Graves or Varus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gismode

05-11-2012

Who should i buy first? and why please!!

Bloodleaf

05-11-2012

Graves is baby's first ad.

Until you get used to CSing graves will definitely make for easier play. His moves are also really simple to execute and don't really have a lot of gimmicks to them.

Varus is a little OP at the moment, but that will change in the next patch most likely. He on the other hand has some more complex mechanics and a combo system that will make the fighting more fun, but also harder to execute.

Yakenpants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

Graves is going to be a little easier to use, while Varus will be more rewarding. imo (and I may be wrong, lord knows I'm not the best at this game by any stretch of the imagination) Varus is far more fun to play. That doesn't mean I don't have fun playing graves (When I get to!) but idk., I feel a little better about myself when I win with Varus as opposed to when I win with Graves.

Zarthorn

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodleaf View Post
Graves is baby's first ad.

Until you get used to CSing graves will definitely make for easier play. His moves are also really simple to execute and don't really have a lot of gimmicks to them.

Varus is a little OP at the moment, but that will change in the next patch most likely. He on the other hand has some more complex mechanics and a combo system that will make the fighting more fun, but also harder to execute.

Whomever downvoted this guy is pretty dumb sorry to say because he's exactly spot on.

Graves is pretty easy to pick up and play and a very good start to learning an AD carry because his passive allows more room for error.

Varus however has a lot of skillshots, one of which (his Q) takes a bit of adjusting to for getting just right, but his teamfight presence is probably a little too much right now and he may see a tone down (I'm expecting to the range of his Q and the duration of his R between leaps being extended)

If you like Ezreal or Nidalee though, I highly recommend getting Varus, he's very similar in playstyle (Nidalee spears and Ez skillshots)

Ian Wind

05-12-2012

varus doesnt actually do that much damage at all lategame, which is sad but graves is pretty good in general.

Zarthorn

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i90s View Post
varus doesnt actually do that much damage at all lategame, which is sad but graves is pretty good in general.
He needs last whisper more than any other AD carry, In fact I'd consider it a core item (either that or a Brutalizer > Yomuu's since it'll help him trigger his passive in teamfights, etc)

Once he gets a bit of ArPen however, he pretty much decimates other squishies in teamfights in no short order (especially if he lands a good Q right before the initiation)

But yes Varus is a higher skillcap than say, Ashe, Graves and Caitlyn because of his lack of mobility, but with the right team, he is a litteral Kog' Maw.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

Graves. Varus is some sort of odd little emo kid. To hell with that guy. BEARDS AND SHOTGUNS FOREVER.

Graves is a good carry. Very good. Can't speak much for Varus. Haven't seen enough of him to know what he can really do.

Foofm

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i90s View Post
Personally, I think Varus's lategame damage is fine. You just have to pace yourself to pop
Blight to get the most out of his damage.

Auto x3 - Instant Q - Auto x3 - E, can be a ton of damage.

He also has some AoE potential with the Charge Q - R - E combo.

Xainest

05-12-2012

varus. he's OP

Gahlo

05-12-2012

If it's your first AD, pick up graves. Like people said he's very basic mechanically and very forgiving, so it'd be easier to get into the position that way.