Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
Didn't Rengar just get a massive spew of bug-fixes and balance chances?

This is what I don't understand. Why must Sejuani wait for the same treatment for these so called "larger S3 changes". It's quite contradictory.

Surely her passive can be fixed in the mean-time at least? The way it works is such a massive over-sight (its relation with tenacity) that it really makes her feel clunky sometimes. Irelia, Master Yi or Olaf make her feel broken. 8 months and this hasn't been fixed yet. O_o

That said, Sejuani feels like the only champion that does feel legitimately broken. Shouldn't she receive priority?
I don't know why we are waiting either... it almost like the more Riot grows the less they can do. They need to slow the release of new champions for a while and shift associates around to focus on improving what they have now... no lore.. no trailers... no depth.

Doing something to Sejuani now is not going to change her place. Changes to the arena affect everyone why not stop all adjustments.

I don't really agree with your complaint about Olaf, Yi and Ire though. To me its like saying anyone with a heal makes doing damage broken. Or anyone with a dash or blink make Jarv or Aniv broken... some champs counter others...

NA1

09-27-2012

W is now a toggle.
W now gives 10/14/18/22/26 Armor and MR while on.

Her damage output is now up to par with other tanks, and now she can actually survive fights.

blck3on

09-27-2012

@Riot: she is on a boar...why is she still slower than those on foot???
Do i need to buy boots for the boar too???

BonesawBreaker

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

generally speaking, i think people playing league of legends are playing for enjoyment. if people aren't enjoying themselves, it's not required that they do research, crunch numbers, and/or write an essay in order to express that--it's totally fine to be expressive and subjective.

this is one of the nicest things I have ever read.

Rukora Daora

09-27-2012

If her Q actually managed to run through ALL targets applying Frost to everyone she intends to hit instead of stopping at the first champ, maybe getting a damage buff to that, she would see much more play imo

Her role is a little different, she needs to get in the middle of a fight, frost everyone, permafrost, than W - with the massive amounts of HP one should be building you'd be doing a ton of damage

but obviously if she's to stick to her opponents she needs better movement speed, I think her cooldowns are fair though, around 6 seconds on Q-E at max CDR isnt ideal but i dont think its something to complain about really, faster than most champs get

but definitely a better cooldown on her Ult, I would prefer to see it naturally around 60-70 seconds without considering CDR

Thessalonike

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1 View Post
W is now a toggle.
W now gives 10/14/18/22/26 Armor and MR while on.

Her damage output is now up to par with other tanks, and now she can actually survive fights.
Myth, folk tale... a song and dance. She does survive team fights 85/59/234 in 24 normal 5's games since I started tracking after all the "melt" comments.

Her damage is fine. She needs to further herself from the play of other tanks in a buff not make her more like them... this still leaves all the why Sej over x,y,z debates.

Edit: disagreement is cool, understandable and expected... people are different. It would be nice to know why -1

Thessalonike

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blck3on View Post
@Riot: she is on a boar...why is she still slower than those on foot???
Do i need to buy boots for the boar too???
Mao is a tree Malph is a rock... why are they not 300 speed, Corki in a plane.. why 300 ms.

Its an armored pig.. that can dash.

Thessalonike

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukora Daora View Post
If her Q actually managed to run through ALL targets applying Frost to everyone she intends to hit instead of stopping at the first champ, maybe getting a damage buff to that, she would see much more play imo
This... if anything this.

Quote:
Her role is a little different, she needs to get in the middle of a fight, frost everyone, permafrost, than W - with the massive amounts of HP one should be building you'd be doing a ton of damage
Uhh...

Quote:
but obviously if she's to stick to her opponents she needs better movement speed, I think her cooldowns are fair though, around 6 seconds on Q-E at max CDR isnt ideal but i dont think its something to complain about really, faster than most champs get
If you don't fix the Q as above you will likely have the same problem stop/attack eating your slow. CD is manageable

Quote:
but definitely a better cooldown on her Ult, I would prefer to see it naturally around 60-70 seconds without considering CDR
If she is as close as Riot says I would be afraid it would eat to much "balance"... besides we want her improved not banned.

Szase

09-27-2012

Posted this in another thread but it makes sense here:

Quote:
Possible idea I see as beneficial to Sej. All her abilities stay relatively the same everything I add here is a slight bonus ontop unless said otherwise. Passive reworked.

Passive: Your abilities cause frost on the target, auto attacks against frozen targets increase Sejuani's armor and magic resist by X for y seconds. (Or X stacking y times for Z seconds)

Q: If Arctic assault hits a frosted target Bristle (the boar) tosses the target behind him with his tusks.

W: Each time Northern Winds hits a target affected with frost the next tick is increased by 20%. (Instead of the current double damage)

E: Hits any target within range of Sejuani, if hitting a frosted target she turns frost into permafrost Dealing 100% increased damge. Base damage reduced by 40% of current.

R: When hitting a non frosted target the target is stunned and frozen in a block of ice. If hitting a frosted target the prison explodes spreading to nearby enemies. If Glacial Prison only hits one target the cooldown is reduced by X.

This could bring some interesting play to Sej without really increasing her damage significantly. Reasoning:

Q: When used as initiator it still does the same effect charging in and stopping at the first champion. If used in a combo it can displace a unit, this gives her some peel potential in group fights and a boar tossing a target into the air behind him just makes sense.

W: Due to abilities all causing frost the current effect would be a bit too powerful, every tick after the first would deal double. Instead this makes it so staying near Sej is a dangerous idea as her winds continue to increase damage dealt. This gives her a larger team presence in the long run.

E: This change allows this ability to combo better. Instead of it always being R>E or Q>E you can use E>Q to apply frost on everyone in range then charge and toss a certain champion. E>R would be required to get the current ult effect. Q>E>W or Q>W>E would both also be very effective allowing her to enter a fight, place frost on all the targets then permafrost them to keep them nearby while W rips them apart.

R: This change would change the purpose of the spell a lot, it would become ideal for surprising one target like Blitz' Q for initiation, and would have a reduced cooldown when used in this way. When combo'd with frost it would do the current effect with the current cooldown. So to get the current initiation it would be an E to apply frost and then R to stun as many as you can.

I know it is unlikely this would be implemented just due to the magnitude of the changes but I personally feel it would make her feel more rewarding and add a little bit more thought to her playstyle without bringing her into overpowered.

DjJazzman

09-27-2012

It's ok Sejuani, you hold that very special place in my heart as one of my favorite junglers, right next to skarner and nautilus. I won't rest until I can play you skillfully.

And I think you're WAAAAAAAAAAY hotter than ashe