Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeaCrusader

10-06-2012

So I just entered a contest on the Champion concept forums to remake a champion.

Thought I'd mention it here since a lot of the things the original poster suggested inspired me. especially the bit about Bristle not really being part of the kit.

So yeah I thought the OP at least might be interested: [Champion remake] Sejuani - The Winter's Wrath

MTaur

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
I still think being able to bull-rush champions is quite possibly all that she needs. It is a much better solution than being able to charge through them. The strategic possibilities of a bull-rush are virtually endless, while I only see charge-through opening up 2 or 3 extra plays.

Charge-through
1. charge past enemy tank into middle of enemy team (assuming they are clustered enough), W+E.
Goals:
- hope to do enough damage to enemy carry that they try to run away
- hope you don't melt from 5-man alpha strike (good luck!)
- hope allied team can jump in and get a few kills (they still have an enemy tank between them and the enemy carries)
2. charge past an enemy with a blink/dash/charge/high movespeed + E
Goal:
Try to get ahead of someone you know can get away from you if they decide to run. Hopefully the combination of your new improved positioning + 70% MS reduction will be enough that you can hold them down long enough for a teammate to slaughter them.

Bull-rush
1. Enemy tank proving a tough front-line for initiation? push them back far enough back that they aren't able to protect their carry as well.
2. Enemy player is hanging away from the thick of battle, using ranged attacks? Push them into the cluster-f*$( so they will be caught by AOE's (including Sejuani's W)
3. Enemy assassin chasing your carry? Push them away, permafrost them so even if they flash/blink they still won't be able to catch up.
4. Katarina, Nunu or Fiddle channeling their ults? Push them away from the rest of your team.
5. Enemy (that you could never hope to duel) banging on your tower? Push them out of auto-attack range.
... the list can really go on and on.

I'm just sayin that giving Sejuani a forced move makes her powerful and relevant in today's play style. Giving her a charge-through that applies her passive only provides a couple of options for expanded gameplay (that are questionable plays anyway)
Hecarim came out around the same time and has a bull rush. I really doubt that they'd want to give it to Sej. She's unpopular but has a 45% win rate. They probably won't do anything drastic, so there's no point asking for it.

goku button

10-10-2012

Can you make the missile speed for her ult just a bit fast? You made malphs ult fast and his blinks him to his target.

Koopah Da Kid

10-10-2012

bump for bore!

Cooldude1234

10-10-2012

Bump!

Umbra88

10-11-2012

Sej needs some lovin~

Akajar

10-11-2012

She is one my first junglers and still my favorite. Her early jungle is terrible imo until you start getting more health items. The only I really wished she had was slightly better AP ratios to make Abyssal Scep and RoA more viable on her.

HonorRoll

Recruiter

10-11-2012

I main sej right now. Lane support a bot. As a harass and zoning champ if properly built she is perfectly viable. NO REMAKE. In order to make her viable please do just the following small changes:

I would love to see a stats buff (Mainly in her att speed)

Dont make her auto attacks stop after using moves.

Allow her to autoattack while moving.

Now as for how I do it.

Far bush with charge move at level one. I take extreme care until I have 2 with northern winds. Build boots and three pots.

Heart of gold asap. Then strraight into ninja tabi and warmogs.

Read the guide here as she becomes an unstoppable killing tank:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=35925

Cooldude1234

10-11-2012

bump

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Anything I can say will probably be said in one of the previous pages already, so I'll be short and sweet....

-Sejuani is the sole tank without a defensive ability
-despite scaling with both AP and hp, her damage is lack luster since the scaling is ****
-it makes no sense for her Arctic Assault to be stopped by the first champion it hits
-her Passive sucks, it needs to do something more than just slow by 10%

You know how tanks like Amumu and Volibear, while they want the enemy to focus them, if they're left to their own devices they can contribute with their damage anyways? Well Sejuani has neither the survivability nor the damage output tanks should normally have. IF you are winning the game already and the enemy team is fleeing, I can see Sejuani being useful, to make getting away difficult. But guess what, Skarner can do that too, on top of being able to 1v3 the enemy and dealing actual damage.

As for suggestions for how to make her stronger...

To solve her lack of defensive ability for a tank:
1) Give her a Passive in one of her abilities that behaves like a modified version of Mordekaiser's Passive. To make it unique to Sejuani, make it so that she only gains a shield if she damages enemies that are slowed, and the amount of damage-to-shield conversion should be modified by how much slower the enemy is than normal. Apply this to both physical and magical damage.

2) Give her bonus armour/MR upon activating Permafrost, how much armour/MR she gains should be based on how much she slowed the slowest enemy hit by Permafrost. If there is an exhausted Pantheon and a plain regular slowed Graves hit by Permafrost, Sejuani should gain armour/MR based on how much Pantheon was slowed.

3) Make her gain Spellvamp when dealing damage to champions that are slowed

That's the best I can think of for her...she is a tank, yet she's the only tank without any survivability built in. And she doesn't compensate with any damage either.

Also, unrelated to defensive utility, but just to make her a better initiator and make more sense...

4) Arctic Assault will knock asides ALL units, champion and minions alike hit by it, dealing bonus damage and increased slow at the impact at the end of her charge. She may activate this ability early to stop her in her tracks. This can help her function better as a tank, allowing her to rely on more than just her Ultimate to disrupt the enemy.

You're a pretty useless tank if the fed enemy Katarina Shunpo's in and ults your entire team and your R is still on cooldown because you blew it to initiate already.

And for a final request. Is it possible to make her viable as a top or mid laner somehow?