Community: Why do you play Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nukemouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Another thing, on SR and to a lesser extent CS i can only feel like i contribute within certain roles, i used to quite enjoy tanking and support but now if i try to actually play those roles i get told off for not sitting back and letting everyone else get all the credit.
I hate SR and its ****ing meta that forces junglers and neuters supports, we need a return to the days of the pushing meta.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

constant teamwork...

we go on binges for weeks and then I just stop playing for a while until I forget how bad the map is unfortunately. I really like the playstyle and it's fun but it has so many flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukemouse View Post
Another thing, on SR and to a lesser extent CS i can only feel like i contribute within certain roles, i used to quite enjoy tanking and support but now if i try to actually play those roles i get told off for not sitting back and letting everyone else get all the credit.
I hate SR and its ****ing meta that forces junglers and neuters supports, we need a return to the days of the pushing meta.
lol this game has never had a pushing meta

Shentok

05-14-2012

I play it because it's a lot more engaging than Summoner's Rift.

Sessamo

05-14-2012

Because I am a masochist.

BeastEyee

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
I play 3s because it feels like a much tighter, closer knit team experience. It's me an 2 other people working together right from the get go to win.

In Dom/SR, there are other people who have very different roles, and they typically don't start to interact until like the 20-30 minute mark when team fights are happening.

But everything in TT is far more dependent and your two other team mates; it's a lot of fun.
I loved playing TT before. That is, until I hit lvl 30... Without a ranked 3v3 there just wasn't any incentive to play it anymore, same as dominion... (I hate playing premade, I have too many friends that rage and I can't ask them to stop cause I'm too well mannered...)

Thaiya

05-14-2012

I play it partly because of the "intimate" 3v3 setting (as others have mentioned) and partly because it feels action-packed from the beginning, whereas SR doesn't often have that feel until the 20-minute mark. Of course, SR players can still roam and gank frequently, but it's not a popular strategy, whereas in TT it seems to be the norm.

Thaiya

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post

lol this game has never had a pushing meta
I suppose you don't remember when Promote could be used on any minion. SR was sometimes a 5-smite, 5-promote push fest in mid.

Nukemouse

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaiya View Post
I suppose you don't remember when Promote could be used on any minion. SR was sometimes a 5-smite, 5-promote push fest in mid.
Getting to load screen to see Alistar, Nunu, Sivir, Taric and Gangplank/WW was not pleasant.
Though really the Pushing meta lasted slightly longer than 5man promote, rushing down towers remained a dominant tactic for some time.

James755

05-14-2012

It's smaller, and I'm able to play with a locked screen. If I could play with a locked screen on SR, then I might try it out.

Linkguy333

05-14-2012

cuz I love it