Why do I always have to jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferrum24

05-10-2012

Right now I'm lvl 15 (not a smurf, completely new to lol), yet i took the time to learn how to jungle in case it was needed.

Well guess what?

It's always needed.

Every game I join I feel forced to play jungle becasue no one else will step up. So far my LoL experience has been defined by jungling, which is challenging and fun, yes, but gets old after a while (and severely limits the range of champs. i can play). I feel that if I don't jungle our team is just going to get stomped, and it is usually because of my jungling that we get ganks, etc.

So is this just a result of just playing with other lower levels?

And can anyone suggest a champion that would be good for solo que
Right now I'm best with Warwick / Udyr but was thinking of getting Lee Sin

ChiefMasterKush

05-10-2012

Yup not many people enjoy jungling or even know how and at lower levels that is even more so. And yes the jungler is the one creating the ganks because they are constantly roaming around the map. Part of being a good jungler is roaming the right areas of the map in order to be in position in case an opportunity for a gank comes up. Like if a lane is pushing or being aggressive. Lee Sin is a great jungler because of his ganks and is usually very strong at the lower levels (elo and champ), also a great top lane choice. I personally jungle with Singed but that requires some good armor runes which at your level are hard to come by.

That being said at the lower levels it is not the most important thing to have a jungler but then you have two ppl top lane. Just play whats you enjoy and/or want to try and if you don't always have a jungler so be it.

I picked a jungler once in draft mode hoping someone would take top (they would not talk) but the last two both picked mid lane champs and went mid.. didnt split up. So i was stuck top lane/jungle.

Don't be too worried about team comp.

If you don't tell ppl you can jungle someone may step up to fill the role, but then if no one is volunteering its probably because they are not confidant at it.

Ofermod

05-10-2012

If I recall, low levels don't typically have a lot of people who know how to jungle. Having a jungler on the team seemed to be the exception, not the rule.

Of course, even at 30, the team still doesn't wind up with a jungler (or proper comp at all) some times, so...

ChiefMasterKush

05-10-2012

Yes a lot of the League are stubborn players. I never jungle'd until one day someone told me i could play my fav char in the jungle, Singed I have since learned some others Udyr mainly. So for me if Singed is not banned I have no problem filling that role.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

You'll have to jungle almost every game up until you get level 22 or so... and then from then on you'll find that many other people will LOVE to jungle. Most new players don't jungle and just lane.

Leonixxiii

05-10-2012

First off, kudos to you for learning jungle so early... Like been said the roll isnt mandatory, but a nice perk, especialy if the other team has one, and even better if they dont... Lee is boss, but high skill... If you like Udyr/WW, then I say try Malphite, Nunu, or Rammus as all are easy IP to grab, and quick to learn.

JevelFaithful

05-10-2012

Traditionally, I don't think you see a lot of jungling before the later levels.
Is it really worth it to jungle at your level? With so few people doing it (do you see a lot of enemy jungling?), I'd say you can just go 2-1-2 in lanes, forget jungling if you don't feel like it. It will work well enough. You can always go and gank after that. Or just start jungling at lvl 5-6 when most champs can jungle anyway.

xCelent

05-10-2012

Jungling is not very common in lower levels. It's not even a requirement for your team comp: many level 30 teams do just fine without a jungler. If you don't want to jungle, then don't. In my opinion, the only time you NEED a jungler is in ranked.

As for solo queue: Play champions you are good with. In my experience thats the best way to go. If you can dominate eveyone you tend to win more games.

accuracy1st

05-10-2012

i hear you bro. 85 percent of my games i am forced to play jungle. and that other 15 percent of times 5 percent there was no jungler and just wanted a game with no jungler, and 10 percent someone else picked a jungler.

I don't get it. when i jungle i actually farm more if not nearly as good as mid, people always want mid cause it farms well. So you would think they would choose jungle more often.

I enjoy it, but when playing a champ that can't jungle like leona. Sometimes i really want to play her, so bad i will do it instead despite there being no jungler.

HartZ71

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Best advice i could give is to buy lee sin quickly. If you play him from 15 to level 30, and get really, and i mean REALLY good at jungling him, you WILL roflstomp in ranked solo queue.