Karma help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

05-17-2012

The reason there isn't a set optimal AP build on her is because building AP on her isn't as good as building AP on other champs. She's underpowered, and the pro's haven't had a go with her.

The build I've had success with was rushing RoA, followed by a deathfire grasp, deathcap, and then tanky items to taste (she needs to be able to survive at close range). Wota is definatly a late game item, and you're picking it up as a support item, not as an item that's all that useful to you- karma just doesn't have reliable damage output to make spellvamp good as a sustain option.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
Karma NEEDS AP hardcore in order to be effective- and it's this reason that she's considered one of the weakest supports. Without farm, you're hard pressed to get the AP required for her skills to be effective.

One thing of note is that karma is a pretty bad support for a long range AD carry- all her skills are optimally used when your ally is in melee range with the enemy (and the leash helps your ally get into melee), and so she's really, from a design perspective, better at supporting a melee AD, than a ranged AD. Sadly, her heal isn't strong enough to deal with the harass you'll be getting if you try to lane like his, but during teamfights- considder this when choosing targets for your skills.
karma kayle?
how good would that be?

Aikimiller

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillutwice View Post
karma kayle?
how good would that be?
Pretty bad. Any good ranged AD would take you apart pretty darn hard. Ideally- Karma wants a high damage melee AD assassin style bursty guy with hard CC and a strong gap closer- someone like Xin Zao, or Pantheon. The basic combo is to have the AD gap close + CC, karma Mantra-Shields them for more damage, leashes the enemy to slow them and speed up the chasing ally, then throws down a mantra'+Q for more damage+heal. Then you pretty much just have to hope that was enough for a kill.

The only AD carry I've had good success with laning as Karma is Graves, and it's because he's got assassin level burst, and likes to be in close range where karma's spells actually are good. His passive combines well with shields too.

B SIDE

05-21-2012

The biggest problem with support Karma is that in order for her spells to be effective, your own lane partner has to know how to position themselves just right. For example, leashing an enemy provides a useful slow and can haste your lane partner if you manage some good positioning... but leashing your ally can haste your ally, slow your enemy AND do significant damage to your opponent IF your lane partner can position himself perfectly.

A big part of the responsibility for this positioning must fall on your lane partner since Karma is very slow- and even when she uses her leash she'll be farther away from the fight (and therefore less able to effect relative position) than any ally with a gap closer. A lane partner like graves who can effectively zone, close and burst- this is what you need for Karma to really shine in lane. And even when you and your team are capable of using this high skill cap play effectively, Karma is only _almost as good_ as other supports in lane.

Finding a lane partner in solo queue who understands Karma well (and can use that understanding to win) is rare, since support Karma isn't really a common pick.

I consider Karma one of the most entertaining and challenging champs to play, but she's poor pick for solo queue, and a situational pick at best for arranged teams. And as usual, if anything goes wrong in your lane, you can expect to be blamed for it even if better play from your carry would have reversed your fortunes entirely.

Insípid

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
Well you're right about building her AP but your AP build is awful.

There's no point to WOTA before team fighting sets in, starting with an amp tome is just a no-go and Abyssal Scepter just isn't something you rush. Especially not on a character who's a caster, and certainly not before some survivability. Karma's like Morganna in that sense- Abyssal's great on her once you know you can take a hit.

A cookie cutter Boots > survivability (WOTA or Rylai's. Preferably Rylai's) > Rabb's (amended as needed) build serves her best.
I didnt postt a build...

inuiyasha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Sometimes i have tried weird AD DPS build with Karma and it works well if u want to get more kills. But it should only be tried if u r going to play the role of AD carry. The AD output is not in abilities so make high attack speed. As for abilities max out the first one so that u could get heal to sustain yourself in the lane. This kind of build helps in taking turrets down and scoring skills as u don't have to wait for ability to refresh and u can kill enemies with basic attacks.

Eyezicc

05-23-2012

I am happy to see other Summoners taking interest and playing as my favorite support in the game, Karma. Some tips I have learned about her.

1) Karma is a hybrid AP Carry/Support and therefore has a unique build tree of her own that will maximize her effectiveness. Determine your build by what your team needs and the enemy team comp (Should you focus on the carry role or the support role or an equal mix?) However don't neglect AP if going support or CDR if going carry, Karma needs both in order to be effective.

2) TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF KARMA'S PASSIVE. Oh man do I love her passive, it makes her the best bait in the game imo and allows her to be supper deceptive and powerful at low health. Utilizing this mechanic can really make or break Karma play.

3) My rune setup if anyone is curious - x3 Glyph of Potency, x9 Marks of Insight, x9 Seals of Potency, x2 Glyphs of Insight, x7 Glyphs of Focus. (+10MPen, +20AP, and +4.5CDR) I either use a standard Support or AP carry mastery page depending on my team comp. This setup makes her early game quite potent and I just try to keep the steamrole moving forward.

4) xx B SIDE xx post about laning is very true and an additional challenge to Karma players.