Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Varus, how good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psycho1219

05-10-2012

Where do you guys think Varus ranks against other AD carries? How much does not having a "gap closer" like say graves(E), corki(W), cait(E), etc. hurt him?

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

05-10-2012

Well, as far as winning every single game goes, you're probably still better off picking Graves.

That said, he's not too bad.

Tyler Perry

Recruiter

05-10-2012

Varus' Q does ridiculous damage.

He has bad escape, unless he blows his ult.

Ruincrear

05-10-2012

I think he's okay. Still getting some things down. However, he may start to really fall off as time goes on. Once everyone realizes what he's capable of.

Like Nautius. First week was all wins, always positive. A month later, it's much harder to succeed.

TB Wolf

05-10-2012

Corki's W is his gap closer btw.

I think he's pretty decent... He just gets fully beat out late game by other AD carries in terms of DPS, and they will rape him in teamfights if given the chance. His main power is in lane, and if you have a decent tank line, I guess teamfights are good with his E/R, but if you don't have a strong tank line to defend, then you're kinda ****ed.

Oh, and you have to be able to land his Q.

Alma

05-10-2012

the only problem is, much like Kog, he has problems escaping. he isnt very fast, and nothing to stop a mee dps from getting on him, except his ult.

Xolic

05-10-2012

It hurts him as much as it hurts Kog, Ashe and MF

I would pick him if facing a tanky team and Kog and Vanye are not available.

Miss Hilton

05-10-2012

The one time I played him I got a penta. Not sure if he's good or I'm lucky, cuz I normally suck at AD carries.
Granted it was in a normal game. I find him to be fun and good, but my opinion is usually not worth much

Psycho1219

05-10-2012

Quote:
TB Wolf:
Corki's W is his gap closer btw.

My bad lol. Edited it to W.

Dragonmount

05-10-2012

Quote:
Ruincrear:
I think he's okay. Still getting some things down. However, he may start to really fall off as time goes on. Once everyone realizes what he's capable of.

Like Nautius. First week was all wins, always positive. A month later, it's much harder to succeed.

Naut is sleeper OP as **** right now. He's very scary and I'd rank him in the top-15 best picks for solo queue.

As far as Varus.. in solo queue.. in order

T1: Kog'maw, Graves
T2: Corki, Varus/Ashe, Cait, MF
T3: Sivir, Ezreal, Vayne

As far as utility goes.. Varus and Ashe are clearly #1. This makes them exceptional against certain opponents (Varus vs Kennen for example..).