How do you cancel a channel (like nunus ult)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

Title

WintrBorn

08-16-2010

Either by moving or casting another spell.

The Xecutioner

08-17-2010

Or hitting the same key again (casting again)

The Controller

08-17-2010

Im pretty sure he is asking how to stop them if YOUR on the opposite team. I'm not sure if this would work with nunu's ultimate but Morgana's ultimate and Fiddlesticks lifedrain skill both seem to be interrupted by skills that move them or fear them. Also you could try silencing them. Im not sure if that would work though. And You should also try Tristana's Ultimate.

Recognizee

08-17-2010

Yeah, i'm also quite sure he wants to know how to counter it. You can simply stop him from channeling by stunning him or silencing, knockups also i think.

Sr Kundo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2010

If you are the person channeling the spell:
1) Move
2) Cast another spell
3) Use an on use item (like deathfire grasp)
4) Re cast the same spell

If you are trying to stop an enemy channeling the spell
1) Silence them
2) Stun them
3) Knock them up
4) Knock them back
5) Taunt them
6) Kill them

The Controller

08-17-2010

Quote:
4) Knock them back
So trist's ulti would work? Score 101 for trist users! (ME!)

GBolt 0

08-17-2010

If you're Nunu and want to stop do as said - move or cast a spell. If you're on the opposite team, you can either disable him (silencing, fearing, stunning) or knock him away (as with Alistar's headbutt and Tristana's Buster Shot) but it still deals a part of the damage he was channeling (not all, at least). Against Morgana and Fiddlesticks, once their Ultimate has started there's no way of stopping it - you can only get out of their range or knock them away from you and your team. In Fiddlesticks' case you can disable him him before he's started his Ultimate (since he has to channel it too).

Sr Kundo

Recruiter

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Controller View Post
So trist's ulti would work? Score 101 for trist users! (ME!)
Yes Trist's ult works, Janna's ult works, Poppy's charge does it. All of those things work, utilize it well it makes channelers much more angry and Tristana a happy little Yordle.

SethCypher

08-17-2010

Stuns, fear, knock-ups and taunts cancel channels.

Quote:
Yes Trist's ult works, Janna's ult works, Poppy's charge does it. All of those things work, utilize it well it makes channelers much more angry and Tristana a happy little Yordle.
...that's strange...when I jumped behind Nunu and used my ult on him to push him into my allies, he was STILL channeling.