Fizz Counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

05-11-2012

I liked playing Malzahar against him. Malz will outfarm him pretty hard and can let his E bounce around and keep Fizz away.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

I find Ryze and Morgana to be a good counter. Ryze can root him when he commits = instant gank and morgana can q him and he can't leap over it.

I thought Anivia might be able too, but a good fizz will dodge your Q every time and just destroy you.

Sapphyrite

05-11-2012

I personally have found Ziggs to be quite a good counter. Just staying back and harassing with your Q (gotta be able to land it, however), and drop mines under your feet if he tries to dash, you can slowly whittle his health until he's too low to engage. Just make sure to play very safely, don't risk at all and back off to heal if you're <50% hp.

stàr

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggochiggo View Post
I find Ryze and Morgana to be a good counter. Ryze can root him when he commits = instant gank and morgana can q him and he can't leap over it.

I thought Anivia might be able too, but a good fizz will dodge your Q every time and just destroy you.
I pick fizz vs morg all the time, e does dodge q so idk what you are talking about and morgana will never be in position to kill fizz, its almost impossible for her to land q and fizz can lvl e first making him one of the strongest pushers in game(he needs blue) and he can dodge her r and his shark stays on her even with her shield up

Azellos

05-12-2012

fizz would destroy anivia. Anivia's ult is ground-based, her wall wont stop a good fizz, and her Q/E can be dodged/evaded with E.

In general, you dont want champs that have easy to dodge abilities, because fizz only needs to click E to become invincible (Even from targettables like kass Q, which makes fizz very unique). Thus he counters many Ap mids.

Mambazo

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphyrite View Post
I personally have found Ziggs to be quite a good counter. Just staying back and harassing with your Q (gotta be able to land it, however), and drop mines under your feet if he tries to dash, you can slowly whittle his health until he's too low to engage. Just make sure to play very safely, don't risk at all and back off to heal if you're <50% hp.
This. Ziggs is a good counter. High range for when Fizz isn't in your face. Mines under feet for when he is. Also a powerful escape that pushes fizz back and you forward when you need it.

SaveTheMaids

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azellos View Post
Fizz counters kass hard. Kass goes to silence, Fizz goes E>W/Q and autos, then backs off. Even if Kass does his E, fizz will come out on top of the trade every time.
Yeah, just found this out last game.
Wish I would have known this beforehand, but I just don't see Kassadin enough to know his counters.

If only I would have switched lanes with him we probably would have won that game.
The enemy Fizz got fed and snowballed from there.

Every mistake is a lesson I guess.

smercjd

05-24-2012

dude, I play Fizz and I know who I have trouble with. A good malzahar that properly uses his E and stays a good safe distance away can do well at first...once Fizz reache's 6 though, it's over.

Other than that, really good Riven players can do well against Fizz. Akali -- one was trying to say she was going to beat me solo top cause she always plays Akali -- like someone said above, assassin v assassin is really an even match. I destroyed Akali...but probably because she wasn't as good as she thought she was.

The best thing against fizz is CC. Stun in particular, Immobilize/Suppress secondary. Fizz is what I call a utility champion. He's extremly mobile. Running through minions, playful/trickster to jump twice away or back and forth, and his q if done right can either catch up to, or character THROUGH champions or minions. he's like Ezreal in a weird sense. So, stun him, the more the better. If he plays Fizz w cleanse and knows when/how to use cleanser, you're probably just screwed and should just hope for ganking him.

Church52

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
Viktor counters Fizz pretty well. Fizz cannot escape Viktor's ult, even with Playful/Trickster.
Ya I play Fizz all day every day, never lose mid unless against a Viktor or Vlad (he goes under the ground and wont be hit by ult) Sad days

dirtycatholic

05-25-2012

Definitely rhyze even w/o tons of MR becuz none of his abilities are skill shotz, which means fizz will likely only be able to dodge one ability. I play fizz tons but get absolutely face raped by rhyze. Additionally, galio does extremely well too (quite obviously a good counter to magic dmg anyway) unless fizz's jungler helps out a lot.