Awesomenauts!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quenthal

05-09-2012

I logged onto Xbox Live today and found a gem.

Awesomenauts is a mix between Super Smash Brother and League of Legends. It pits two teams of 3 in a battle to destroy the others "Drill Core". The game has a couple different maps but the first one you play on is VERY reminisent of Twisted Treeline.

The game only has a few champions so far but I guess they will be releasing more champions after some time has passed. There is online, offline and practice mode.

I really urge you to check this out. It has some decent champion customization in the form of ability unlocks that you can pay for via Solaron (gold) that you get from farming nutral camps, champions, creeps and towers.

Very, very fun. Check it out on Xbox Live and tell me what you think.

P.S. If anyone decideds to pick it up I would love to form a 3v3 team to climb the rankings with. So hit me up
P.S.S Also, it is only 10$ worth every penny.
P.S.S.S. Here is a link to their homepage...

http://www.awesomenauts.com/awesomenauts.html

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Heard about this weeks ago. Looks good, but yeah. It's basically a 2D MOBA.

Scimatth7

05-09-2012

Love this game. It's best with friends, but the AI isn't half bad.

Quenthal

05-09-2012

Deffinatly a 2D MOBA. Yeah the bots are alright. They suffer from being easly baitable into turrets foran easy first blood.

After playing online a bit more I have to say my only problem with the game is if someone leaves the fight they are replaced with bots. While that in itself isn't a problem. The same bots can be replaced AGAIN by another real player. This poses the problem of you potentially coming into a game where someone is 20 levels ahead of you and you have no chance to take him down unless the other two people on your team were from the start of the match and equally leveled. Or on the flip side, your team may be doing well, then someone dcds and you get 1-2 bots to feed the other team giving up any chance of you winning if the game last to long or you have a tanky/support champion.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

When I saw them playing it on the Rooster Teeth youtube channel it looked like it was a Soldat remake.

Quenthal

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
When I saw them playing it on the Rooster Teeth youtube channel it looked like it was a Soldat remake.
Never heared of Soldat. I'll be checking that out.

CovertGhoul

05-10-2012

Tencent Holdings should buy them ;p

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

05-10-2012

hm... tapping into the console market where LoL has no share

good idea

Quenthal

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertGhoul View Post
Tencent Holdings should buy them ;p
How I've never heared of the worlds third largest internet company is beyond me. It would deffinatly raise the awareness of this game. Unfortunatly awareness is what kills small game companies ventures such as this game. But with how quality of a product this game is and the fact that Oak pointed out, I am hoping the community grows quickly.

@CatchandKiss
EDIT: Checked out Soldat. Seems to be closer to a Scorched Earth/Worms style game but I can understand your initial compairison when veiwing clips of it.

Quenthal

05-12-2012

Have to bump at least once. Check it out people