Community: Why do you play Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JusTheory

05-23-2012

I like TT because I have a better chance of picking a fun champ or a champ I want to play. I don't have to play by the strict SR meta.

Goldenhawk11

05-24-2012

I like Twisted Treeline for a number of reasons, though most of them were already listed.
1) The game length and play style is a nice halfway point between the frantic, constant fighting of Crystal Scar, and the longer, more drawn out gameplay of Summoner's Rift.
2) I usually have two friends online which I play with regularly, and I would much rather have a full team of people I trust, and communicate well with, than to have to take my chances with some friends and some randoms. I've had far too many bad experiences with poor players/trolls, or AFKers (the latter being especially prominent in Crystal Scar).
3) Many games of Twisted Treeline are not clear cut, and the advantage can switch between the two teams fairly often. While Crystal Scar definitely has this feature, Summoner's Rift is too often decided by the twenty minute mark.
4) Each player plays a very prominent role in the game. As a member of a team of three, every player has a sizable impact on the game's outcome. I feel like I have a much larger role on the team than I do in teams of 5 (whether that's Crystal Scar or Summoner's Rift).
5) I like the smaller map size. It's nice that I don't have to take lots of time to get to a team fight, only to catch it at the end.

Really, I think this is a nice game mode, and I wish Riot would pay more attention to it...as was mentioned earlier, some champions balanced for Summoner's Rift end up being incredibly OP for Twisted Treeline, and it makes some games over far too quickly. Hopefully Riot starts paying attention to it, instead of constantly neglecting it and Crystal Scar in favor of Summoner's Rift...

Eliand

05-24-2012

I play 3v3 when I have 2 friends on instead of 4 or 1. Dominion is just boring, strategy is completely different from SR or TT and I don't like having to relearn the game. TT is also fun because of how powerful early/mid game and tanky champions are.

Natsu Ðragneel

05-25-2012

i cant play with a unlock screen lol

PrometheanRage

05-25-2012

Hmm. I love Dominion, although I am somewhat tired of it at the moment and I am taking a break. TT is a lot of fun, except when your teammates / opponents want to turtle in base for 45 minutes.

Why would I play TT over CS? Sometimes pushing towers down, having an irreversible impact is nice as opposed to king of the hill forever.

Why play TT over SR? The team size has a different feel to it. 3 people focusing you seems to be less of an instagib than 4+farmed carry - one feels more influential to some extent. Also, a tiny map that you can get to anywhere quickly is also fun.