Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahroo View Post
I saw someone playing Sejuani solo-top in the ranked this morning laning against a Jax. Totally rocking the Jax's world. Happy to see someone confirm what I always believed.. she makes a better AP bruiser than tank. Find the AD carry and keep Bristle crawling over them.
I've seen a Leona solo-top a Kennen and rocked Kennen's world in ranked. I have also seen AD Morgana solo-top in 2k ranked rock.

HippiekillerVX9

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanderingBeaver View Post
I would agree, she does not need a rework, her kit is fun! However, there is need of some QoL changes and a few buffs here and there. I've mentioned it before but. . .

- Tenacity! Oh please do something about tenacity. Having frost being lowered by tenacity is fine... the problem is it waterfalls to her entire kit. 35% Tenacity? I now have just shy of 2 seconds (instead of 3) for northernwinds to deal its bonus damage, and just shy of 2 seconds to activate permafrost. (Hurts her teamfighting damage potential bigtime)

- No defensive stim? Fine, make her base HP pool a bit larger (((Base: 450 1980 level 1-18) I like to compare it to Nautilus who has similar base hp (base: 432 1980) but he has his shield as a nice extra cushion. ))

- She is meant to stick to someone, make that a little easier for her (she is on a mount after all) add another 5 or 10 to her base move speed

- Visual feedback needs to be more clear (Who is marked with frost, who got hit with permafrost) bigger VFX on frost and a more definitive animation for when permafrost hits a target.

- Her cooldowns feel awfully long for someone who has to balance the mana resource. (make them shorter? Make people manage their mana consumption more than having to fall victim to: "I have tons of Mana all the time! but nothing to use it on"

- Her Jungle is ok, could be a hair better (maybe a little buff to her base attack speed?)
Everyone of these as a small change would be perfect. Would make her a strong champ without being too OP.

Coom

10-18-2012

Where the hell is my Karma remake?

OxBaker

10-18-2012

How come Volibear can't get 200+ pages of support for fixes. Sigh...

Bullettime7

10-18-2012

The main thing Sejuani needs is just an increase to base stats and an increase to her Northern Winds rank 1 damage.

The reasoning for this would be that Sej is too weak and too easily counterjungled early game. While typically this is an acceptable tradeoff for other junglers (Mundo, Amumu, Skarner,) it isn't for Sejuani. The other junglers that can be easily invaded or counterjungled like her have the bonus of an awesome mid late game, requiring them to have a weaker early game to compensate,

Sejuani on the other hand is pretty mediocre mid and late game, being a walking ultimate.

If the rankings on other invasion susceptible junglers looked like this:

Amumu
Early: *
Mid: **
Late: ***

Mundo
Mid: ***
Late: **

Skarner

Sejuani is more like a

Bringing her early game up makes a more consistent pick and allows her to have more of an impact on the game. Instead, she's picked and immediately shut down by the enemy jungler due to slow early speed and zero dueling capability until at least level 4. By that point, Olaf has already rushed you, pushed you out with ease, and is taking your jungle. Sej needs to be able to defend herself early to compensate for her mediocre mid-late game. Even if you get perfect farm, her kit still caps her out at mediocre.

Another potential route would be to make her W a toggle that drains mana over time, akin to Mundo's Burning Agony's interaction with health.

Thessalonike

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
The main thing Sejuani needs is just an increase to base stats and an increase to her Northern Winds rank 1 damage.

The reasoning for this would be that Sej is too weak and too easily counterjungled early game. While typically this is an acceptable tradeoff for other junglers (Mundo, Amumu, Skarner,) it isn't for Sejuani. The other junglers that can be easily invaded or counterjungled like her have the bonus of an awesome mid late game, requiring them to have a weaker early game to compensate,

Sejuani on the other hand is pretty mediocre mid and late game, being a walking ultimate.

If the rankings on other invasion susceptible junglers looked like this:

Amumu

Mundo
Mid: ***

Skarner

Sejuani is more like a

Bringing her early game up makes a more consistent pick and allows her to have more of an impact on the game. Instead, she's picked and immediately shut down by the enemy jungler due to slow early speed and zero dueling capability until at least level 4. By that point, Olaf has already rushed you, pushed you out with ease, and is taking your jungle. Sej needs to be able to defend herself early to compensate for her mediocre mid-late game. Even if you get perfect farm, her kit still caps her out at mediocre.

Another potential route would be to make her W a toggle that drains mana over time, akin to Mundo's Burning Agony's interaction with health.
How does Sejuani get shut down? Enemy jungle invade is an instant shutdown? Try adjusting. If you know they will invade and you can't duel, be where they are not. Start red, be in the enemy jungle, spend more time ganking.... or if you know they will invade tell your team... Sej slows bait the jungle and communicate.

Besides from a CC initiation standpoint a behind Sejuani is only behind. Its not her early game its late where she has trouble turning the tide since she is body blocked. Her Q is body blocked and her R is body blocked.

TrueDemonXXXXXXX

10-18-2012

Sejuani just needs her ulti to be more powerful. she isn't made for combat. if you use her right, she should be the first to level 18 and passing over 200 minion kills. she would also gank to kill. 1 v 1 with her is always a bad idea. she is a good champion the way she is now.

my sejuani is 350+ in speed.
hardly dies if i have a adverage help from teammates (about 1-3 deaths)
i got over 500 minion kills with her before.
she deals the most magic damage in the team.
she takes down the most turrets.
All she needs is a faster basic attack speed.

Thessalonike

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDemonXXXXXXX View Post
Sejuani just needs her ulti to be more powerful. she isn't made for combat. if you use her right, she should be the first to level 18 and passing over 200 minion kills. she would also gank to kill. 1 v 1 with her is always a bad idea. she is a good champion the way she is now.
Everyone praises her ultimate but in reality its a nerfed then bloated Anivia Flash Frost. Its just far more visible than a Q that gets body blocked her E requires a proc and her W is often compared to toggles or higher damage abilities with smaller footprints.

In reality her kit is brilliant and only needs minor adjustment to help her late game and give her greater mobility to distance herself from other tanks.

Thessalonike

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDemonXXXXXXX View Post

my sejuani is 350+ in speed.
hardly dies if i have a adverage help from teammates (about 1-3 deaths)
i got over 500 minion kills with her before.
she deals the most magic damage in the team.
she takes down the most turrets.
All she needs is a faster basic attack speed.
You die on average more than your assists and kills combined in ranked 1.3/8.4/4.4. I don't know if your idea of use her right is the same as others.

You have interesting builds too, like double Frozenheart? Ad crit Sejuani and a lot of "tons of damage". Honestly whatever works for you, champs can built different ways but with a 4 and 12 ranked record you may want to find another strategy.

Your 1-3 said deaths per match doesn't match your 8.4 recorded death average though.

I have averaged 2.7/3.6/8.5 through 29 ranked games with Sej and tonight I go to even my win loss after a dismal 2-8 placement match start I have won 6 of my last 7 and plan to continue learning to prove in season 3 Sej isn't as bad as believed.

Dunal

10-19-2012

I now blame this thread for the massive delay in changes for her.

She doesn't need to be "sent back to the drawing board".

She just needs minor QoL and early game tweaks. Too bad everyone needed to over-exaggerate. Riots is now probably going to give her a 'remake' when she really doesn't need one. Hopefully it doesn't go much further than Garen or Cho's QoL updates. But it's taking a bit too long...

I've won my last 10 ranked games with her. And the more I play her, the less I feel she needs to be "reworked". Just buff up her early game a bit and call it a day Riot, please.