Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Uninstall LoL NOW please!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masakan

05-12-2012

Quote:
GoodJibbCutter:
Ah... so it's you,
Hello, please consider playing a game you have time to put some effort into then, this is a team game you know;
If you feel you can only win when you are in your prime element, and the game you are playing isn't any fun otherwise,It is fully clear that if there's a possibility that you may lose this or any particular match, you want to end it all there and then.

Therefore, perhaps a moba game isn't the correct choice for the rapid turnover of games\hr that you so desire. Maybe a 1st person shooter like Battlefield or Metal of Honor would mean a more relative consistency for your desired gaming experience that suggests a lesser overall commitment to any one match and wont adversely affect the legitimate gamers experience- in return you wont be wasting yours, ours and everyone's time and effort because of a higher percentage of company that are looking for the same result as yourself.

Don't me wrong, I love and play these games also.
Equally I don't go into a game that requires full team focus for an undisclosed amount of time and then try to back out when things get a little bit hairy.

You see, moba is a strict team PvP strategy game, it's designed to be a mind****, dude.
I just feel that reevaluating your outlet for quick games in a hurry is worth considering...

As harsh as this guy is....he makes a good point. LoL is not the kind of game you can expect to just jumping play a few matches and enjoy yourself.

Playing LoL pretty much requires you to dedicate your life and soul to the game no matter what the outcome. As a result matches tend to feel like they drag on FOREVER!!!!! and in the event of a lopsided slaughter becomes less frustrating and more mind-numbingly tedious.

Obviously this is not the kind of game you want to play alone and more so not one you want to get obsessed over. If you feel like its doing more harm than good drop LoL and never look back you would be doing yourself a huge favor getting rid of this huge stress factor.

Syferfyre

Recruiter

05-12-2012

I've won several games as Akali carrying the team, with the opponents 10-15 kills ahead. I just tell my team what to do because at the point where it looks like we are going to lose, I almost always have the most kills and the least deaths, and most of the time they listen and we almost always end up winning the game. The problems come up when 4 people all surrender because they think they can't win, but in reality they can.

itsDozier

05-12-2012

I feel like the OP is mad.

KobuZero

05-12-2012

I've won hugr comeback games like that. We actualy beat a team all of us with terrible scores and the enemy team was fed to high hell. We won because of their own arrogance. They where toying with us and trying to farm kills and we just bullrushed their towers.

I also had a game like that my first time ever playing Rammus, who I was pretty decent with. We where down 30 kills and we pulled off a win. It was amazing, all because me and another guy kept saying no because we where having fun regardless of losing and we realized we could win and went for it.

GoodJibbCutter

05-12-2012

Quote:
KobuZero:
I've won hugr comeback games like that. We actualy beat a team all of us with terrible scores and the enemy team was fed to high hell. We won because of their own arrogance. They where toying with us and trying to farm kills and we just bullrushed their towers.

I also had a game like that my first time ever playing Rammus, who I was pretty decent with. We where down 30 kills and we pulled off a win. It was amazing, all because me and another guy kept saying no because we where having fun regardless of losing and we realized we could win and went for it.

Yea boi !!

AU Freo

05-16-2012

Quote:
Sephrinx:
Are you that guy who refuse to surrender even tho its 2-12 and they have taken 4 towers to your zero? One of those people who think somehow a miracle will happen and you will some how win?
I hate that guy.

Yesterday, I had a game, 4v5 and 2-24 at 20 mins in. After 1:15 mins, the four of us won. It happens. And it was actually the most fun game i've ever had.

Lanolaven

05-17-2012

I had 3 afk's in a ranked game at 1550 ELO. Had to wait close to 20 minutes for them to kill our nexus turrett.

I agree with some of the post that you said, but there should be earlier surrenders for AFK's

That being said, if there are 5 people in a game and trying, I dont like to surrender in ranked games.

Jimmy Stewart

05-17-2012

How cute

confusedalot

05-17-2012

Quote:
Sephrinx:
Are you that guy who refuse to surrender even tho its 2-12 and they have taken 4 towers to your zero? One of those people who think somehow a miracle will happen and you will some how win?
I hate that guy.

I call that being optimistic....but at that point you should be done being optimistic. As long as you are not behind by too many towers and you can dragon often you'll be fine

MoonStomp

05-17-2012

Quote:
GoodJibbCutter:
Ok, kids this is really starting to get on my nerves because I hate it when a child breaks a cool toy just because they refuse to play with it properly...

It is extremely unfortunate that, in LOL the abuse of the surrender option, regardless of its intended purpose is responsible for the serious degradation of the majority of fun that constitutes any good moba match, i.e. the PVP challenge.

!!!!!!!****IMPORTANT*****!!!!!!
OFC Im not talking about when theres an obvious unbalance in the game like an afk, obvious trolling feeder(btw a feeder is NOT someone that has just so happened to die 3 times before 15 mins, 90% of the time they're an ok player just having a bad start). And NOT talking about the games that have been dragged on because of stalemates. PREMATURE UNNECESSARY SURRENDERS is the issue, not surrender in general. Because this is happening to me all the time (nowadays) im expecting a lot of backlash from people who see themselves in my words and get offended, that is your problem, i wont be responding to any replies like this anymore either because Ive already made myself clear about that

The pattern that frequents matches is- that once a relativity unskilled player decides that they aren't on a steady and uninhibited winning spree, they hit the surrender because the game is going to be a little harder than if the opponent hero's player was a blindfolded down syndrome kid who is asleep.

What my first question is :Why are you even playing the game when you want to stop and cry as soon as the good bits start? Who cares that you just died.... O, NO !! Its part of the game to die, if you fall off you get back up try harder, you don't just quit as tho playing the rest of the match is a chore ONLY because you can't faceroll the keyboard to win in 3 minutes time...!
which leads me to my second question: You seem to be trying to fast-track your way to level 30, so what do you think will happen when you start playing matches wit battle hardened level 30 players when all you know is, " Oh, we aren't obviously winning because of some massive imbalance in our favor so we'll surrender at 21 mins OK?"

Learn to play the **** game...
Stop ruining all of our games for people who actually ENJOY playing LoL
Surrender is for when there's an obvious; troll in the game, or some other kind of serious problem,but you all use it to sap the fun out of the game.
Stop it , i want to keep enjoying the fun challenge of a good solid game of LoL, stop making it hard for me!

I stopped reading when you said kids. Tldr op is a child.