Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League on Linux HOW TO (up to date Varus patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rivanor

11-19-2012

Hi all,

I've used PlayOnLinux to install/run League of Legends and the game seems to work mostly fine (no graphical glitches!). Framerate is a little less than windows but still playable.

Background music and other sound occasionally get messed up after you've played a game but gets fixed once you start a new game (ie leave champ select screen).

The only problem I've found which is forcing me to reboot back to Windows is the alt combo keys and I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix this. Like if I am playing Mordekaiser, it is very common for me to do ALT+W to put shield on myself but this seems to have some kind of alt-tab effect (I am wondering if this is due to my Unity window manager intercepting the keystroke or something). Likewise, when I was playing Kayle, I wanted to do ALT+W to heal myself and ALT+R to ult myself but this causes an alt-tab effect meaning that the game's framerate drops really low and I have to hit alt-tab to "get back" even though the game is still active on my screen (and mouse commands still work).

Ubuntu 12.04
Unity

Sk8rjwd

12-31-2012

Hey everyone, I made an updated complete guide that shows how to get League working in Linux 99% (only runes not showing up in store) with a functional store in and out of game. Please hop over to my thread and give it a look as I spent a lot of time working on it. You don't need PlayOnLinux, just Wine.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2957372

Working as of 12/31/12

Master Lyon

01-01-2013

Quote:
Sk8rjwd:
Hey everyone, I made an updated complete guide that shows how to get League working in Linux 99% (only runes not showing up in store) with a functional store in and out of game. Please hop over to my thread and give it a look as I spent a lot of time working on it. You don't need PlayOnLinux, just Wine.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2957372

Working as of 12/31/12

yeah uh ur link doesnt work. BUMP BECAUSE WE NEED TO EXPAND LoL's PLAYER DATABASE.

Commando125

01-04-2013

I fixed his link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2957372
Hope you solve the shop crash too.

spartara

03-18-2013

can you explain in numbers, how much is the impact in graphics performance. ty in advance. if it is more than 10% it will be unplayable for me!

xpress615

03-18-2013

Hey everyone, I just wanted to report my success in finally getting the in-game shop to work. I am not the greatest of ubuntu user as I just started to use this as my primary OS maybe a month now.

I have tried that LoL_Legend_Tools that was reported to work but when i applied it myself it didn't work also installing the IE6 fix...didn't help either.

I ended up redoing the whole install with POL, updating the LoL and then applying the LoL_Legend_Tool after playing one game the shop works fine but that is only after playing a game. *edit POL also has the ingame store fix patch ready to select/in their menu.

I haven't had much success in getting my frame rate to where it usually is if I were to run this game in windows...i start out at 60fps idle and then when action happens i get as low as 30fps. <- haven't tried the fix from the first post will try later.

also, forgot minimap works fine now too before it was garbbled looking now it is perfect. (update minimap went back to ****)

Kyu Ryu

10-03-2014

For the purpose on spreading useful information on playing league of legends on Linux. Can everyone that does so please have their clients set to auto join the chat call "Linux". No parenthesis of course. There are other reasons why this would be useful as well but I am not going into a long post now.