Best Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamidaTekika

05-13-2012

Warwick. Constant life steal and life steal Q makes him super easy to start with.

Basically with warwick you can have a fairly forgiving champ for learning to be a jungler that is not going to have alot of need to learn to mix their skills around for optimal effect.

Howl for speed, Q for hp and damage. Passive speed on low champs HP to run them down, and easy to use and super effective R

TwistWrist

05-13-2012

WW doesn't really teach jungling though. He'll stay healthy in the jungle but you don't really learn much that you can apply to other junglers.

NamidaTekika

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
WW doesn't really teach jungling though. He'll stay healthy in the jungle but you don't really learn much that you can apply to other junglers.
I dunno, you can learn how to be mobile and come in and out of lanes to support or gank really nicely since you can easily keep the jungle clean and happy.

The fact he isn't getting beaten down means you can learn more of the map control and assisting your team aspects then the "how to kill the mobs in detailed and fancy ways" type deal.

Once they know how to be the team's jungler to control the jungle and ambush/gank then they can move on to less simple characters for the jungle

His R and howl also let him help out in team fights nicely to lock down an AP carry and pick them off as well (and late game his howl and hp/damage overall let him rip up towers nicely too)

TwistWrist

05-13-2012

Most of that isn't true though.

He teaches them how to be mobile? What does that even mean... You buy boots and walk around. But his kit greatly limits his ganking paths. He isn't particularly mobile out of his one MS boost.

Being healthy is not the same thing as teaching map control. The two are not particularly linked. Not even sure where you are going with "how to kill the mobs in detailed and fancy ways". But his kit doesn't really teach resource management either.

WW doesn't have good jungle control. He doesn't have good ganks. He can't counter-jungle particularly well. He's just healthy.

And really, his ult is just okay. Most junglers have ults that "help out in team fights". There quite frankly is nothing special about WW's ult.

NamidaTekika

05-13-2012

How do you define jungling then?

Others have said WW is good for jungling and in my opinion he is the most forgiving for someone wanting to learn it. He has a nice mix of abilities and the fact he isn't anywhere near squishy means a new player to it is not going to become frustrated at their own survival.

TwistWrist

05-13-2012

I'm basically pointing out that there is a difference between easy and good.

Don't get me wrong. He is okay if the player can't stay healthy because they don't have runes or masteries, but he doesn't really teach much jungling. You want to learn how to gank? Without his ult, he can't do much. You want to farm your jungle quickly so you have more time to actually influence the lanes? Warwick's speed isn't that great. You want to invade the enemy jungle? WW isn't the best jungler for that either.

He's just healthy.

NamidaTekika

05-13-2012

Healthy is normally a key important part of learning the basics is my thought though.

I know I tried to jungle initially with Noct when I first started things (although I'm still not a veteran by any means but somewhere between) and was like "OMG THIS IS HARD LANE IS HARD ALL OF IT IS HARD!" because of just not being a healthy character, then I tried out warwick and was like "sweet zombie jesus I don't die when a harsh breeze blows....I'm gonna experiment and try stuff hey how am I like 2-3 levels above people?"

TwistWrist

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamidaTekika View Post
Healthy is normally a key important part of learning the basics is my thought though.
It isn't. Being healthy is the most basic part of jungling. And WW doesn't even teach you how to stay healthy. You just are healthy because you are playing WW.

NamidaTekika

05-13-2012

I gotta say when I was first starting staying healthy was hard hard hard it felt like and WW let me learn to play instead of tower hugging and B alot.

I spent a good few games as Noct trying to jungle and ending up minion poking near my tower and getting nuked by long range stuff until I got a hang of things more.

How do you recommend learning then? For me it was more a matter of I NEEDED someone healthy to let me eel more confident and try stuff.

Iron A1dan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

If you are looking for the easiest, try Warwick. If you are looking for the best; Udyr, Lee, Shyvanna, Nocturne, Mundo.