Draft Mode in TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

05-14-2012

Bump. Might as well make this the official "requesting draft mode" thread since it has a red post in it.

EvilSeeMonkey

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s, since you may get to ban singed/lee sin, but you may end up getting matched against much tougher competition after having waited 5-7 mins.

If you're looking for a way to ban in the meantime, however, I highly recommend trying ranked teams once you're level 30. My team and I have been doing it a lot and really enjoy it!
Its not that I am not good at TT. Just I hate fighting the same team over and over. Ezreal Tryn ... anyone that can jump across gaps. Means I have to play someone I don't really want to play to always counter these champs. It's boring. There are lots of champs never get used because ezreal or someone similar is almost always gonna be picked on other team.

Mango027

07-09-2012

Quote:
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
In a worst case scenario play draft TT a summoner would only need 12 champions. This would make them last pick where 6 of their champions were banned and the others were chosen by other players. 10 champions are free every week. So this summoner would only need to own 2 champions that are not free to play that week. Luckily Tristana and Alistar are always free. So if those two champions are never FTP then everyone has a chance to play draft TT without having to invest any IP in a champion. So, there is no reason to not have draft TT the standard and eliminate normal blind TT.

Shadeykris

07-09-2012

Except that some people like normal blind TT.

AntiNewb

07-17-2012

I wouldn't even mind longer queue times if it meant I could play draft without having a team of 3. I can honestly tell you that the only reason I do not play normal TT is because there is no draft mode and I bet I'm not the only one like this. Also, I would think that mostly higher level players would queue up for draft where as lower levels would queue up for blind pick so the queue times wouldn't go up that much and the skill differences wouldn't be all that much most of the time.

HashyAKAdave

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiNewb View Post
I wouldn't even mind longer queue times if it meant I could play draft without having a team of 3. I can honestly tell you that the only reason I do not play normal TT is because there is no draft mode and I bet I'm not the only one like this. Also, I would think that mostly higher level players would queue up for draft where as lower levels would queue up for blind pick so the queue times wouldn't go up that much and the skill differences wouldn't be all that much most of the time.
This.

I love TT but I refuse to play against champs like darius, shen, riven.

KAGedSin

07-19-2012

Okay, reading all these comments I realize that a slight change to the twisted treeline's normal blind pick making it a turn based visible pick with no bans would be sensible. Actual strategy involved in picking champions and knowing what you're in for and how to prepare for it is what would come of it. It's already the luck of the draw anyway so why not just make the draw a little more strategic when picking teams rather than exploiting the very clearly overpowered for TT champions? Hopefully Taco Storm is still answering questions. I do feel like this is a good idea. Thumbs up for agreement? Thumbs down if I should shut up.

Always MIA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s
This is a problem that will continue to get worse as you guys keep developing new game modes such as Murder Bridge.

Nothing wrong with new game modes but each having their own seperate queues is really going to hurt the existing ones.

I'd like an option where we can random queue:
Give us an option to either:
A. Show us a list of ALL game modes and types (Ranked, Normals, Blind, Draft, everything) and give us the option to checkbox which ones we want.
B. Anything is fair game but we will be able to know what game mode we are going to get and are allowed the option to "dodge" or skip.

Incentive? Bonus IP for using the system and getting more players to play the other game modes so we are allowed options like draft TT.

J Lëe

08-05-2012

Another suggestion on the matter would be replacing blind pick with draft mode but no banning atleast we could counter pick against a try-hard-amere or a singed there just op to go against in tt blindly is all and this would also help low lvls due to no banning doesn't mean they have to own any champions still

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

They could just have 2 less bans... then you could own 0 champs and play draft.