Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobogi

09-17-2012

I main sejuani her skills are not bad ppl just suck useing her

Artum Tsumia

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobogi View Post
I main sejuani her skills are not bad ppl just suck useing her
Her skills aren't bad, a large amount of problems stem from her passive. Quite simply, Sejuani is supposed to be the Winter's Wrath, a Queen of Slows and a CC Tank. However, Permafrost is the only meaningful Slow she has with the only other meaningful CC being on Glacial Prison.

Ashe has a great toggle slow at the cost of mana. Gangplank has a better slow at the cost of requiring multiple hits. Sejuani has a weak slow that is crucial for half her kit.

There are a wide variety of things that could be done to make the passive feel better; Northern Winds could refresh Frost/Permafrost. Frost could stack similar to Gangplank. Frost could scale depending on her level. Frost could have an additional effect. Basically, her gimmick is slows, but she isn't good enough at slows to make it a rewarding gimmick.

That's my thought as someone who loves Sejuani all the same.

Arcane Azmadi

09-17-2012

I've tried Sej a few more times since I originally wrote her off as a bad investment and I've surprised myself with how well it's gone. Yes, her ult+E combo really is THAT good if you have a team that can take advantage of it, but I still suspect that I've only done as well as I have with her because I got a free ride. Her early jungling is ATROCIOUSLY unsafe and so far no-one I've played her against has ever even TRIED to counterjungle me, which is good because she's REALLY vulnerable to it.

I've found that, after an appalling start, Sej is OK once she has Philostone and Hog but she really hits her break point once she gets Sunfire Cape. The synergy is just phenomenal- the combination of a large chunk of HP and the passive aura almost doubles her AoE damage when Northern Winds is active and the AR gives her the durability she BADLY needs to be able to live long enough to actually APPLY it. I usually go Frozen Mallet (her passive really isn't enough on its own, even with Permafrost) and Shurelya's next as well as Mercs earlier than that and if I need more MR I usually go for a BV over a FoN for the extra HP and mana.

The remaining issues I've found with Sej, apart from the aforementioned terrible low level jungling and vulnerability to counterjungling, are the cooldown and AoE effect range on her Q. The cooldown is DEFINITELY too long at rank 1; I'd knock at least 2 seconds off it. Also, sometimes I've charged over the wall into a buff camp only to find that unless I aimed exactly at the centre of the camp I haven't managed to frost all the creeps; considering Sej's amazingly fast late-game camp clearing speed is one of her selling points, that's a pretty big drawback. It also makes it pretty hard to get Frost onto an enemy when you're angling for a diagonal intercept charge, which considering Sej's pretty average base MS (315) is rather important. And I still think it should at least jolt the champion it impacts on, the same way as Rammus' Powerball, so she can at least interrupt channels without having to burn her ult (Miss Fortune was giving us some grief last game). Finally, Frost does indeed still suck; 10% for 3 seconds is simply pathetic. Make it at LEAST 15%, let it stack like Gangplank's passive does, or let her apply an AS slow as well. A 10% MS slow won't even be FELT by most champions.

I admit that I was somewhat underrating Sej before, she's actually quite competent in her niche, her ult truly IS devastating and she's actually surprisingly fun for such a simplistic champion. Also, Syndra has well and truly eclipsed her in my estimation as the weakest champ Riot have ever released. But I still think Sejuani needs a few tweaks before she'll really be a competatively viable pick on par with the more commonly chosen junglers.

FistOf7Dragons

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Her early jungling is ATROCIOUSLY unsafe and so far no-one I've played her against has ever even TRIED to counterjungle me, which is good because she's REALLY vulnerable to it.
your lucky then cause tbh any champ in league (even jungle sona) could come and eff sej up in the jungle... nothing is more scary than at lvl 2~3 having a mao/lee/udy/dragon lady/ etc appear and start effing you up ._.

StrengthAndHonor

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
I've tried Sej a few more times since I originally wrote her off as a bad investment and I've surprised myself with how well it's gone. Yes, her ult+E combo really is THAT good if you have a team that can take advantage of it, but I still suspect that I've only done as well as I have with her because I got a free ride. Her early jungling is ATROCIOUSLY unsafe and so far no-one I've played her against has ever even TRIED to counterjungle me, which is good because she's REALLY vulnerable to it.

I've found that, after an appalling start, Sej is OK once she has Philostone and Hog but she really hits her break point once she gets Sunfire Cape. The synergy is just phenomenal- the combination of a large chunk of HP and the passive aura almost doubles her AoE damage when Northern Winds is active and the AR gives her the durability she BADLY needs to be able to live long enough to actually APPLY it. I usually go Frozen Mallet (her passive really isn't enough on its own, even with Permafrost) and Shurelya's next as well as Mercs earlier than that and if I need more MR I usually go for a BV over a FoN for the extra HP and mana.

The remaining issues I've found with Sej, apart from the aforementioned terrible low level jungling and vulnerability to counterjungling, are the cooldown and AoE effect range on her Q. The cooldown is DEFINITELY too long at rank 1; I'd knock at least 2 seconds off it. Also, sometimes I've charged over the wall into a buff camp only to find that unless I aimed exactly at the centre of the camp I haven't managed to frost all the creeps; considering Sej's amazingly fast late-game camp clearing speed is one of her selling points, that's a pretty big drawback. It also makes it pretty hard to get Frost onto an enemy when you're angling for a diagonal intercept charge, which considering Sej's pretty average base MS (315) is rather important. And I still think it should at least jolt the champion it impacts on, the same way as Rammus' Powerball, so she can at least interrupt channels without having to burn her ult (Miss Fortune was giving us some grief last game). Finally, Frost does indeed still suck; 10% for 3 seconds is simply pathetic. Make it at LEAST 15%, let it stack like Gangplank's passive does, or let her apply an AS slow as well. A 10% MS slow won't even be FELT by most champions.

I admit that I was somewhat underrating Sej before, she's actually quite competent in her niche, her ult truly IS devastating and she's actually surprisingly fun for such a simplistic champion. Also, Syndra has well and truly eclipsed her in my estimation as the weakest champ Riot have ever released. But I still think Sejuani needs a few tweaks before she'll really be a competatively viable pick on par with the more commonly chosen junglers.
Play Sejuani top lane.

Your runes should be all mag pen marks,flat armor quints/seals + mag rest/level glyphs. 9/21 masteries, get the magic pen in the offensive tree.

Exhaust + Ignite summoner spells.

Start boots + 3 pots. You want to save up for a Giants Belt or a Ruby crystal, then a giants belt after the ruby crystal.

Don't fight 1v1 until you have your Ruby Crystal or Giants belt. Once you have that Giants Belt, no matter who you are laning against, do your Q,W,E combo and watch them run for their lives. This is when you deny them CS too.

Don't tell me how she can't top lane. I average 5/4/10 as Top Lane Sejuani in ranked after 80 games, and 9/10 times I win my lane 2-0 or 3-0 in laning phase.

StrengthAndHonor

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOf7Dragons View Post
your lucky then cause tbh any champ in league (even jungle sona) could come and eff sej up in the jungle... nothing is more scary than at lvl 2~3 having a mao/lee/udy/dragon lady/ etc appear and start effing you up ._.
wtf is this? when I jungle Sej, she clears jungle without going below half health most of time....

you guys have no idea how to build Sejuani or play her.....

AugustoTDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I think that touching Sejuani will be a big mistake. She is a late game Singed type champion. Like Rammus, she is completely viable, just has a tough early game. Still great ganks, and her late game is unmovable. Her team fight control is superb and her free damage is actually higher than what people think (but it's mainly over time so people think it's less than what it actually is).

What changes could be done? Things like augment W's duration when it ticks on someone Permafrosted. (By .5 or .75 seconds per tick, maximum three ticks), as there is no point of it going out if you are playing her correctly; and maybe switch some of late game regen to early game (increase the base regen, decrease the leveling, maybe around Yorick's numbers) to help her during early game as she doesn't have any natural damage decrease or sustain (like malphite/amumu damage decrease, or cho gath/maokai sustain or shen's both, things that make them easier to handle around the jungle and top lane). This would increase her viability a lot early game without really affecting her late game, while still maintaining things like her jungle speed and such almost the same. Her ganks wouldn't really be more powerful, just a TINY bit more damaging, and her role would remain the same.

Sejuani doesn't need anything more than QoL changes, she is completely viable, and like Viktor, not too played because she hasn't been played on a tourney yet.
Maybe she doesn't fit the meta atm (Signed and Rammus having a couple of nerfs that rendered them completely viable don't receive the same kind of play they used to). Why? Sejuani is super effective against teams with low mobility and, like Singed and rammus are (unstoppable, highly movable, and great CC to single out a champion), which are not the current meta.

Not on topic: I just sneezed while cleaning my teeth so my mirror is completely white. -_-

AugustoTDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOf7Dragons View Post
He is saying it's scary that a duelist jungler confronts a cc ganking jungler, so Sejuani is UP. Then Amumu is UP because he can't duel either, or maokai because Xin Zhao will kill him in jungle. Or Fiddlesticks because he can't duel either (or a lot of more champions that can't duel but have amazing ganks and team fight presence and clear speeds and stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrengthAndHonor View Post
wtf is this? when I jungle Sej, she clears jungle without going below half health most of time....

you guys have no idea how to build Sejuani or play her.....
^^^
This, this guy is right.

And yeah, Sej is so fun to jungle, I've never lost a 1v1 versus a maokai, but everyone is afraid of a good Shyv, Lee, or Udyr in the jungle. Supreme duelists. As you say, people just don't know how to play her.

Bikohoness

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielLaneDC View Post
Honestly, I can't play Sejuani for the life of me, but about 7 months ago I met someone who blitzes games with her. He plays her mid and he steam rolls pretty much anyone except good Orianna players.

He's shown me the capacity that Sej has and honestly he's used her to creature game-winning environments. He'll be the first person to admit he's not the best player mechanically and that goes to show the viability that Sejuani has as a champion that he's still able to do exceptionally well in lane. In lane, AP Carries can't burst Sejuani when she's built for the defence. Sejuani is at her most vulnerable when she attempts a disengage, which is weakened by the cooldown of her almost-Valkyrie.

Sejuani can set up devastating engagement combos. Consider an AP carry top like a Vlad or a Kennen and then a Sejuani mid. You've half destroyed the team before they have a chance to react. In addition, you're not really missing your magic damage and you have your tank.

I still don't think she's a particularly strong champion and absolutely not instant-win like some other champs can be argued to be but some of the strategies my friend's put together show the class she's capable of. I do not consider her as weak as most do in the slightest. The painful part is trying to convince other people in champion select that my friend can win the game for us if he's given the chance. I'm glad to notice a trend of late that less and less people seem to want to queue dodge because of my friend's selection. Hopefully it continues.
I'd like to see pics, videos or LoLReplay's of this in order to understand and/or believe your claims better. I've played Sejuani against a Kennen, and even with help Sejuani was completely destroyed. With full Armor/Magic Resist and stacked warmog Kennen can take Sejuani to half health before Sej gets within striking distance. And by the time that happens, Kennen has enough stacks to stun and melt her down further.
What's that? Sejuani should initiate with her Ult you say? It doesn't work. The ult doesn't last long enough to run to where Kennen is at before it wears off. So you gotta charge immediately after the ult. And of course you hit your permafrost, right? But Kennen's little lightning-ball escape move isn't affected (or affected enough) by permafrost, so she still gets away.
But you're suggesting Kennen top and Sejuani mid. It still comes down to range, the only champs Sejuani can mid against are those with very short range AA and abilities. Remember that Sejuani's 70% slow doesn't happen until level 7 at the earliest, but usually not until 12 or 13. Until that time it is very difficult for Sej to prevent the enemy from getting to their tower. And if you're stacking magic resist that means you probably aren't stacking armor, which means you can't dive the tower to finish them off.

TL;DR: Pics or it didn't happen.

StrengthAndHonor

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
TL;DR: Pics or it didn't happen.

This picture of my Match history says it all. All of the games are from today, Sept 18, 2012. Sejuani can play support, top lane (my favorite), mid, and jungler.

Don't look up this forum name, it's not my main acct.