Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Varus - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

05-09-2012

Question ignored. q.q

Arance

05-09-2012

I got the picture of Varus having became a 'spirit of vengeance' more so than an actual complex person after having gained the corruption. A man who became a monster because he wasn't strong enough to remain a man. To see him painted more as actually fighting against the corruption while attempting to manipulate it for his goals is... different. (Can't say for sure which path I think is more interesting.)

Also, about his death animation, I kind of pictured his bow and hand overloading and even exploding as the blackness spread and consumed him entirely. To see him instead stab himself is interesting. Besides being an obvious homage to WC3 Demon Hunter, is this meant to suggest him killing himself is an attempt to keep the corruption from completely taking over?

Prince Kassad

05-09-2012

Who is the better archer: pre-corruption Varus or Ashe? (assuming she doesn't get to use any of her frost magic)

Also, I want to thank you for answering a Karma question! Sometimes I feel like Riot forgets she exists, but I actually think she has one of the most compelling backstories in this game. I instabought her after I read her quote: "her truest strength lies in the hearts of those willing to die alonside her." I'm not sure if you know who wrote that, but if you do, tell them that they are a LORE BOSS.

Lord Omicron

05-09-2012

Where does Varus reside now?

Renekton Bot

05-09-2012

Has Varus ever thought of tracking down the 13 treasures of Rule to get rid of the dark water eating his legs or is he worried he's going to get cancelled halfway through the next season?

Also now that his corruption is 'free' what's stopping it from, you know, 'chaining' off to someone else and then spreading across the world to devour everything?

"The threat of Renekton" is a viable answer.

Ragnar Draconus

05-09-2012

Were you guys aware that Varus is also the named of a specific disability of the knees? I assume so since he is an archer. With arrows. Arrows and the knees.

Mädchen

05-09-2012

Varus moves with a really inhuman, predatory sort of grace and prowl. Aside from the obvious corruption, has the the Blight affected Varus's physiology in ways other than that which is immediately obvious? He feels less like a human and more like an apex predator.

Is there a possibility of the Blight spreading to other people, under any circumstance?

Ravechaosknight

05-09-2012

Quote:
Skribbles:
Though I don't think Varus would murder a Noxian civilian in cold blood, he holds Noxus as a nation responsible for their might-makes-right conqueror mentality. To that end, I think he has a strong distaste for all Noxians. He specifically hates anyone involved with the invasion though, people like Singed and Warwick, who (though they are Zaunite) played some of the most horrific roles in the invasion. I think his opinion of Riven is most interesting though. She turned away from the Noxian path, but I don't think he believes there can be redemption for the crimes she committed in the past.

Aww, if this is Riots official standpoint I'm highly disappointed. When I first read about Varus the very first thing I thought was "Man, he's going to hate Riven." Not cool!

This is mostly because in the vision I have of Riven, if she would have came across the Noxians pillaging his Village the very least she would have done is order her own troops not to partake, and to me she would have possibly sought out the Noxian commander and challenged their order to attack the village.

Now onto my question. I know his Judgement/Lore says that he went to the Institute of War to get closer to the Noxians responsible for the attack on Ionia, but is it also possible the Varus that is fighting to keep control knew that a) The Institute was probably the best hope he had of freeing himself of the corruption, and b) if he/they couldn't free him, they would at least be the best suited to be able contain the Monster he will eventually become from causing any further tragedies?

lceCar

Recruiter

05-09-2012

Was the temple that was holding the corruption thing there before the Rune Wars?

Also, I was under the impression that the JoJ was stopped in order to bring us lore in different ways, so I was surprised to see one released recently (not that I'm complaining). Can you shed some light on this?

PanicDrive

05-09-2012

Can you tell us anything on the source of the corruption? Ionians were the one that kept it 'safe' so to speak, does that mean it came from them? Maybe a past mistake? Or would this be something from the void that maybe found its way in and it was the Ionians that were there to stop it in the past? It seems very important that it was kept under control so does that mean the other Ionian Champions are upset with Varus in releasing something so terrible?