Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syfylegend

05-13-2012

As a new player to LoL and one who has watched many vidoes on Jungling and tried out a few guides and such I have to agree with most of these folks. easiest is most def warwick. I did enjoy udyr when he was free last week. lee sin is not so forgiving as WW is. but still a very fun champ to play.

for somebody just starting out Jungling id go with WW and then try out Mundo, Udyr and then branch off to to the harder ones to learn such as lee sin, Nautilus so forth

juicebox244

05-14-2012

noc is realllly good jungle because of his passive, because of the new spectate, you can watch good junglers as noc and other champs (what i've been doing)

NamidaTekika

05-14-2012

Quote:
juicebox244:
noc is realllly good jungle because of his passive, because of the new spectate, you can watch good junglers as noc and other champs (what i've been doing)

Having done Noct as my first jungle attempts I would NOT recommend him for a new player especially if they are solo running for bots and such as he is super squishy early even with his passive (even more so if you're low level without good runes and masteries to passivly boost everything)

slee

05-14-2012

i dont know why tristwrist insists on trolling most of the threads in this forum. the guy clearly stated he wants to learn jungling. key word being learn, warwick in my (and many others) opinion is the best jungler for LEARNING. yes he has weak ganks pre-6 but after 6 he has one of the strongest ganks of any junglers. flash ulting someone on warwick at level 6 is almost always a free kill.

NovaPi

05-14-2012

I'd recommend Warwick if you're a newer player. He's fairly easy, has great sustain in the jungle, his ganks are nice (especially after level 6) and isn't rune dependent like some of the more commonly used junglers in ranked.

NamidaTekika

05-14-2012

Quote:
Tua Morte:
i dont know why tristwrist insists on trolling most of the threads in this forum. the guy clearly stated he wants to learn jungling. key word being learn, warwick in my (and many others) opinion is the best jungler for LEARNING. yes he has weak ganks pre-6 but after 6 he has one of the strongest ganks of any junglers. flash ulting someone on warwick at level 6 is almost always a free kill.

True, I like Warwick's ult especially if you jump on someone to initiate a team attack since it gives your teammates a REALLY big opening to throw down any stuff they want (slows or anything else...or channeled BOOMs like Morg or Nunu).

Not the GREATEST but he has a nice skillset that is VERY forgiving for a new player and because of that the new player doesn't need to learn super detailed builds and ability management. Not to mention without any runes or masteries his durability means he isn't going to punish someone who isn't even level 10 yet for not having those things.

TwistWrist

05-14-2012

Quote:
Tua Morte:

Trolling? I didn't know having my own opinion was trolling.

Strangely enough, most people who have played the game a bunch aren't recommending WW either.

Weird. I guess they must be trolling as well. Do you believe your opinion is the only valid opinion?

Also, I would love to see you quote some more "trolling" from me.

Easiest to use isn't always the best to learn with.

NamidaTekika

05-14-2012

Quote:
TwistWrist:
Trolling? I didn't know having my own opinion was trolling.

Strangely enough. Most people who have played the game a bunch aren't recommending WW either.

Weird. I guess they must be trolling as well. Do you believe your opinion is the only valid opinion?

Also, I would love to see you quote some more "trolling" from me.

I'd still like a bit more description of what you look for in a jungler and the aspects thereof. Maybe the people recommending warwick are not as aware of what you are looking for.

Many of us are taking into consideration resilience of the champion and whether you need many runes or masteries to be effective with them in the jungle at all. The runes and masteries can shift things quite greatly for a new person at level 1-5 for example what you recommend might just be way too fragile at that stage vs another champion.

Can you elaborate more on what the basis of your judgements and others that others who 'have played the game a bunch' are saying and why?

I know I'd like to know more so I can learn too!

TwistWrist

05-14-2012

Oh? You need basis?

Quote:
TwistWrist:
But his kit doesn't really teach resource management either.

WW doesn't have good jungle control. He doesn't have good ganks. He can't counter-jungle particularly well. He's just healthy.

And really, his ult is just okay. Most junglers have ults that "help out in team fights". There quite frankly is nothing special about WW's ult.

Quote:
TwistWrist:

You want to learn how to gank? Without his ult, he can't do much. You want to farm your jungle quickly so you have more time to actually influence the lanes? Warwick's speed isn't that great. You want to invade the enemy jungle? WW isn't the best jungler for that either.

He's just healthy.

Quote:
TwistWrist:
And WW doesn't even teach you how to stay healthy. You just are healthy because you are playing WW.

I can only repeat the same thing so many times.

WW barely teaches you anything.

You want to manage your sources well? Maybe a stronger level 4 gank and influence the game even when you don't have your ultimate? Have faster clears and quickly clear the enemy jungle if you want to counter-jungle? And also can jungle with no runes or masteries?

Udyr exists. WW is going to be easier but most people have stated that he isn't the best. I definitely don't think WW is the best place to start learning.

NamidaTekika

05-14-2012

Quote:
TwistWrist:
Snip

I'm curious how you don't feel WW's speed at clearing isn't that good? He deals decent enough damage and with his W can tear stuff down pretty quickly from my experience in the jungle. And as his E passive ability is leveled and he passes near lanes he gets a pretty hefty move speed boost if people at poking eachother down.

His Q isn't amazing but it does a decent bit of damage and once he gets ahold of a Mandred's Razors that W lets him eat up the jungle even faster. If he wants he can also nab a Wriggle's to toss a ward in to help out some for warding while still maintaining his jungling focus.

If you mean movement speed he's got 320 base which is equal to others like Udyr and Skarner and even faster then say Rammus.

With Smite on the summoner spell list I don't see him having issues with slow killing in the jungle early game and later if you got Razors or Wriggles on top of anything else I've not noticed any grand slowdown besides maybe a few seconds difference in raw kill speed, which for a beginner I'd think is pretty negligable until they refine their play as a whole more.

Ganking ability I'd likely agree he's a bit weaker but the durability and big CONSTANT move speed he gets from his E lets him dive on towers spectacularly (and with red buff the innate slow lets him stay like glue on people). I think I find him easier since I also play Fiora so I'm used to not having a slow ability and looking for things like red buff/team/frozen mallet to make up for that.

Why do you say he can't counter-jungle well though? The kill speed aspect or movement?