Riot! We need new maps!

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodBlitz69

05-12-2012

I really think Riot should really open up some new maps for the sumoners out there because, even though i love the game, i cant play more than 3 games on the same map without getting bored. I really would like to see another 5v5 map or even a 5v5v5 map. One idea for this would be opening Magma Chamber again and just make it a bit bigger. There should also be some FFA maps for just obliteration fun! Thanks for reading this and plz thumbs up so Riot may see!

McDerp

05-12-2012

Bump for Greatness. A 6v6 Magma Chamber with stronger minions would be cool. The main issue with creating a new map however is transitioning the numbers balancing the champs from SR to other maps (see: Dominion). a larger 5v5 or even 6v6 magma chamber would be awesome, but certain champs would scale out of proportion, like Karth's ult, unless some limiting parameters are applied, which will result in people complaining, etc etc. One idea i had would be to have completely reworked items for the new map, that way RIOT could have a good workspace to fiddle with champion balance.

On a side note here, RIOT won't take notice of this, unless views/replies increase x92476932764087 in all the GIMMEH NEW MAPZ PLOX threads. however, RIOT OMG PLEASE GIMMEH NEW MAP!! <3

Tryons nM

05-12-2012

Riot wont make any money making new maps, so its out of the question.

Tryons nM

05-12-2012

Riot wont make any more making new maps, so its out of the question.

earthmind

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawwkinsheeet View Post
Riot wont make any more making new maps, so its out of the question.

He said it three times, so it must be true!

Wonder Princess

05-13-2012

I agree, new maps would be great! I love the idea of 3 teams, like 3 vs 3 vs 3.

TheCheesegoesmoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Bump, this needs to be addressed, you get to see where SR, TwT, and CS is. So they have to be making new maps. Please do it soon riot!

GoodJibbCutter

05-13-2012

Can anybody remember Footmen Frenzy ?
Now Id really love to take Malzahar into a game of that !!!!

KROTANK

05-13-2012

What riot has over DoTA 2 is innovation - riot is willing to at least make new map modes and change the game, rather than sticking to the old playbook. I think they'll lose money if they don't expand the game. Even if the expansions they make are free, it'll attract people to the game and motivate old players to stay.

That being said what I'd really like to see is a new co-op mode, where 5 champs defend against an endless wave of creeps with a boss wave and such - you could make the game mode 'unwinnable,' as eventually you'd get overrun, but it'd be really cool to see what team combos could make it to the top.

There'd be obvious balance issues between champs, but I still think it'd be an amazing game mode.

HonorableGeneral

05-13-2012

The issue with new maps is two-fold:

1. If the new map is similar to the other maps (SR and TT), then people will see no reason to play them since they're rehashes. Riot gets flamed and the map is swiftly forgotten.

2. If the map has new parameters (ie. Twisted Treeline has 3 champions versus SR's 5) then balance will quickly become an issue. Even now, Twisted Treeline is forgotten among tournaments and high-level games because it's so imbalanced (Tryndamere dominates TT due to having less champions, so not as much CC; Jax has the same issue as well). This causes the map to, again, fade into obscurity due to lack of balance.

12345 ... 6