Why KSing is not a problem and why that's a good thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

05-13-2012

KSing is not the issue, it's blowing spells that is.

If both Jax and Veigar go in for a kill, and Veigar gets it, all well and fine. Jax still gets assist XP and gold, so we're good.

If, however, Veigar blows his ult on a kill that clearly Jax had (ie. enemy has like 10 HP), then I get annoyed. I'm not annoyed by the KS, I'm annoyed by the fact that Veigar blew his ult (which could've been saved for another champion) on an already-secure kill.

If you're the sort of person who wastes ults or high-cooldown abilities on KSing, I will get mad at you. I will disregard your KS and get mad at you for the fact that you are pulling this team down by wasting spells and combos on champions you didn't need to. I will get angry at you for wasting summoner spells as well. Please, do not use offensive flash if the enemy is about to die. Just don't. It's annoying enough that you wasted flash, but it really pisses me off when you die right after in a situation where flash would've saved you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guppers

Member

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
KSing is not the issue, it's blowing spells that is.

If both Jax and Veigar go in for a kill, and Veigar gets it, all well and fine. Jax still gets assist XP and gold, so we're good.

If, however, Veigar blows his ult on a kill that clearly Jax had (ie. enemy has like 10 HP), then I get annoyed. I'm not annoyed by the KS, I'm annoyed by the fact that Veigar blew his ult (which could've been saved for another champion) on an already-secure kill.

If you're the sort of person who wastes ults or high-cooldown abilities on KSing, I will get mad at you. I will disregard your KS and get mad at you for the fact that you are pulling this team down by wasting spells and combos on champions you didn't need to. I will get angry at you for wasting summoner spells as well. Please, do not use offensive flash if the enemy is about to die. Just don't. It's annoying enough that you wasted flash, but it really pisses me off when you die right after in a situation where flash would've saved you.
well that's not really a KS issue, that's a poor playing issue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

Senior Member

05-14-2012

Just finished a Co-Op match. Cait and Irelia were doing all the work, so I was bored. I went to see if I could solo the Dragon. As I am slugging away at the dragon another player comes nearby, looks like he's going to help, but he doesn't. He's lurking. Just as I get the dragon down to that last sliver of HP, the other player leaps in, pops the dragon for the kill, and runs away.

That is a Kill Steal.

Driven by sheer Greed and selfishness, he did it to gain the 25g that you get for landing that killing blow on the dragon. Stealing Gold from another player that has "earned" it, doesn't help the team.

the human ideas and values that make games games are deteriorating, have deteriorated on the Internet, due to the internet. The cowardly, lazy, and above all, greedy have learned that on the Internet there are no real conseqences for stealing, cheating and lying, and that they can reap rewards while being cowardly, lazy and greedy by stealing, cheating and lying and not only can no one do anything about it, but they can actually find ways to rationalize their beheavior and convince the other people using the internet that their cowardliness, laziness and greed is good for everybody, "cause its good for the team!"

TL;DR ?
This thread is proganada designed to erode your values further.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkBrownEye

Member

05-14-2012

I think in general if 2 players are contributing to a fight there is no such thing as KS, just whoever got last hit.

I personally don't like KSs only because I am a stickler about my K : D ratio (even though those stats are not actually tracked by riot)

What I CANNOT stand is people who don't use any abilities until the last 25% or less, PURPOSELY trying to snag a kill, and leaving you and teammate vulnerable because the target isn't dying as fast as it could.

Typically, I have noticed that TRUE KSers are the same people that will last hit all 6-7 minions in a lane, its not by accident they are selfish. They will also be unlikely to respond and/or make adjustments when you confront them on the matter either. I will usually leave the lane and go play elsewhere... I refuse to play with people like this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draikk

Senior Member

05-14-2012

What OP seems to have forgotten is that: even if "your" kill gets stolen by someone who did not participate in the battle, the TEAM still benefits. True, you do not get the kill and have to make do with assist gold, but think about it this way: if it hadn't happened then only you would have gotten gold and no assist gold for the ally "ksing" you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

Senior Member

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikk View Post
What OP seems to have forgotten is that: even if "your" kill gets stolen by someone who did not participate in the battle, the TEAM still benefits. True, you do not get the kill and have to make do with assist gold, but think about it this way: if it hadn't happened then only you would have gotten gold and no assist gold for the ally "ksing" you.
A fallacious argument, to be sure.

If, "Assist Gold" is good for the team,
Then, why isn't the Kill-Stealer encouraged to "participate" rather than Kill-Steal?
Why can't the Kill-Stealer make good with "Assist Gold"???

Isn't "Assist Gold" good enough for the Kill-Stealer???

NO! of course not. Because Its not about what's good for the Team, its about what's good for the Kill Stealer. And settling for "Assist Gold" is not good enough for the kill stealer. Let the person that's done all the work take the Assist Gold, because, Let's face it, if the person that's done all the work, gets all the gold, then only the person that's worked will have earned anything. Clearly, that's NOT FAIR. Not Fair to the Team. Why should the person that works get paid in full???

Maybe we shouldn't call it Kill-Stealing. How about "Welfare"??? or "Welfare Gold"??? You don't work, but you still get paid. You get paid even more than the person that works!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gvaness

Senior Member

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Ahn Nee View Post
Obviously, for you guys, the game is more important than the human-being playing the game. Sterilizing the game of all human components, monetizing it, reducing it to a set of numbers, you've rationalized "kill stealing."
What about those times they get away at 100 hp?

Calling KS just creates and environment where team mates are more likely to hesitate jumping in to secure the kill.
Personally, I would rather get an assist and ensure the guy goes down than allow the small chance he gets away.

Every time I see ks shouted, I can't help but think that person hasn't gotten the point of a team game yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guppers

Member

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Ahn Nee View Post
A fallacious argument, to be sure.

If, "Assist Gold" is good for the team,
Then, why isn't the Kill-Stealer encouraged to "participate" rather than Kill-Steal?
Why can't the Kill-Stealer make good with "Assist Gold"???

Isn't "Assist Gold" good enough for the Kill-Stealer???

NO! of course not. Because Its not about what's good for the Team, its about what's good for the Kill Stealer. And settling for "Assist Gold" is not good enough for the kill stealer. Let the person that's done all the work take the Assist Gold, because, Let's face it, if the person that's done all the work, gets all the gold, then only the person that's worked will have earned anything. Clearly, that's NOT FAIR. Not Fair to the Team. Why should the person that works get paid in full???

Maybe we shouldn't call it Kill-Stealing. How about "Welfare"??? or "Welfare Gold"??? You don't work, but you still get paid. You get paid even more than the person that works!
it doesn't matter what you call the gold you got, it all goes into the pot called "team gold". You can call it holocaust gold for all I care as long as I can buy a rabbadon's with it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vikaryous

Senior Member

05-14-2012

ITT: People who should go back to CoD

KS you say? Why yes, kill secured.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

accuracy1st

Member

05-14-2012

my thoughts on kill stealing:

A. good that your team even got a kill.

B. kills help all members of team who get them.

C. its selfish to want them all. spreading out kills is actually better then having one with all the kills from my experience.

D. who cares if you got your kill stolen?

E. Maybe you letting your partners steal you kills means your not good at killing, and is your problem not theirs.

F. sometimes if the partner doesn't get the killing blow they could get away. So better he ensured the kill rather than, wait for you to kill, and you don't and he gets away.

G. even if you are a tank getting kills will make you that much tankier, and will help. when you are tank doing as much damage as their carries and taking nothing due to how tanky you are. they aint going to win.