Padlock, The Master Forger

1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GjommyFuFu

05-10-2012

Before you do anything, please read this. I'm aware that some people will be viewing this thread. If you're coming here, please tell me what you think of it. If you're here to read the concept, I'd like you to leave 100% honest feedback. I can take it, trust me. If you have any suggestions that will aid in character depth, or to balance his stats or skills, let me know.
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Champion Review Thread here!! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2191347

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1000+ views! Thanks so much!
2500+ views! Dang!!!
5000+ views!!!!
What does the scanner say about my views? It's OVER 9000!!!
10,000 VIEWS. o.o WOW
15,000 VIEWS. We're getting WAY high up there. Jesus!

74 thumbs up.. Are you guys kidding me? ♥ You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for the feedback!!!!

*All similarities to other champs are coincidence and your paranoia getting to you. :P

Padlock is a CC based tank whose sole purpose is to provide a great asset to any team fight with great disruption and immense crowd control abilities.

Role: Melee, Tank, Bruiser

Overview:
Health: High

Attack: Medium

Difficulty: Average

Spells: Medium

Recommended Items:
Ninja Tabi, Locket of the Iron Solari, Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Cape, Maw of Malmortius, Zephyr
Name:  Ninja Tabi.png
Views: 815
Size:  3.5 KBName:  locket-of-the-iron-solari.png
Views: 739
Size:  4.3 KBName:  randuins-omen.png
Views: 720
Size:  3.6 KBName:  sunfire-cape.png
Views: 727
Size:  4.2 KBName:  maw-of-malmortius.png
Views: 727
Size:  10.0 KBName:  zephyr.png
Views: 730
Size:  9.2 KB

Recommended Summoners:
Name:  flash.png
Views: 729
Size:  12.9 KBName:  teleport.png
Size:  13.2 KB

Stats:
Health: 440 (+95.00/lvl)

Health Regen: 7.0 (+0.9/lvl)

Armor: 18.00 (+3.25/lvl)

Magic Resist: 30.00 (+1.25/lvl)

Attack: 55 (+3.1/lvl)

Attack Speed: 0.621 (+1.1%/level)

Mana: 250 (+25.00lvl)

Mana Regen: 7.0 (+0.5/lvl)

Range: 125

Speed: 300

*Padlock's basic attacks are a mighty swing with his hammer.

Ability Set:

Name:  padlock-passive.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  4.3 KB
Anvil's Mark (Innate):
Padlock's abilities add Anvil's Marks to opponents which last for 10 seconds. An opponent has 10%/15%/20% reduced damage for 2 seconds upon receiving 5 Anvil's Marks. In addition to damage reduction, all allied champions deal an additional 5%/10%/15% damage to the marked target. For each Anvil's Mark an opponent has received prior to 5, the afflicted target deals a reduced 2%/4%/6%/8% damage to Padlock, and Padlock's damage increases by 1%/2%/3%/4% to the target. The scaling of damage reduction increases at level 11 and 16.

((This means for the Anvil's Marks 1-4, the damage reduction and attack damage increase will be 2%/4%/6%/8% per mark, and 1%/2%/3%/4% per mark, to Padlock alone.))

Name:  padlock-skill-q.jpg
Size:  4.6 KB
Swing of the Forge (Q):
Padlock heats his weapon with fires from the forge and swings it relentlessly, dealing 25/50/75/100/125 (0.8 per attack damage) physical damage to target enemy, slowing the target's movement speed by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% for 3 seconds, and adding an Anvil's Mark to the inflicted target.

Mana Cost: 75/90/105/120/135 Cooldown: 8/8/8/8/8 seconds Range: 450

Name:  padlock-skill-w.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  1.7 KB
Hammer Clash (W):
Padlock swings his hammer backward, striking the anvil on his back, sending out a reverberation dealing 70/90/110/130/150 (0.6 per attack damage and 0.6 per ability power) magic damage. All enemies damaged by Hammer Clash receive an Anvil's Mark.

Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Cooldown: 21/18/15/12/9 seconds Range: 400

((To clarify for the "plebeians" out there.. This is an AOE skill. Such as Malphite's Ground Slam.))

Name:  padlock-skill-e.jpg
Size:  4.5 KB
Flailing Anvils (E):
Padlock takes the anvil off his back, swinging it around his body, dealing 50/55/60/75/100 (0.75 per ability power) physical damage every second for 2 seconds to nearby enemies. At the end of the duration, Padlock drops the anvil stunning nearby enemies for 1 second. This ability will add an Anvil's Mark every time an enemy champion receives damage from this ability.

Mana Cost: 90/100/110/120/130 Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds Range: 360

((This ability can apply a max of 3 Anvil's Marks. 2 from the AOE and 1 from the stun.))
((As for the stun, it works as Jax's Counter Strike would work. All nearby enemies are stunned.))

Name:  padlock-skill-r.jpg
Size:  4.2 KB
Into the Forge (R):
Padlock tosses his anvil in the air, swinging his hammer and hitting it to a target location, dealing 150/250/350 (0.3 per attack damage) physical damage, applying an Anvil's Mark to units it passes through. Upon reaching target location, the anvil slams into the ground, stunning all nearby enemies for 1/1.5/2 seconds.

Mana Cost: 125/155/185 Cooldown: 140/110/90 seconds Range: 850 Radius: 330

((The damage dealt is the same to every champion hit, including the stun. This means, enemies it passes through are dealt the same amount of damage as those the anvil lands on.))

((The landing of the anvil counts as "passing through an enemy" just like Olaf's Undertow does, so an Anvil's Mark will be applied in the AOE stun.))

Lore:

"He surely has forged the world's finest weapons. Time will remember him well." - Zilean, The Chronokeeper

Along the hillsides of Demacia, hidden deep within the mountains and shrouded by the millions of trees, a small pillar of smoke rises from the tree-line. Off in the distance, a small light can be seen flickering from within the forest. There, contented in solitude, lies the quaint house of the noble, kind-hearted, once great forger of Demacia, Padlock. To the residents of Demacia, the smoke smoldering from the forest does not cause alarm, for they know that Padlock's smoke resembles a beacon of safety and security. The weapons master is hard at work, forging weapons for the armies, to help protect them. But one fateful day, that smoke disappeared from the tree-line. The citizens of Demacia grew fearful, not knowing what had happened to Padlock. It was on that day that the Summoners of the League of Legends arrived. The summoners, hastily headed toward the blacksmith's forested hut, fighting their way through the dense forest. Within little to no time, the summoners arrived at the noble blacksmith's home. There they found a very weak pillar of smoke protruding from the chimney of the hut, the door to the home ajar. But alas, the hut is empty. The smoke receding from the chimney are the last of the remnants of the weak fire that lay brewing in Padlock's forge. Amongst the walls of the forging room hang the weapons of the greatest warriors, bathing in the light of the fire they were once forged from.

"So.. You've come for me, have you?" emits a booming, noble dwarfish voice from the shadows of the forge.

"Padlock.. The armies of Demacia are in need of your skills once more. You are needed on the Field's of Justice." the summoners reply to the darkness.

Emerging from the shadows walks Padlock, standing well above the two Summoners, a blacksmith hammer in his right hand. Connected by a rope wrapped around his chest, a large anvil hangs off of his back.

"If you have come for me.. More than my weapons are needed. I will, with great pleasure.. March on the Fields of Justice along side the armies of Demacia."

Possible Quotes:
"A warrior is only as great as his weapon. We don't see the Demacian army carrying around brooms, do we?" - Padlock

"Valoren will thank me one day, once my weapons bring Noxus to justice." - Padlock

Appearance:
Padlock takes on the appearance of half human, half dwarf. Chiseled with a typical dwarf features, his body is built to that of a human. His face adorns a full, deep red dwarven beard (Plaits and all). He is of a muscular build and stands quite tall wearing standard medieval blacksmith attire
((ART IS ON THE WAY!!))
Name:  padlock_unfinished_splash_art.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  349.4 KB

Skin Ideas:
Big Band Padlock
Padlock's appearance changes to a less rugged look, cleaning up his beard and hair and replaces his general attire for a typical marching band outfit. His anvil is replaced with a marching band drum, and his hammer with a bass drumstick.

Forgefire Padlock
Padlock's appearance changes to a more, semi apocalyptic look, losing some hair to his beard and changing the overall style of it. Over his eyes, he adorns a pair of reflective goggles, flames flickering in them. His general attire sticks somewhat the same, changing them to be a little more dark and ratty. Last but not least, his anvil is replaced with a GIANT MO'F*CKING FORGE, and his hammer becomes adorned with heated stone and crystal inlays.
(See art for full ideal)
Name:  Awesome Padlock Skin.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  601.1 KB Very special thanks to "AtomicToaster42" for making this FREAKING AMAZING art. :D

Tips and Tricks:

For Playing Padlock:

- To be efficient in team fights, Padlock requires to put himself at risk and dive into the middle of the team, applying as many Anvil's Marks as possible. Using his ultimate (Into The Forge) and his other skill Flailing Anvils will allow you to both stun the enemy team AND apply multiple marks. Initiating with Into The Forge and following up with Flailing Anvils will give your team a massive advantage. Nothing like a 3 second stun lock.

- In order for Padlock's passive skill to work for his team, he require 5 Anvil's Marks. Try your best to use your Q on the main focus of the enemy team to gain extra marks against them. This will make applying the rest of the marks easier.

- Build Padlock as tanky as possible, or else you won't be able to get deep into those teamfights and do your job. You are the tank after all.

For Playing Against Padlock:

- Padlock requires 5 Anvil's Marks to give his team it's full damage increase/reduction buff/rebuff, so try not to stay too clumped together in a team fight, or it will make it easy for him to apply his marks.

- Padlock's ranges are fairly short, so if you are laning against him, make sure to bring someone with longer range than him.

Speech and Hotkeys:

*Padlock has a deep, booming, noble sounding voice with a slight dwarfish accent. ((Think Gimli for LotR, only a little lower.))

Upon Selection:
"In need of a weapon?"

Movement:
"Not so fast.. This anvil's heavy.."
" *huff huff* I'm going!"
" *huff huff* I'm moving!!"
"I knew I should have packed a lighter anvil.."
"This anvil's getting heavy.."
"Going as fast as I can, Summoner.."
"For Demacia! ..One last time."

Attacking:
"A striking blow!"
"You feel that!?"
"Striking Precision.."
"Hammer time!"

Upon casting Hammer Clash:
"CLANG!"
"Yer ears ringing?"
"You hear that!?"

Upon activating Flailing Anvils:
"Wheee!"
"Wh-Whoa!"

Taunt:
"My hammer's name is Coward.. I named it after you."
"My forge will make a fitting burial ground for your corpse."

Joke:
"Don't forget to take some extra.. IRON today! *laughs to himself*"
"I forgot to take my Iron pill today... *pretends to nibble on his anvil*"

Dance:
Padlock swings the anvil around from his back, onto his front and begins to play it like a marching band drum. While doing so, he also does the typical march back and forth in a small circle.

Upon Death:
Padlock falls backward, breaking his back on his anvil, screaming in agony.

- - -

Like I said, I am open to any sort of ideas on balancing him, and such. So PLEASE leave your input.

And in payment for your feedback, please feel free to leave your OWN ideas, so that we can help each other.
- Gjom

GjommyFuFu

05-11-2012

Change Log:

May 6, 2012
- Anvil's Mark (Innate) ability reworked to give additional attack damage as well as incoming damage reduction. (Thank you "Litial" for the idea.)
- Anvil's Mark (Innate)'s percentages dropped to 10%/15%/20% from 15%/20%/25%. (2%/4%/6%/8% from 3%/5%/8%/10% for Padlock alone).
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 318 to 300.
- Added content to the Appearance aspect of Padlock.

May 13, 2012
- Dance idea added. (Thank you "kwikluck" for the idea.)

May 15, 2012
- Added a skin idea. "Big Band Padlock" (Thank you "Cody The Kirby" for the idea.)

May 20, 2012
- Flailing Anvils duration increased to 2 seconds, but damage changed to be dealt every second for two seconds.
- Into The Forge's base damage increased to 150/250/350 from 100/200/300.
- Flailing Anvils has an added description to better clarify the skill.
- Padlock's voice description edited/tweaked slightly.

May 21, 2012
- Lore added (Please be sure to critique that as well, if you find something wrong with it).

May 25, 2012
- Lore edited for spelling errors and grammatical errors. -.- (Freudian Slip..)

June 6, 2012
- Into The Forge's wording reworked to make sense. Additional information added to ensure understanding.
- Anvil's Mark's wording reworked to make more sense. Additional reworking added to ensure understanding.

June 7, 2012
- Added pictures to Recommended Items section.

June 9, 2012
- Added icons for skill set. (Special thanks to CRAZYRUSSIAN (hiveworkshop.com) for the icons.)

June 10, 2012
- Added information on how Padlock applies his basic attacks. (Can be found directly before the Ability Set.)

June 12, 2012
- Swing of the Forge's slow mechanic increased from 7%/10%/13%/16%/20% to 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%.

June 13, 2012
- Fixed typo in Flailing Anvils. The word anvil magically replaced itself with the word anchor. LOL
- Added skin idea. "Forgefire Padlock". (Image by "AtomicToaster42" Freaking AWESOME job man!)

June 17, 2012
- Hammer Clash's AP ratio increased from 0.5 to 0.7.
- Flailing Anvils' AP ratio increased from 0.65 to 0.75.

June 22, 2012
- Added Recommended Summoners to the concept.

July 5, 2012
- Reworded Swing of the Forge so that some people could stop nagging about reckless/target being too indifferent..
- Added additional description to Hammer Clash to better understand skill usage.
- Added a new section: Tips and Tricks to show how to play with and against Padlock.
- Changed Hammer Clash's physical damage and ability power ratio to 0.6 AD and 0.6 AP from 0.5 AD and 0.7 AP.

- - -

August 19, 2013
- Changed 'Recommended Items' to better suit Season III.
- Reattached broken images.
- REVIVED THIS CHAMPION!
- Added more phrases to the 'Speech' section.
- Added more art to the 'Appearance' section. (Unfinished, but still)

Laicamir

05-11-2012

I really like your Idea for a champion. Perhaps his passive could improve his teams attacks slightly, improved weapons and such.

GjommyFuFu

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litial View Post
I really like your Idea for a champion. Perhaps his passive could improve his teams attacks slightly, improved weapons and such.
Hm.. That actually sounds like a good idea. I'm definitely going to consider changing that around.

Edit: I made it so!

Terratr0n

05-12-2012

Interesting "skill's stacks" hero. (brand-type stuff)
Scaling on all skills are pretty good for a fighter. It keeps the balance in check so Padlock doesn't absolutely DESTROY the enemy team in 1 combo. Also, and again, the stacks of anvil make Padlock a true fighter in a team fight, which is made to skirmish with the enemy looking for opportunities while having a presence. These marks also give him his ability to tank as well, so good on you for making the passive definitive to Padlock.
Where he would lane is beyond me, and it hurts to see him have no sustain if he were to top like a true bouse-ass fighter/melee.

Have you seen Kerek?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=kerek

Check out this badboy too (was havin fun with this one)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=tegral

ricH0chet

05-12-2012

overall really nice, base health or health per lvl may need reducing

GjommyFuFu

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricH0chet View Post
overall really nice, base health or health per lvl may need reducing
You really like making me fiddle with the little things, don't you?
The health per level is actually lower than Warwick, but he has 12 more base health than him.

Warwick:
Health: 428 (+98.0/lvl) = 2094 @ L18

Padlock:
Health: 440 (+95.0/lvl) = 2055 @ L18

At the end of the day, Padlock actually has LESS base health than Warwick. Don't take that negatively, I'm just making a point to counteract your statement.

GjommyFuFu

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terratr0n View Post
Interesting "skill's stacks" hero. (brand-type stuff)
Scaling on all skills are pretty good for a fighter. It keeps the balance in check so Padlock doesn't absolutely DESTROY the enemy team in 1 combo. Also, and again, the stacks of anvil make Padlock a true fighter in a team fight, which is made to skirmish with the enemy looking for opportunities while having a presence. These marks also give him his ability to tank as well, so good on you for making the passive definitive to Padlock.
Where he would lane is beyond me, and it hurts to see him have no sustain if he were to top like a true bouse-ass fighter/melee.

Have you seen Kerek?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=kerek

Check out this badboy too (was havin fun with this one)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=tegral
Haha, laning.. I'd either jungle him or top lane him, honestly. His ganks would be sub-par to terrible, but.. At level 6 they could be okay.
I would most likely top lane him like I do Malphite.

(In regards to your Champion Concepts, I will definitely check them out.)

I tried for about 4-5 hours trying to figure out a fair working for his passive and abilities without making it seem like he just renders damage useless.
This is my final product, and I think that it came out quite well.
I wanted to make sure that if you WANTED to build in an off tank/damage (such as Atmog's) it would be viable.

You have no idea how happy this response made me, knowing someone likes this champion almost as much as I do.
Thank you for your feedback Summoner!

CornballPaladin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

I love the fact that this champ is a blacksmith. When I play games, smithing is usually my favorite skill, so yeah, I already love this champion.... Plus he's a tank!

Padlock's innate, Anvil's Mark, is quite interesting. I feel like some people, the people that no one likes because they always complain, will cry unfair/OP. I, however, really like that passive. It's a good team-support skill.

I feel no need to comment on the rest of the skills except to say that they seem UP. With all your skills maxed you'll be doing about half the damage other champions do with their abilities.
I know he is a bruiser, but he's a tank to and he doesn't seem like he'd be that much of a threat (except for his passive and the stun on his R) in a team fight.
I don't know, perhaps I'm just reading too much into it. :P

By the way, when I read the name of this topic I was thinking of a thief type person.
Padlock the Master Forger. Forger makes me think of, for example, a thief who would forge a signature or a key, etc.
What about Padlock the Master Smith?

GjommyFuFu

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornballPaladin View Post
I love the fact that this champ is a blacksmith. When I play games, smithing is usually my favorite skill, so yeah, I already love this champion.... Plus he's a tank!

Padlock's innate, Anvil's Mark, is quite interesting. I feel like some people, the people that no one likes because they always complain, will cry unfair/OP. I, however, really like that passive. It's a good team-support skill.

I feel no need to comment on the rest of the skills except to say that they seem UP. With all your skills maxed you'll be doing about half the damage other champions do with their abilities.
I know he is a bruiser, but he's a tank to and he doesn't seem like he'd be that much of a threat (except for his passive and the stun on his R) in a team fight.
I don't know, perhaps I'm just reading too much into it. :P

By the way, when I read the name of this topic I was thinking of a thief type person.
Padlock the Master Forger. Forger makes me think of, for example, a thief who would forge a signature or a key, etc.
What about Padlock the Master Smith?
You're also forgetting the stun off of his E as well, summoner.

Also, I wouldn't call it too underpowered. The ratios are fair and, depending on the build, (the recommended one) he would have a substantial amount of damage to put out.
I'm not disregarding your comment, but we really wouldn't know how good he would be, unless he was IN League of Legends.

Now that you mention it, it could go both ways. ("Like a bisexual." Thank you Ted, that was the joke..) But in all honesty, I believe the forger gives him that more.. 'noble' feel to it. Y'know? Like he's a noble blacksmith/forger of the Demacian army.

1234511 ... 29