Why KSing is not a problem and why that's a good thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terror kay

05-15-2012

i wish kills went to whoever did the most damage

WildFireqwer

05-15-2012

This is actually an extremely valid point and a good thread. If the team isn't afraid of KS'ing one another. There wont be any hesitation in fights or ganks, which makes a huge difference. While it is fairly good for the AD carry to get lots of kills, it is far better for the team to actually get a kill than for the enemy champion to get away.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Airani

05-15-2012

I'm seeing valid points on both sides... what I hate is when someone has a preconceived notion about certain champions. I play Kayle, and I do indeed support a lot, but Kayle is also a fighter and built right can work almost like an AD carry. I've certainly carried a few games with Kayle. People get mad at me for KSing when I did most of the damage anyway.

As to the arguments of others, I can see how a KS ends up helping the team overall. Stealing a couple of kills from the carries really isn't that big of a deal if they're playing right anyway, and with the assist gold and experience they really haven't lost much while the team as a whole has gained. On the other hand, someone who never participates in fights but consistently kill steals, or kill steals the dragon (25 gp? Really?) is ruining the experience of the game for the other players. I don't mind losing kills, especially as a tank or support, but cowardly tactics and greed do bother me.

Nyxu

05-15-2012

The thread shouldn't be about why "Kill stealing isn't a problem" and more about "Why our definition of KSing is overbroad and a bad thing"

Real, Actual KSing is a sign of poor sportsmanship, bad play, and puts teammates at risk in situations that they shouldn't have been at risk in at all. It expends resources (Time, HP, spells, Mana) and opens the rest of your team up to bad situations (Zerging to bot to 'secure' a kill inside of Nunu's ult just opened your lane up to attack, and if bot was a 2v1 turned 3v1, top is now exposed to a possible 4v2.
What IS Ksing:
Autoattacking as an AP carry until the target is at low health then burst-comboing for the last 2%

Global-ulting a solidified gank (a 2v1 with heavy CC)

Entering a 2v1 (in your favour) by firing a ranged poke through your allies (when the target is rooted/snared/stunned and an execute is imminent) to snag the kill. If they're going to flash and try and escape you can still cut them off in two seconds.

Urchin Striking into a 2v1 (their favour), landing the kill on one, then abandoning the other target to let them mop up your ally (who spent most of his time on the guy you just nuked)

WHAT ISN'T A KS:
Kog-ulting the runners for the last hit
Damage over time effects
Passive abilities
Autoattacks if you've been engaged in the fight
Global Ults that are -called for in chat-
Traps/Shrooms.
Twitch's Expunge (YMMV)
Sniping a runner with ANYTHING.
Teamfights.

Guppers

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxu View Post
The thread shouldn't be about why "Kill stealing isn't a problem" and more about "Why our definition of KSing is overbroad and a bad thing"

Real, Actual KSing is a sign of poor sportsmanship, bad play, and puts teammates at risk in situations that they shouldn't have been at risk in at all. It expends resources (Time, HP, spells, Mana) and opens the rest of your team up to bad situations (Zerging to bot to 'secure' a kill inside of Nunu's ult just opened your lane up to attack, and if bot was a 2v1 turned 3v1, top is now exposed to a possible 4v2.
What IS Ksing:
Autoattacking as an AP carry until the target is at low health then burst-comboing for the last 2%

Global-ulting a solidified gank (a 2v1 with heavy CC)

Entering a 2v1 (in your favour) by firing a ranged poke through your allies (when the target is rooted/snared/stunned and an execute is imminent) to snag the kill. If they're going to flash and try and escape you can still cut them off in two seconds.

Urchin Striking into a 2v1 (their favour), landing the kill on one, then abandoning the other target to let them mop up your ally (who spent most of his time on the guy you just nuked)

WHAT ISN'T A KS:
Kog-ulting the runners for the last hit
Damage over time effects
Passive abilities
Autoattacks if you've been engaged in the fight
Global Ults that are -called for in chat-
Traps/Shrooms.
Twitch's Expunge (YMMV)
Sniping a runner with ANYTHING.
Teamfights.
yes I agree with everything you said here, that is probably a more concise statement of my argument

D4RK3W0LF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

had one game where our soraka was taking all the kills on purpose, she cost us that game easily

Naetharion

05-27-2012

As Volibear if I'm homing in for a Gank I'll usually catch the target slow him and let my team mate finish her/him off, or do a drive by slow o I can get the assist in helping my team mate, or if my team mate has backed off from the kill because reinforcements came I will usually sneak in and finish the opponent off so she can't come back to push the lane as quickly as she could have if he had gotten away.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Agreed. It is annoying when someone burns a summoner spell/ult to finish someone already pretty much dead though

OMGitspattyrick

05-28-2012

Random KS by someone who didn't help in the fight but makes it there just in time for the kill is a good thing. Increases overall gold for the team.

Queen Sejuani

05-28-2012

I have lost kills before for my team because I was TRYING to give it to my AD/AP carry. Just don't do that ****, if you are SURE the enemy has burned escape summoners/escape spells then let your carry/jungler get the kill so he can get a little ahead. Other then that, just kill the god**** enemy and move on. Any decent player knows that, if you are a teamplayer, you would feed your carry the kills. BUT sometimes it is simply to risky and the enemy might get away, resulting in your team not getting ahead.