Draft Mode in TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3 Herbalist

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s, since you may get to ban singed/lee sin, but you may end up getting matched against much tougher competition after having waited 5-7 mins.

If you're looking for a way to ban in the meantime, however, I highly recommend trying ranked teams once you're level 30. My team and I have been doing it a lot and really enjoy it!
If it's not too much to ask (and I may be asking the wrong person as well), is there any word on changing up/buffing/nerfing/QoL changing the 3s map any time soon? I feel like that would bring a LOT more players into the map as well as bring old, frustrated players back into the game mode - which in turn would give a larger player base and lead to other options.

Alan MQ

05-11-2012

Quote:
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
TT wont grow without support and advertisement. Please do more before you make any conclusion, nth have been done for TT for very long time.

Satrapa

05-12-2012

Quote:
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made.
Why are there not enough players for such split? Is it possible it is due to lack of tournaments, streamed games, spotlights made on this map, no changes made (you could really think about removing random from the jungle) and limited usability of some champions on this map (if a champion is weak on SR and to some degree on dominion he can count for a buff at some point, its not the same on TT)?
Can we count on more love for TT?

Frost Wolf EU

05-12-2012

We want draft for tt !

K K0

05-12-2012

"not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3"

You might not think so but it would and it's needed.

Yankowich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Quote:
Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
When the spectator patch just came out and you could see the first featured matches on the front page, there were a couple of Twisted Treeline matches there too. After that I've never ever seen one, not once. Sometimes I spend a few minutes refreshing the page in hopes of getting to spectate a TT game but so far I haven't had any luck - not in NA, not in EUW.

I realize Summoner's Rift is the far more popular mode, but it's really sad to think that yet again TT is left in the shadow.

Could you consider giving Twisted Treeline a tiny bit of help in this regard? The highest elo players probably don't play that much, so maybe feature games from lower in the gold bracket? Favor TT so that there's a higher possibility that 1 of the 5 featured games is a 3on3 match? Something like that.

If you really want to raise Twisted Treeline's popularity, wouldn't giving it some visibility be a nudge to the right direction?

Nukemouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Quote:
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

You know what might help with that? Tell Phreak to add a TT guide to his spotlight as well as SR/Domin.

Th3 Herbalist

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukemouse View Post
You know what might help with that? Tell Phreak to add a TT guide to his spotlight as well as SR/Domin.
They used to do that. In fact, the day Vayne came out - instead of a spotlight video - Phreak and a few other Rioters played a livestreamed 3s game (even if it was only because they didn't have enough for a 5s) to showcase her. After that, however... nothing. At all. Nothing on purpose, at least.

good job chimpy

05-13-2012

i believe the reason why phreak doesn't do a TT build guide/section is because he(and most people) consider what you would build on SR the same as the normal build you would get on TT.

so if we could somehow prove phreak wrong we might get a section in the spotlights, ideas?

Th3 Herbalist

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by good job chimpy View Post
i believe the reason why phreak doesn't do a TT build guide/section is because he(and most people) consider what you would build on SR the same as the normal build you would get on TT.

so if we could somehow prove phreak wrong we might get a section in the spotlights, ideas?
3s gameplay is totally different. Idea submitted, done.