Creating minion swarms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiffy McBang

08-16-2010

I want to do this so badly. x.x Just lost a game almost solely due to the fact we often needed someone to go clear a side lane and the other team just rampaged through mid while we were shorthanded. It seems like when I do it, the pile moves forward, but ends up creating a bigger pile that comes back at us without apparent player interference.

I've seen the odd mention that turrets help swarms start, but the enemy Shaco was doing it near the middle of the lane. So far I've figured out that you have to do it in your half, and you have to leave some creeps alive for yours to kill so the reinforcements have time to catch up. I would think, logically, that you need to leave a higher number of enemy minions the farther down the lane you are, since your troops have to march farther to catch up. But maybe that doesn't matter and you should leave just as many alive regardless of where you start it.

I'm wondering if this is all correct, and if possibly someone knows the general ratio of your troops versus theirs that will lead to a solid swarm.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

Kill the caster creeps. They do more damage, but dont tank as much as the melee minions.

Asuran

08-16-2010

Also care when creating swarms. If you start doing it early essentially you're giving a good creep killing champion a moving gold buffet.

Asylumseeker

08-16-2010

I wouldnt advise making them on purpose. When i play Morgana i love it when they occur. Huge amounts of cash from just one spell is always really nice Most teams will have atleast 2 players that can AoE entire waves easily.

Spiffy McBang

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
I wouldnt advise making them on purpose. When i play Morgana i love it when they occur. Huge amounts of cash from just one spell is always really nice Most teams will have atleast 2 players that can AoE entire waves easily.
I'm usually one of those players, since my three unlocks are Annie, Blitz, and Tristana. I understand perfectly well the joys of running into a huge minion wave. But having to do that takes me out of the teamfight going on, which is the entire point of creating the swarm in the first place. And if I don't go- which, really, I shouldn't, since at least Annie and Blitz tend to be very important in brawls- it usually ends up being an Olaf or something who takes forever to clear them. Or no one does and the turret goes down.

So, yes, it's often very helpful even at the risk of loading an enemy up with 200-400 quick gold.

tCOperator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2010

Another effective method for creating a minion swarm is to play Alistar, since he has an AOE heal; it's not as big a heal as it used to be, but it can still cause your minions to pile up like the I-5 during rush-hour.

Arcanist

08-17-2010

Just keep killing enemy creep waves until you are confident that yours will snowball to the enemy's tower.

malphismia

08-17-2010

Kill 2-3 enemy creep waves on top/bot.

Push the opposite lane (bot or top) . 1-2 greedy champs will rather get the the gold from the creep wave on the other side of the map rather than defend their tower. Push/Force a teamfight. While dead, enemy complains that their ally should've helped teamfight instead of farming. One of them ragequits.

This happens all the time. Sometimes you're on the team with the ragequitter though

tian709865

06-06-2011

i want to do this

biomorph

06-06-2011

Stand between two creep waves tanking some damage ... kill the wave but not too fast, when next wave arrive burn abilities and clear that wave and then go do whatever...
Especially kill the cannon creep asap.
This way when you leave you have 2-3 creep waves piled on.