Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


8/16/2010 - Practice Games With Fewer Than 4 Players Re-Enabled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

08-16-2010

Due to the large number of players currently online, we've disabled practice games for fewer than 4 players to ensure that games with full teams on both sides will be able to start in a timely manner.

We will enable practice games for fewer than 4 players again when we feel that our servers can support the load from the number of users online in coordination with that game type.

EDIT 8/17/2010 12:00 PM PDT: We've enabled practice games with fewer than 4 players again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queen Chrysalís

Member

08-16-2010

you know, you may not need to worry about that, if a huge numer of the population leaves because of this, im not going to leave, but seriously. suggest a new server, the server yall have now must be tiny.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corpsicle

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Ya was hoping to practice Akali some more today but now I'm sad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelborn Ordo

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Quote:
Kayla Kros:
you know, you may not need to worry about that, if a huge numer of the population leaves because of this, im not going to leave, but seriously. suggest a new server, the server yall have now must be tiny.


I don't think they have enough money to buy new servers. Which is pretty sad, imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OniAngel

Member

08-16-2010

dang there goes 1v1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

Recruiter

08-16-2010

Lame. I just tried to start a practice game to test something and it wouldn't let me go... *sigh* I really hate testing things in Normal games because it can turn out bad and ruin other player's experience.

Hope you re-enable practice games with just bots soon!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kahimi

Senior Member

08-16-2010

hey guys, don't worry, i'm sure 1 player practice games will be available for purchase in the near future.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Descyphal

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Yeah, arguably the best thing about this game, was when one's spent a week getting the IP enough to buy the champs(especially with every new champ being super OP by comparison, and therefor a must-do for buying... at 3150-6300 IP)... Was trying them out without interruption, fail or the harassment of other players for doing so.

Also, LoL as a whole is entertaining and fun. If you want to ease up your load on the servers, make practice games clientside. They aren't on the records anyways. You could even just make solo practice, clientside. Connect to pvp.net, sure. But playing solo is hosted by the user. "Offline" style.

On a side note, if you make single player matches(vs bots/challenges) a purchase only availability, I can't think of any other reason to quit supporting this company. A good percentage of people quit playing altogether because they couldn't play solo, or with a single friend.

Bring back individualists gaming ability for your client. It's fuggin nonsensical to have 4+ only. Or, if you do have it 4+, make singles a peer-to-peer process.

To succeed in business, is to emulate, and perfect what other companies that have established themselves, do. Having server load issues? Try emulating GameSpy Arcade a little bit, and forward the connections, as opposed to host them, for practice games. At which point, any/every/all load issues will be solved through and through. As it'd be 15-25% less a loaf in total for your entire server bandwidth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TonyAlmeida

Member

08-16-2010

Quote:
Tinate:
Yeah, arguably the best thing about this game, was when one's spent a week getting the IP enough to buy the champs(especially with every new champ being super OP by comparison, and therefor a must-do for buying... at 3150-6300 IP)... Was trying them out without interruption, fail or the harassment of other players for doing so.

Also, LoL as a whole is entertaining and fun. If you want to ease up your load on the servers, make practice games clientside. They aren't on the records anyways. You could even just make solo practice, clientside. Connect to pvp.net, sure. But playing solo is hosted by the user. "Offline" style.

On a side note, if you make single player matches(vs bots/challenges) a purchase only availability, I can't think of any other reason to quit supporting this company. A good percentage of people quit playing altogether because they couldn't play solo, or with a single friend.

Bring back individualists gaming ability for your client. It's fuggin nonsensical to have 4+ only. Or, if you do have it 4+, make singles a peer-to-peer process.

To succeed in business, is to emulate, and perfect what other companies that have established themselves, do. Having server load issues? Try emulating GameSpy Arcade a little bit, and forward the connections, as opposed to host them, for practice games. At which point, any/every/all load issues will be solved through and through. As it'd be 15-25% less a loaf in total for your entire server bandwidth.


Agreed. I think for practice games should off load the bandwidth to the client side so that it takes the load off the main server. We know Riot is trying hard to maintain server stability and getting new hardware but at some point it gets ridiculous if it can't be sustained for a long period of time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

Recruiter

08-16-2010

Quote:
TonyAlmeida:
Agreed. I think for practice games should off load the bandwidth to the client side so that it takes the load off the main server. We know Riot is trying hard to maintain server stability and getting new hardware but at some point it gets ridiculous if it can't be sustained for a long period of time.


Can't. People could abuse it if it wasn't server side. Unless they made it give no IP or XP but then I doubt ANYONE would use practice matches outside of actually practicing / tournament matches.

Also, emulate GameSpy Arcade? Is that a joke? That service is BEYOND HORRIBLE. Try playing a game like Fallout Tactics on it... good luck trying to actually get to the "playing" phase!