Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Community: Why do you play Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nukemouse

05-14-2012

Another thing, on SR and to a lesser extent CS i can only feel like i contribute within certain roles, i used to quite enjoy tanking and support but now if i try to actually play those roles i get told off for not sitting back and letting everyone else get all the credit.
I hate SR and its ****ing meta that forces junglers and neuters supports, we need a return to the days of the pushing meta.

USnip

05-14-2012

constant teamwork...

we go on binges for weeks and then I just stop playing for a while until I forget how bad the map is unfortunately. I really like the playstyle and it's fun but it has so many flaws.

Quote:
Nukemouse:
Another thing, on SR and to a lesser extent CS i can only feel like i contribute within certain roles, i used to quite enjoy tanking and support but now if i try to actually play those roles i get told off for not sitting back and letting everyone else get all the credit.
I hate SR and its ****ing meta that forces junglers and neuters supports, we need a return to the days of the pushing meta.

lol this game has never had a pushing meta

Shentok

05-14-2012

I play it because it's a lot more engaging than Summoner's Rift.

Sessamo

05-14-2012

Because I am a masochist.

BeastEyee

05-14-2012

Quote:
Riot Taco Storm:
I play 3s because it feels like a much tighter, closer knit team experience. It's me an 2 other people working together right from the get go to win.

In Dom/SR, there are other people who have very different roles, and they typically don't start to interact until like the 20-30 minute mark when team fights are happening.

But everything in TT is far more dependent and your two other team mates; it's a lot of fun.

I loved playing TT before. That is, until I hit lvl 30... Without a ranked 3v3 there just wasn't any incentive to play it anymore, same as dominion... (I hate playing premade, I have too many friends that rage and I can't ask them to stop cause I'm too well mannered...)

Thaiya

05-14-2012

I play it partly because of the "intimate" 3v3 setting (as others have mentioned) and partly because it feels action-packed from the beginning, whereas SR doesn't often have that feel until the 20-minute mark. Of course, SR players can still roam and gank frequently, but it's not a popular strategy, whereas in TT it seems to be the norm.

Thaiya

05-14-2012

Quote:
USnip:

lol this game has never had a pushing meta

I suppose you don't remember when Promote could be used on any minion. SR was sometimes a 5-smite, 5-promote push fest in mid.

Nukemouse

05-14-2012

Quote:
Thaiya:
I suppose you don't remember when Promote could be used on any minion. SR was sometimes a 5-smite, 5-promote push fest in mid.

Getting to load screen to see Alistar, Nunu, Sivir, Taric and Gangplank/WW was not pleasant.
Though really the Pushing meta lasted slightly longer than 5man promote, rushing down towers remained a dominant tactic for some time.

James755

05-14-2012

It's smaller, and I'm able to play with a locked screen. If I could play with a locked screen on SR, then I might try it out.

Linkguy333

05-14-2012

cuz I love it