Draft Mode in TT

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Taco - how did you get to be so good at Twisted Treeline? And could you offer me tips?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadeykris

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
No....... TT is just too imba to enjoy. Furthermore, if your team can't even practice before playing TT since everyone in normal just abuses the OP champions on that mode.
...In your opinion. I love TT, it is my favorite mode. I would like if the fountain lasers were balanced on both sides, but pretty much everything else I can deal with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlis View Post
Thanks for the response Taco Storm, I get the rationale, but why not "Draft" only then? Champs are balanced for SR, so the ability to keep the most obnoxious stuff from TT is extra appealing
Right now there is ranked team draft and unranked blind pick... Neither option is 100% perfect, but its probably the best solution. Some people like blind pick better, you can't just get rid of it altogether.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

05-11-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlis View Post
Thanks for the response Taco Storm, I get the rationale, but why not "Draft" only then? Champs are balanced for SR, so the ability to keep the most obnoxious stuff from TT is extra appealing
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s, since you may get to ban singed/lee sin, but you may end up getting matched against much tougher competition after having waited 5-7 mins.

If you're looking for a way to ban in the meantime, however, I highly recommend trying ranked teams once you're level 30. My team and I have been doing it a lot and really enjoy it!
What if we just disable non-draft mode for TT? We've accepted that Riot nerfs around SR and TT will essentially be ignored, but TT is actually pretty balanced when you can ban and counter pick. However, blind pick just doesn't work well on this map.

I understand your argument, but I'm sure many TT players would prefer Draft mode to Blind Pick if they could only have one or the other.

I know personally, I'm not asking for an draft mode in addition to blind pick; I want draft mode IN EXCHANGE for blind pick.


Edit: Oops, I see your post above me. Still, I stand by my comment. One reason people don't play TT is because "lol, that map is so imbalanced". However, TT really doesn't feel imbalanced when you can ban and counter. Only blind pick makes it imbalanced. When your team is out to have a good time and the other team picks Singed, Trynd, and Lee Sin...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Taco your answer is bull****
if you introduced a draft mode normal or solo queue ranked it would bring more players to twisted treeline
yeah if you divide the current number of TT players between two queues the queues would be long, but you aren't factoring in the new interest and increased number of players that would play the map with the introduction of a draft mode
RELEASE DRAFT MODE NOW


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Taco - appreciate the red posts in this forum. But I think the general consensus is that solo-ranked and draft-normals, would both make TT much more attractive, resulting in more games played by existing players, and likely higher draw of "new" players.

Not everyone plays teams. I'm sure your metrics from 5s show that solo-queue is played dramatically more often than full premades.

And TT is never going to be totally balanced, so having bans makes it SO much more fun to play. If that results in longer wait-times, I haven't seen anyone say they don't want it anyways. And if - as we expect - it draws in more players, then it could actually result in shorter wait times.

Edit: And for those who don't own 16 total champs (including free-weeks), they can drop a tiny bit of IP and pick up more than enough. IP Prices for a minimally-competant stable of champs, to supplement free-weekers, are minimal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
that kind requires balancing TT =p


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
Taco your answer is bull****
if you introduced a draft mode normal or solo queue ranked it would bring more players to twisted treeline
yeah if you divide the current number of TT players between two queues the queues would be long, but you aren't factoring in the new interest and increased number of players that would play the map with the introduction of a draft mode
RELEASE DRAFT MODE NOW

Allow me to explain something to you.
Riot, and Taco perhaps as well, isn't a complete and utter moron. They have tried this "Lets release a draft mode alongside blindpick for one of our underplayed maps".

They did this on Dominion.

Ask any Dominion player of a higher Elo how that has worked out and they'll say "Well there's that 30-50 minute queue time"..

Or you could be like Sauron(Top ranked Dominion player) who has over one hour of queue time...on blind pick...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
Holy #@$^ing &^%$ a red post in TT, and it's TACO STORM!

Dude, couldn't an argument be made that more players would be willing to play TT if there was a draft mode? Or did Riot learn otherwise when they did the TT experiments last year?

Also, y u no fix lazers and jungle?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vynar

Member

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
Mr. Sexy Malzahar, I have no idea how this would actually effect TT numbers but at least personally I don't play TT because there is no draft mode.


123456 ... 7