Stexe's Champion Creation Contest 2! (Art / Design / Other) [PHASE 2]

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-11-2012

Update: Congratulations to the winners!

Art:
Arkk Spanner

Design:
Xepel

Lore / Other:
Haskill Sonnet

Hello everyone! This is the 2nd phase in my Champion Creation Contest 2. Below are the details of the contest. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Note: Even if you missed Phase 1 you can still enter this contest until the extended deadline of 11:59 PM Pacific on 30 June 2012!

Essentially, I'm trying to recreate the Champion design process that Riot Games goes through in order to bring us Champions. For an example of what to expect you can check out last year's contest: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?p=7985696

The contest is broken up into 3 parts:
Art, Design, and Other (lore, songs, poems, voice over, etc).

Prizes: Each winner (1 per category) will get their choice of either a "PAX Jax" skin -or- "Riot K9 Nasus" skin -or- "Riot Singed" skin -or- "PAX Sivir" skin & $10 RP added to their account -or- a $20 RP code! There will be a runner up for each category and they can choose either a "PAX Sivir" skin or $5 RP code!

Duration: The contest will have two main phases and then a voting phase. The first phase, determining the basic Champion concept has finished. The second phase (the actual submission phase) will start immediately and end 11:59 PST on 16 June 2012.

Entries: Each person may enter one, some, or all of the various categories. There is a limit of 4 entries for Art, 2 entries for Design, and 4 entries for Other.

Requirements: You must use the basic Champion criteria below in your entries. Additionally, when you email me an entry I'd ask that you post in this thread to let me know and so this thread is bumped for others to see.

*** Remember you MUST use this Champion concept as the first stepping stone in your submission! ***

Quote:
Eponyetta

Story Basics: From the deep mists, Eponyetta, strangely dressed in the faded garbs of an Ionian mystic, emerged reeking of the Shadow Isles. Not undead and yet not quite truly living, this pale white pony wields strange magics that take the shape of muddied and decaying rainbows. Behind her sarcastic and witty attitude only one thing is known for sure: Hecarim is somehow to blame for her current state of affairs. Seeking adventure in the League, Eponyetta demands that Hecarim pay -- but for what she will not say.

Range: Ranged
Primary Role: Jungle
Secondary Role: Caster
Tertiary Role: Support
(Secondary and Tertiary Roles are just further narrowing the Champion: For example Nautilus is Primary Tank, Secondary Jungle, Tertiary Support, because while he isn't designed to be a support, he can be played as one)
IMPORTANT: You must use the basis of Eponyetta explained above as your entry point!

Phase 1 Results
: (These are used to guide your focus and emphasis on Eponyetta)

Alignment: (Results were mixed so any type of Chaotic personalty works, but since she has been corrupted by the Shadow Isles, this will primarily result in evil tendencies)
- Chaotic Evil: 424 (24.35%)
- Chaotic Good: 400 (22.98%)

Homeland: (Originally from Ionia in some regard, but now she can only call the Shadow Isles her home)
- Shadow Isles: 244 (14.45%)
- Ionia: 224 (13.26%)

Personality: (Think of Anna from Planescape: Torment -- very sarcastic and can come up with snappy insults)
- Sarcastic: 431 (25.76%)
- Witty: 326 (19.49%)

Motivation: (She seeks both adventure by traveling the lands and entering the League, but also demands revenge on Hecarim)
- Adventure: 385 (23.36%)
- Revenge: 370 (22.45%)

Theme: (Rainbows can mean a lot of things to a lot of people -- from beauty to the location of a pot of gold to a bridge to the afterlife)
- Rainbows: 424 (25.16%)

See below for a detailed explanation regarding each section and how to enter the contest.

If you have any questions ask them here or contact me at StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject "[QUESTION]" so I know it is a question rather than an entry. You can also add me in-game and I'll respond that way.

Remember, you have OVER A MONTH to work on this. Do not rush your entries, spend time developing them and bouncing ideas off of others. Make sure that your entries are very well polished and stand apart from the rest. It is obvious when someone has spent time working on honing their idea rather than throwing something together quickly.

Additionally, if you're an inspiring artist, designer, or writer, you could use your entry here as portfolio work -- so make it something that you'd be proud to show to a potential future employer!

Hope everyone has fun and comes up with some amazing entries! =)

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-11-2012

Art:

Create a work of art that captures the Champion concept (see above). Points go to creativity, style, and matching theme to LoL's current art style.

Basics: Eponyetta is a female pony a la My Little Pony (although not necessarily directly connected artistically). She is a white pony with a corrupted rainbow theme, so that should be incorporated. Additionally, she was somehow once connected to Ionia, so adding clothing that resembles other Ionians (specifically Soraka and Karma) is a plus. Besides that, she is not truly undead so no bones or insides should be seen -- she is merely at a stage between life and death. I suggest additional research by looking at these for further inspiration:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_horse_%28mythology%29
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_art

Entries should be sent to StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject containing "[ART]" or they will not be counted. You may also submit them here for critique, but it will not count unless emailed. Include your Summoner name somewhere within the body of the email.

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-11-2012

Design:

Design a skill set for the Champion concept (see above). A Skill set includes: Innate Passive, 3 Skills, 1 Ultimate. Try to include general numbers and ratios for the skills to give me an idea of their relative balance in comparison to the rest of his set, but numbers are the least important part of the design.

You may have a different set up, something like Udyr or Karma, be energy based, or have alternate forms (Nidalee), but be warned -- cohesion and synergy and more important than complexity. Some complexity is important and having duo purpose skills are allowed, but you don't get any additional points for having them. Points go to creativity, thematic fit, and synergy.

Explanation: She will primarily be a jungler with the ability to go mid, along the lines of Fiddlesticks. Therefore she should have some skills that reflect her ability to jungle/gank successfully. I've decided this role since there is a lack of caster junglers, with Fiddlesticks being the only truly caster jungler, and similar roles like Nunu, and to a lesser extent Amumu and Sejuani are under utilized as well. I also suggest that any designer should read Zileas's posts on anti-design patterns: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=293417

Entries should be sent to StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject containing "[DESIGN]" or they will not be counted. You may also submit them here for critique, but it will not count unless emailed. Include your Summoner name somewhere within the body of the email.

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-11-2012

Other / Lore:

Make something relating to Eponyetta! It can be a lore back story (either bio or JoJ or whatever), a song, a comic strip, quotes, voice over work, or something else. Points go to creativity, thematic fit, and originality.

Concept: I urge anyone looking to do lore that they put some research into their work. Remember, the Champions in League of Legends are heavily fleshed out with many references to literary tropes and motifs. For further reading, I'd suggest the back stories for Ionian and Shadow Isle Champions (which can be found here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki). Additionally, I'd suggest taking a look at the following:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_horse_%28mythology%29
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbows_in_mythology
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epona

Entries should be sent to StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject containing "[OTHER]" or "[LORE]" or they will not be counted. You may also submit them here for critique, but it will not count unless emailed. Include your Summoner name somewhere within the body of the email.

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-11-2012

FAQ and Other stuff.

Q: Can people from the EU servers participate in this contest?

A: Yes, but they are ineligible for the RP rewards. They can still choose the skin rewards though.

Q: If I'm submitting entries for both art, design, and lore should I combine them or send them individually?

A: Send them as separate emails, since each will be judged separately. If you need one to understand the other, you might want to mention that you send another entry that references something else you sent, but don't combine the entries.

Q: I'm confused, what are the entries supposed to be based on?

A: They are all supposed to incorporate the information that is in the quoted box above in bold -- that is the idea of Eponyetta.

Mãroon

05-14-2012

Seems like a good idea. I'll try now

Pezomi

05-14-2012

sounds legit. Bump for justice.

Yacabo

05-14-2012

>.> more silly ponies. Blam this community.

PuIsefire Lux

05-14-2012

Subject to change. Lots of change.

My vision for Eponyetta is a primary jungler who can also go mid with some adjustment in skill order, becoming a solid solo mid with high sustain. Eponyetta is different than a lot of casting champions in the league in that she is a formidable pusher, and her minions allow her to tank jungle with ease. Although summons are not very common in the league, I personally like to see some diversification. This also opens up some options of taking Baron even earlier than normal with the help of these minions. She has heavy AOE sustained damage, and because of that should build a mix of tanky and AP. Suggested items include Rabadons, Rylai's, WotA and Abyssal Sceptre. I'd rank Eponyetta as a mid to hard hero, as she has several skill shots and the new function in minions.

NOTE: The names are bad and can use some tweaking. Numbers are obviously up for tweaking.

Passive: The more the merrier.
For every minion (allied or neutral or enemy) Eponyetta is given 5 + .5 * Level in bonus AP.

Spell 1: Summon!
Eponyetta summons 2/2/3/3/4 rainbow minions that have 75/100/125/150/175 health (+.5AP) and deal 10/20/30/40/50 (+.1AP) magic damage on their attacks. The rainbow minions attack the target which Eponyetta is attacking, and will passively aggro any minion they attack. The rainbow minions last for 20 seconds or until they die and have 450 MS.
CD: 20 Seconds
Mana: 50/60/70/80/90
Reasoning: Every jungler needs something that allows them to tank the jungle creeps, these summons will help Eponyetta be a strong jungler, while maintaining their use later with the AP ratios.

Spell 2: Horn Strike
Eponyetta shoots out her horn in a line (1000 range), dealing 80/120/160/220/260 (.8 AP) in magic damage and stunning the first enemy it hits for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds.
Reasoning: This is a very strong skill shot that can be devastating with its long range and high AP ratio. This should be maxed out first and will also help with clearing camps fast.
CD: 16/14/12/10/8
Mana: 65/75/85/95/105

Spell 3: Bubble of light
Eponyetta lays down a 175/195/215/225/245 radius bubble, which is beneficial to allies and detrimental to enemies. The bubble slows the enemy by 25%/30%/35%/40%/45% and lowers the magical resistance by 20/30/40/50/60 for 3 seconds.
Reasoning: A very strong AOE spell that addresses all three of Eponyetta's roles, jungle, support, and caster. Also synergizes with ulti.
CD: 18/17/16/15/14
Mana: 100

Spell 4: RAINBOW PUKE
Eponyetta pukes rainbows in a large radius (400) which deals heavy magic damage to enemies inside it and silences on first contact. The puke deals 200/300/400 (+.5AP) initial damage and silences for 2/3/4 seconds, then does an additional 40/80/120 magic damage per second (+.3AP) for a maximum of 6 seconds.

Reasoning: A spell that makes Eponyetta real threat in team fights, while synergizing with all of her other spells.
CD: 150/130/110
Mana: 150/200/250

Feedback?

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZllNGA View Post
Subject to change. Lots of change.

Feedback?
I'd suggest making a new thread for feedback so this one doesn't get cluttered talking about your particular entry. Try to get feedback and give feedback as much as possible. The more people who see it and tweak it then the better polished it should be.

1234511 ... 24