Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

8/16/2010 - Practice Games With Fewer Than 4 Players Re-Enabled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solawind

08-16-2010

Don't know if this idea is worth it, but is there a way that the practice games, could become an offline feature that people can use so the servers don't take so much of a battering. If people were allowed to play practice as an offline function it would allow them to play anytime but it would also cause less people to leave actual games because they will be able to trial their games elsewhere not when other players actually want to play an online game.

Dzung

Recruiter

08-16-2010

how will i play 1v1 ARAM???

Sir Azural

08-16-2010

Quote:
Stexe:
Can't. People could abuse it if it wasn't server side. Unless they made it give no IP or XP but then I doubt ANYONE would use practice matches outside of actually practicing / tournament matches.

But that's what they're for...

Orthoclase

Recruiter

08-16-2010

Quote:
Stexe:
Can't. People could abuse it if it wasn't server side. Unless they made it give no IP or XP but then I doubt ANYONE would use practice matches outside of actually practicing / tournament matches.

Also, emulate GameSpy Arcade? Is that a joke? That service is BEYOND HORRIBLE. Try playing a game like Fallout Tactics on it... good luck trying to actually get to the "playing" phase!

honestly I always thought that practice games should be worth no IP/XP. I mean they could still make an offline version of a practice game that can be 1vbots and gives no points.

ErdoS The Wise

08-17-2010

Hasnt it been like this for a while? what;s the change?

Pilliy

08-17-2010

Why does this keep having to occur? Does the official server run Windows 95 or something?

Sir Azural

08-17-2010

Quote:
ErdoS The Wise:
Hasnt it been like this for a while? what;s the change?

They removed the requirement to have a certain number of players in practice games a few days ago.

Korthus

08-17-2010

I like how no one mentions how normal games are basically unplayable, unless you think flipping a coin is a good way to decide who wins. The lag is that bad...

edit: I guess I should mention I have around 60ms ping solid, so it's NOT me.

edit2: I also load maps quicker than anyone I've played with so far...so deff not a horsepower issue either.

ErdoS The Wise

08-17-2010

Quote:
Korthus:
I like how no one mentions how normal games are basically unplayable, unless you think flipping a coin is a good way to decide who wins. The lag is that bad...

edit: I guess I should mention I have around 60ms ping solid, so it's NOT me.

And your FPS? =p

Korthus

08-17-2010

Quote:
ErdoS The Wise:
And your FPS? =p

Is plenty. Enough to run all the latest and greatest in 1680x1050 with more or less max gfx settings. i.e. BFBC2, SC2, Crysis, Arma....need I go on? ;P