatively, activating her w could give her a small armour/mr effect similar to Morde's shield, allowing you to max this first for safer jungling

She's in an awkward position where she's almost designed to be a tank/disruptor, yet only has one form of hard cc, and 0 means of damage mitigation. Compare this with, for example, Leona, who has 2 hard cc and a small snare, but with similar mechanics (Leona is like an all in champion, if you engage, you're not expecting to live as she has very little in the way of escapes, however her w gives her a fantastic 70 armour/MR for free)

In this way she's sort of like a dampened version of Amumu and where she's a slower and less sustained jungler than amumu, with worse AP scalings, the only downside of amumu is the lack of damage mitigation (where he still has more than Sej)

With some changes to her, specifically either adding harder cc on her q, or allowing her easier jungling with damage mitigation/faster burst clearing she could get put up into a pickable position, as opposed to the NU state she is in atm

Saying that though, I think she's a good idea of a champ, just needs some tweaking to become playable

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-19-2012

still chilling out waiting.

Thessalonike

10-19-2012

Quote:
Dunal:
I now blame this thread for the massive delay in changes for her.

She doesn't need to be "sent back to the drawing board".

She just needs minor QoL and early game tweaks. Too bad everyone needed to over-exaggerate. Riots is now probably going to give her a 'remake' when she really doesn't need one. Hopefully it doesn't go much further than Garen or Cho's QoL updates. But it's taking a bit too long...

I've won my last 10 ranked games with her. And the more I play her, the less I feel she needs to be "reworked". Just buff up her early game a bit and call it a day Riot, please.

No she doesn't need sent back to the drawing board.

If you actually read the thread Riot has said the changes would mostly be nuances and they feel she could use some feel adjustments and that her new best case shouldnt be better than her current best case.

If you read some more Riot also said that they to waited to buff her because of the new jungle. So its not this thread.

If you are Europe West Final its nice to see another player that actually players her post I have won 7 of my last 10 but lost to many placement matches (don't wanna talk about it)

So with what Riot said in this thread don't worry yet. I actually think her early is fine and her late is bad but.... that may be our region playing a part too. With a new jungle look for base stat buffs to help your early game. I am hoping for collision stop removal on Q to buff her whole game.

Dunal

10-19-2012

Quote:
Raviance:

So with what Riot said in this thread don't worry yet. I actually think her early is fine and her late is bad but.... that may be our region playing a part too. With a new jungle look for base stat buffs to help your early game. I am hoping for collision stop removal on Q to buff her whole game.

Really!? Interesting...

I've always thought her early game is weak because:

1. Ult too long of a cooldown. Pre-6 it's really hard to make plays too without it.
2. Q has too long a cooldown (19...).
3. W is stuck with 1% health scaling so it's rather weak. Without CDR it isn't up enough either.
4. Slow on E is a bit too weak before you rank it up. Too long a cooldown to use twice when pursuing.
5. Easily counter-jungled.
6. Squishy because you haven't got items yet.
7. Mana can be an issue before Glacial Shroud.

She's strong late game because:

1. Ult becomes ~55 second cooldown with CDR. Quite short.
2. Q has a 6.5 second cooldown. No-one can escape or chase you for as long as you live. Wall jump all day.
3. Actually tanky enough due to itemisation, unlike early game.
4. W is up 100% of the time and scales amazingly with health. Ticking for 180 base damage is really good. Someone on your team has Abyssal too.
5. E is a very strong slow. Low cooldown too so you can chain it.
6. Lots of other utility with Shurelya's + Frozen Heart which she doesn't scarifice anything for purchasing (like damage for example).
7. Your AoE effects and output are put to use since fights are much bigger scale.

Just the way I see it.

Thessalonike

10-19-2012

Quote:
Dunal:
Really!? Interesting...

I've always thought her early game is weak because:

1. Ult too long of a cooldown. Pre-6 it's really hard to make plays too without it.
2. Q has too long a cooldown (19...).
3. W is stuck with 1% health scaling so it's rather weak. Without CDR it isn't up enough either.
4. Slow on E is a bit too weak before you rank it up. Too long a cooldown to use twice when pursuing.
5. Easily counter-jungled.
6. Squishy because you haven't got items yet.
7. Mana can be an issue before Glacial Shroud.

She's strong late game because:

1. Ult becomes ~55 second cooldown with CDR. Quite short.
2. Q has a 6.5 second cooldown. No-one can escape or chase you for as long as you live. Wall jump all day.
3. Actually tanky enough due to itemisation, unlike early game.
4. W is up 100% of the time and scales amazingly with health. Ticking for 180 base damage is really good. Someone on your team has Abyssal too.
5. E is a very strong slow. Low cooldown too so you can chain it.
6. Lots of other utility with Shurelya's + Frozen Heart which she doesn't scarifice anything for purchasing (like damage for example).
7. Your AoE effects and output are put to use since fights are much bigger scale.

Just the way I see it.

Oh that's cool... its finally nice to talk to someone that actually has played her...even if I believe you have a friends advantage. :P

Early.
1. I don't think her early plays are that hard. She has the ms to catch a majority of champions and a dash to catch flashes.
2. Q does have a long CD but its up enough to be up at each lane appearance.
3. W isn't just 1% that's not fair.
4. E... if you are not ranking it your Q and W statements are slightly off early. I do rank it first for the burst and additional slow.
5. If everyone knows Sej is going to get counter jungled then they know where the enemy is. I switch up my path and start red at times or if the enemy jungle is in my jungle...well I can use a timer too. If they are at my wraiths guess where I am. I don't duel so its an obvious play.
6. Squishy and that's why you don't lead with Q.
7. Yea she is a bit mana hungry.

Late.
1. You use a lot of items and even other team members items in your late game assessment and this gets back to you having friends to play with.

In a true solo queue her collision stops make it hard to make a play that will help swing the battle. Even if Q was Perma up she could not pass through an enemy champ.. even at 315ms its not quite enough to gain position to place R optimally on a priority target.

viledemon19

10-19-2012

sej is good but she is far too item depend honestly. I mean I think sej just needs a boost to her MR/ armor per lvl and a slight shave off that ult cd lvl1 then she should be fine

Stayer

10-19-2012

I doubt anyone would mind a remake on sej. Nothing about her is unique or interesting, even if someone does like playing her. A charge that stops on the first unit, a timed aoe (but it's based on hp1!!), a damage move (could be called unique, but the gimmick is so weak and just there to be a champion gimmick that it's going too far), her ult is fairly simple (good move, but nothing special), her passive is a tiny slow that sort've plays into her other moves in a forced way.

Her most interesting trait is her charge breaks anivia wall. Change everything if you have to.

Dunal

10-19-2012

Quote:
Raviance:
Oh that's cool... its finally nice to talk to someone that actually has played her...even if I believe you have a friends advantage. :P

Early.
1. I don't think her early plays are that hard. She has the ms to catch a majority of champions and a dash to catch flashes.
2. Q does have a long CD but its up enough to be up at each lane appearance.
3. W isn't just 1% that's not fair.
4. E... if you are not ranking it your Q and W statements are slightly off early. I do rank it first for the burst and additional slow.
5. If everyone knows Sej is going to get counter jungled then they know where the enemy is. I switch up my path and start red at times or if the enemy jungle is in my jungle...well I can use a timer too. If they are at my wraiths guess where I am. I don't duel so its an obvious play.
6. Squishy and that's why you don't lead with Q.
7. Yea she is a bit mana hungry.

Late.
1. You use a lot of items and even other team members items in your late game assessment and this gets back to you having friends to play with.

In a true solo queue her collision stops make it hard to make a play that will help swing the battle. Even if Q was Perma up she could not pass through an enemy champ.. even at 315ms its not quite enough to gain position to place R optimally on a priority target.

I don't think your meaning of early/late game is the same is mine.

Early game is level 1-8. Sejuani has no CDR. But it only takes a Glacial Shroud and a Kindlegem to drastically improve her combo and capabilities. And it doesn't take too long to receive those -- but before you do, Sej has a hard time.

Being squishy also limits your plays. You can't take risks and thus follow with Q as you say. Your W is more than the scaling obviously, but it's just a reason why it's as weak as it is. E's initial slow is weak. Even at level 5 it's 50% at best -- and that's really all she has at that point. When you gank at level 3 or 4, it's even weaker.

Late game you can use your Ult + Shurelya's + E to bypass the front lanes effectively. She doesn't have much problem in that regard. Q is simply icing on the cake for when you can use it to chase after you've used your combo.