ad caster vs ad carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TKG Bedwyr

05-11-2012

Me and my friend got into a discussion last night over ad casters and carries. He told me there is no difference because they "could" share the same build and potently do the same thing. His basic argument was that all a ad caster is is a carry with better abilites to add to their auto attack damage. I feel that most ad casters, when built ad caster, ( garen, pantheon, talon, urgot, . . . . ) use their abilities to do most of their damage and the auto attack is just a back up. His he right?

it basically started when talking about item builds for talon, i have decided from playing him that bloodthursters are the way to go, with soul shroud to help with mana and cooldown. I build 3 bt, soul shroud, cd boots, and last whisper and call it a day.

he feels i should build more for my auto attack and get cleaver, inf edge, bt, frozen mallet, att spd boots, and phantom dancer. And if i do build for my auto attack, I wont be spamming my abilities as much thus i shouldn't have mana problems.

so what do you think community, is there a such thing as a ad caster? or is it just a carry with damage dealing abilities?

Surge Summon

05-11-2012

lol soul shroud for talon 10/10 wp

Sangheneili

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

AD casters dont have autoattack steroids and often dont benefit from crit (The stat which makes AD carry damage insane)

Also AD casters tend to be melee and squishy (If they want to compete in damage) and thus are not the best choice vs an organised team.

Ben Caxton

05-11-2012

There is a difference between an ad caster and an ad carry.

You will probably want to build them differently, i.e raw dmg, cdr and less focus on crits.

However, I would never in my life consider Soul Shroud anywhere but ARAB/ARAM

KSHarrison

05-11-2012

Well it's basically like this:

AD casters are showers - they start strong but don't really scale too much into mid/late

AD carrys are growers - they look small at the start, but then they get really big as the match goes on.

TKG Bedwyr

05-11-2012

i just feel shroud helps better than the other mana items, that arn't ap. what else am i supposed to build to help with the mana troubles?

TKG Bedwyr

05-11-2012

so basically the community agrees with my standpoint that there is a line between ad casters and carries

KSHarrison

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Bedwyr View Post
i just feel shroud helps better than the other mana items, that arn't ap. what else am i supposed to build to help with the mana troubles?
Honestly this is a really cool idea to make the soul shroud worthwhile. If the Soul Shroud got 5% CDR for the user and 10% aura, or simply 15% for the user and, say, 600 health, I would buy it in some instances.

Not on Talon, though lol. You don't need so much defense on Talon because he instagibs everything and can ult when he's in trouble. You are wasting mana if you have mana troubles. If you go offense, you will deal more damage and use less mana in killing your opponent. And, money you spend on non-offensive items really weakens Talon because he needs to keep his instagib ability strong.

Relykz

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Bedwyr View Post
mana regen yellows

The Vikachu

05-11-2012

Soul Shroud on Talon? >_<

Anyways, the idea is that AD Casters ONLY benefit from AD and Armor Pen, while AD Carries also benefit from Attack Speed and Crit.